Self defense

When Bucky followed Nat and Sam into your apartment, he started getting nervous all over again, and felt like both of his hands were sweating, which was crazy because he only had one hand to sweat with. The walls were all lined with mismatched bookshelves and full of books that clearly looked well read. He couldn't even tell what color the walls were at most places, and then discovered it was a sky blue. A long haired white cat came over and wound herself around his legs.
"That's Aurora" Sam introduced as he sat down on the couch. Bucky bent down and picked up the cat who purred happily at him.
"She's a sweetie" he smiled to himself.
"She doesn't normally like strangers" Nat told him, taking the chair, leaving Bucky a spot on the couch to sit. "It took her a few visits to tolerate me in her space"
"You just don't have the touch" Sam teased.
"Bucky does" Nat grinned at him and he flushed a little.
"She looks a lot like my Alpine" he admitted.
"Maybe if she does end up moving to the compound they can make little white marshmallows" Nat teased.
"I'm not moving" you called from your bedroom.
"Tony says you are" Nat called back with a mischievous smirk.
"The hell I am" you opened the door and came out in a pair of black leggings and a form fitting white shirt with a pair of red converse sneakers. You had taken the time to brush your hair and put it back in a braid, and wash your face before they had come. You blushed a little seeing Bucky in your apartment, but decided you liked seeing him there.
"I already told you, he gets what he wants" Sam warned you.
"Moving is a pain, and I don't have time to pack all this up. I work overtime all the time as it is. If I move there, I'll never get away for even five minutes" you crossed your arms.
"Pretty sure he's already planning on hiring movers" Nat smirked.
"I'm not moving" you shook your head. "I like my office where it is"
"It wouldn't be so bad if you lived in the main building, we would see you more" Sam smiled at you.
"You already see me every day Sammy" you reminded him.
"I don't, I'd like to" Bucky blushed and looked away. "I mean, we all would like to. Steve said it too" he added. "We all like having you around" he rambled, stuttering slightly. You smiled softly and looked away shyly. You wished silently that it was more than a friendship.
"Let's get to the gym" Sam sighed.
"It's usually empty" you admitted softly. Bucky stood up quickly to follow you, Sam, and Nat. You stopped long enough to lock the door, but Bucky stood closely for a moment and you looked at him shyly. He took a few steps back suddenly and gave a small smile.
"Sorry" he quickly apologized.
"You're fine, Bucky" you blushed slightly.

When you got down to the gym you saw Sam lead you to the boxing ring and you slowly got in. Nat and Bucky slid in like it was the simplest thing in the world.
"Now I want you to watch" Sam tugged you to go to the side a bit. You nodded and watched as Nat nodded to Bucky who threw a right hook at her and she deflected it easily before his gaze went past her to yours and she got him under the chin and he fell back.
"Stop getting distracted" Natasha spoke to him in Russian and you looked at them curiously wondering what she said.
"She has beautiful eyes, it's hard" Bucky spoke back quickly in Russian.
"What language is that?" you asked Sam.
"Russian, they do it all the time when they are sparring" Sam shrugged.
"We are supposed to be teaching her" Nat sassed him back in Russian and he nodded.
"Today, you two" Sam called to them.
"Watch" Nat looked to you and she waited for Bucky to attack her. You saw that she was comfortable in close quarters with him, and felt slightly jealous wishing that you were that comfortable as well with Bucky. She moved like a dance for every move he made, she deflected it. "Now your turn with Bucky" Nat came over to grab your hand and bring you forward.
Bucky gave a half smile and waited for you to get closer. You took a few steps towards Bucky and hesitated.
"Now I want you to try to slap her, slowly" Nat instructed. "You are going to reach up and block his hand from getting to you"
You waited for Bucky to go to slap you, and you raised your hand slowly to stop him from hitting you using the meaty part of your arm the way Nat had done. He smirked looking at you and went to throw another soft slap but you ducked quickly instead.
"Ducking is good, but if he's moving faster you might get hurt" Nat warned you.
"You did really good. I think you're great" Bucky stammered slightly. "Let's try again. You should stand, can I touch you?" He went to move forward but stopped himself.
"Yes of course" you nodded and he reached forward, moving your stance a bit. He would stand back, then come forward and move another part of your body taking a moment to look at you.
"Okay, I'm going to pretend to hit you" Bucky warned you. "I want you to block it, and we will keep practicing" he seemed to be getting some of his confidence back. Every time he went to go through the motion of slapping you, you would block it again with the meaty part of your arm. You seemed to be getting used to what to do, when Sam jumped in and looked at you seriously.
"Okay, now let's practice if someone grabs you from behind. Watch what Nat does, and then Bucky will work with you" he went to grab Nat from behind and she elbowed him quickly before turning around and she flipped him over her head. You giggled a little seeing Sam on his back.
"I can't do that" you shook your head.
"Sure you can, you're great. I mean, you can do anything you put your mind to really" Bucky spoke up. "I'm going to touch you"
"Go for it" you nodded. He went to grab you from behind, and you tried to move your elbow to his solar plexus but barely touched him and moved to turn around and gave a lame push.
"You have to try harder" Sam instructed.
"Try it again" Nat sighed and Bucky, who was careful to keep some distance between the both of you the whole time, went to grab you from behind again. You tried to move your elbow up, and try to get him in the solar plexus. He moved back a little, giving you plenty of room. You went to push him, but you fell back since he was sturdy as a brick wall.
"Oof" you exclaimed as you hit the floor.
"Are you okay?" Bucky pulled up on your hand to get back up off of the ground. He looked overly worried.
"I don't think I'm cut out for this" you sighed heavily.
"I can take it" Bucky shook his head. "I mean, if she can handle me. If she wants to handle me. I mean I'm free. She can take me"
"Let's practice with Sam instead" Nat suggested.
"No, I'll practice with Bucky. Show me one more time" you asked her, and she quickly went through the motions. Sam groaned as he hit the ground again
"Just push him hard" Nat shrugged. You turned around and waited for Bucky to come at you again. He seemed to be keeping his distance at his hips when he went to grab you. You brought up your elbow again and felt your arm hit solid muscle and flinched. He moved back and you turned and pushed on his chest and almost lost your balance again.