Chapter 31

"So class, there is a test today. You are going to do a test together with class B. At the end, we will choose three students from each class for.... for the reward, so make an effort." The class began loud conversations about what the reward could be. "Go to the sports field now!" Aizawa interrupted the noise and led them all outside. "We're going to finish you off Class A!" Neito was beaten directly by Itzka. "Be nice Neito." "You won't be competing against each other. We're going to mix teams and then play dodgeball. Quirks are allowed, but if something created by your Quirk is hit, the hit still counts." The students' mouths dropped open. "Dodgeball?" Confused, they looked at each other. "Yes, dodgeball. Now line up, we don't have forever." The pupils lined up. As the teams were divided they looked around. Four teams with 10 people in each. "Everyone will only play once, so do your best to be considered for the reward. "Can I be king?" She looked around at her team. Indeed, it was smart to come forward. Izuku was the king of the opposing team. He was certainly very good at dodging. "So I don't care." Others on the team didn't care either. They all wanted to be on the field, in the spotlight. Kaede was happy to relax for now. When the game started, she threw balls back and forth with her team, but they were rather reserved. "Come on, guys! Think of something, use your Quirk!" Kyoka was out first. "Kyoka, come on!" She whispered something in her friend's ear and she nodded. After a while, when Kyoka was back in the game, Yosetsu threw a ball. Just as the others were about to dodge, Kyoka used her Quirk and knocked them off balance. "Great guys, keep it up!" But their joy did not last long. Itzka threw herself forward, enlarged her hands, and caught the ball. "Shit!" Yosetsu was very close to the front line. Itzka's eyes lit up as she threw the ball right back. He ran, but She scored. The other team worked their way back up and got all the players back on the field, so from there, Izuku almost completely eliminated Kaede's team. "Kaede, you can do this." Mina had been the last one on the field. "Go Kaede!" Everyone cheered her on as she got both balls and stood alone on the field. She tried to be smart and throw one of the balls at a time to comrades on opposite sides, but they were caught. "Ohh, sorry guys." Completely red, she stood on the field facing two balls. When the first was thrown, she simply leaned to the side and she was able to easily dodge the second as well, but when Izuku threw the ball back with massive force and speed, she had to throw herself forward. In order not to stay down, she braced herself and did a flip. "Wow, wtf!" She had no time to listen to the applause of her colleagues. Three people were taking turns throwing the ball all the time, chasing Kaede around, who was having trouble keeping up. She had slowly become accustomed to Ibara and Tenya's balls as she rolled across the floor, hitting wheel after wheel and gasping desperately for air. But Izuku was a difficult opponent. He didn't just throw. From the off, he could change his position all the time and attack her from all sides. Then the first ball hit. It knocked her off balance, but she took it in hand as it rolled and threw Tenya hard against his head. She had put so much force into the throw that you could hear the glass of his glasses shatter. If she had had time, she would have apologised, but the others were already throwing her off again. She blanked out everything except the balls. After a few seconds of being bombarded again, she dodged and stood on her hands. A ball flew straight at her leg, leaving her only one option. She kicked hard and the ball flew straight back to Ibara. The crowd cheered when it hit. Out of breath, Kaede got back to her feet. "Let's throw at the same time Denki!" They counted to three, then the balls flew. Kaede knew the moment Izuku's ball came whizzing towards her that at least one of them was going to hit. She took a step forward, surprising everyone present. They had expected another extraordinary dodge and not that she would run straight into the ball. Denki was also surprised. It was his surprise, but also the speed of the ball that gave him no possibility to dodge. Izuku's ball hit Denki and threw him back several metres. The audience was silent as the ball rolled out to Eijiro.

Eijiro took the ball and threw off the mushroom girl, who was standing very close to the edge and already almost falling asleep. With that, Kaede was relieved. "I won't let you down Kaede!" She felt totally sick. When Mina came running to her, she waved her off. Kaede bent over and threw up. Eijiro didn't stand on the field for long. Kaede wiped the drool from her mouth. Drenched in sweat, she stood on the field again. When she started doing flips and wheels again, she forgot where up and down was. Her wrist snapped. After that she could only half lean on it. She slumped on the ground and was still able to avoid the ball. Izuku tried to throw at her from above, but she rolled away. She had to get up again quickly. She couldn't keep this up forever, so she turned her head to where Izuku was standing and threw. His eyes widened when she held out her hand. She caught. However, it took her so long to weaken the momentum that someone tossed her from behind. "Team 1 has won!" Her team came running towards her and hugged her wildly even though they had lost. "What a killer move that was when you hit Ibara!" "When did you learn to move like that!!!" Apparently everyone wanted to know the answer to that, because they asked no more questions. "Well, there was a period in my life when I couldn't train with my Quirk and I didn't have much space either, so exercises like that were all I could do." Bakugo raised his head in the back. "I have to stop interpreting everything she says," he said to himself. Izuku fought his way through the crowd to her. "Wow Kaede, that was great." "Thanks, but you threw a really bad ass." He glanced at her wrist. No one else had noticed. "Let's see Recovery girl give you something for the dizziness."