Shockwaves

After you were done supper, you felt contentment, and excited to go to the pool. You went with Sam, Steve, Bucky and Loki who politely waited outside the room while you went to the changing room to get changed. It was easy to locate Bucky's locker since his name was on it, and you pulled out your powder blue swimsuit and quickly put it on. You put your clothes in Bucky's locker and went to the door and opened it up and Bucky's eyes lit up like it was Christmas as he looked you up and down.
"Thank you for waiting" you pulled the door completely open and stood back for a moment.
"Stop oogling, jerk" Steve chuckled and walked in, pulling in Bucky with him. Loki and Sam quickly followed behind them and they headed into the changing room. You went to the pool and walked to the far end to get to the deep in and dived in. The lukewarm water brought you to your senses and you swam underwater to the shallow end and came up for air.
"It's heated" you said in surprise to no one in particular.
"Yes, all the indoor pools are heated," Loki said as he came around the corner with his phone in his hand. He looked like a god, standing tall and proud in his swimming shorts. He chuckled and sat down on one of the chairs to the side and started texting someone. You had a feeling you knew who it was.
"Jack?" you asked with a smirk on your face.
"Indeed" Loki nodded, still staring at his phone with a smile toying at his lips. "He wants to come over again this weekend" he added, a slight pink on his cheeks.
"Ooh, say yes!" you encouraged him.
"I think I will," he nodded and went back to texting.

"Maybe he can spend the night" you added in a singsong voice and that time you did see him blush for sure.

"That's the plan" Loki said in a soft voice after a moment.
"That is awesome" you did a small dance, feeling so happy for your friend.
"What's awesome?" Sam came out and took the stairs to get into the pool.
"How much I'm going to beat your ass swimming" you quickly changed the subject for Loki's sake.
"I don't think so," Sam laughed and dunked himself under the water. "You ready?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow.
"Oh, you are going down!" you playfully pushed him and started swimming back towards the deep end. You could feel Sam catching up and close to you. You reached the end and he was already pushing off and swimming back. You huffed slightly, but started chasing after him. You were having so much fun chasing after Sam, that you didn't notice Bucky and Steve get into the pool and they started doing their own laps.
You swam until you were breathless and Sam, bless him, still had the stamina to keep going. You stopped in the shallow end and stood still to catch your breath. Sam made it to the deep end before he noticed you weren't behind him.
"I never took you for a quitter" he teased you.
"I'm no Avenger, remember?" you asked breathlessly. "I need a breather" you laid back and floated on the water. "You keep going. Do your thing, I'll be right here enjoying the water" you called to him. You heard him chuckle and he started doing his laps again. You floated close to the edge and you suddenly felt a presence and opened your eyes, looking over to see Loki came and sat on the side with his legs in the water.
"Are you alright, Kitten?" Loki asked, since you were still panting slightly.
"I'm a little out of shape," you giggled.
"No, you are the perfect shape as is. Everyone is built differently" he smiled and his phone pinged again. "Jack is excited about Friday night. Will you be here, or are you going back to the cabin again?"
"I'm definitely going back to the cabin. I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I had hoped. There was so much to do," you admitted.
"I'm sure you'll see him on Sunday" Loki went back to his phone. "He says you haven't changed your order for ten years" he chuckled. "Is that true?"
"Probably" you laughed. "I might have to change it up now that he's brought it up" you said mischievously. You saw Loki typing in his phone, his eyes lit up as he looked at you.
"I'm going to guess. Chocolate" he smirked.
"You do know me" you giggled again.
"It was Jack's guess, but I agreed," Loki admitted and went back to his phone.
"Are you two getting serious?" you asked in a whisper.
"I don't know. I'm immortal, but I would like for it to be" he said a little shyly.
"For what I know of Jack, he is a good guy. I hope it works out" you kept your tone hushed.
"As do I. I also surprisingly have a pass from Tony to go out of the compound once a week now, without being your bodyguard" he told you with a proud smile.
"It's about time!" you exclaimed a bit, then caught yourself.
"I have a feeling I have you to thank. You got him to start letting me out with you, and now I finally have some semblance of freedom. Thank you" he nodded to you and you blushed a bit at the praise.
"You're welcome," you said a little shyly.
"James is a lucky man" he nodded his chin towards Bucky.
"Jack is a lucky man" you countered quickly.
"I hope to live up to that praise" Loki mumbled going back to his phone.
"You already do," you assured him.

"You ready, sugar?" Bucky asked you after a while. You had continued your quiet conversation with Loki, and Sam had joined in after a few more laps.
"Yeah, did you guys want to go first?" you asked, looking over to see him and Steve were standing beside one another close by.
"No, you go first cuddle bug. We can wait" Sam told you and you nodded.
"I'm just going to grab a towel and take a shower upstairs" you got out of the pool, deciding that would likely be best.
"Did you want to conserve water?" Bucky asked hopefully. You burst out laughing and shook your head.
"We wouldn't be conserving water," you replied quickly.
"There's showers down here" Steve offered.
"You guys go ahead, I'll just wrap up in a towel and shower upstairs. I'll wait here though" you went and grabbed one of the community towels and started drying off in front of them. You went into the locker room after a moment and grabbed your clothes and phone and came back out to sit and wait. Loki came to sit beside you while Bucky, Sam and Steve went to use the community shower.
"What are you up to?" Loki asked after you both heard the showers starting.
"Just checking a few things" you opened up your apps quickly and starting looking at the data again. You had a ping go off thirty minutes ago and you looked at it. The doctor used his credit card again, and it was close by at a hotel.
"I know that look" he saw the lights flicker as you started furiously typing into your phone.
"I need my computer," you said after a moment's hesitation and you stood up.
"And where do I send your soldier?" he asked, watching you curiously.
"Our room, I'm just going to the lab for a moment" you said as the lights continued to flicker. You let out a pulse of energy and Loki shook his head.
"Breathe kitten. Tell me what happened," Loki whispered.
"The doctor used his credit card, and it's at a hotel nearby" you told him quickly.
"I do not think you should be looking into this alone" he stood up. "They will figure it out for themselves" he added, and you could tell his mind was made up. You led the way out of the pool room, and padded your way to the lab, completely forgetting your clothes on the seat. You were still wrapped in a towel, and little droplets of water followed you as you moved. The lights continued to flicker as you went, but you had a one track mind. You needed to know for sure that it was him.
The two of you walked into the lab to see Tony was busy working on a suit and he turned to glare, but it quickly dropped when he saw the lights flickering and your hands shaking. Loki put his hands on your shoulders comfortingly and you took a few steps forward.
"What's wrong?" Tony asked.

"The doctor used his credit card close by" Loki answered for you, since you were at a loss for words and you sat down at your desk. Loki grabbed Bruce's chair from his desk and pulled up beside you and sat down gracefully.
"Y/N, you need to breathe first. Use your exercises" Tony came over and stood behind you. "The computer isn't going to work if the power keeps flickering" he reminded you.
"I am breathing" you were shivering and your phone turned off.
"Not the way we taught you, come along love. Slowly" Loki prompted you as you let out another shockwave of electricity. Tony gave a small groan, but didn't say anything. He started rubbing your shoulder to try to calm you down. You slowly started to calm down, and you focused your mind. You turned on the computer and waited with baited breath.
"I'm okay now" you whispered.
"We aren't leaving" Tony told you with a no nonsense tone. You looked at him, and he gave you a level gaze and you nodded in understanding.

You pulled up the alert to look at the hotel name and address again before you started hacking into their security footage. You saw the doctor, he looked a little haggard, but had that same strut you remembered. You watched carefully as he walked to the front desk and checked in, behind him a woman and a small girl with a pink frilly dress. You felt a pang of regret of what you were about to do.
"Friday," Tony said abruptly. "I want you to find him, use voice and face recognition" he added and he pointed at the large screen on the wall. You looked over to see Friday starting to do your work for you. He had checked into the hotel, and he went to dinner with his wife and daughter shortly after.
"Tony, we can't arrest him with his daughter in the room" you said softly. "That would traumatize her."
"Like he traumatized you?" Loki asked quickly.
"That's besides the point. She's just a kid" you looked at the screen sadly.
"I've got it from here. Missions are canceled for the week. Friday, send the alert to the team. I also want you to send a message to Fury, we found the rat, encoded message only" Tony took over. "Loki, take Y/N to her room and make sure she stays calm. Where's Bucky?" He looked at him quickly.

"Showering, however I'll take care of her until the soldier is back with her" Loki vowed.
"I want to be the one to make the mission docket" you shook your head.
 "Let us take care of you, Cuddle bug. This is one mission, you don't need to be in on" Tony said looking at the screen. "This is a mission for revenge" he said softly.