Love

"Just on time" Bucky grinned from beside Sam when you got to the dining room. "I had a surprise for you, but I have a feeling Loki spilled the beans" he chuckled slightly, taking your hand and pulling you close.
"He just said we have a date, and helped me get ready" you blushed a little and he leaned down to give you a swift and chaste kiss on the lips.
"Good" he pulled back and led you to the table and pulled out your chair. "How was your day?" he asked quickly.
"Stealing my thunder, I wanted to ask that question" Sam quipped and sat down beside you.
"It was alright, I just had therapy" you shrugged. "Doctor Sloan wants me to start focusing on my powers" you whispered.
"And that we shall" Loki went to grab his seat beside Thor.
"You never know, maybe we will be putting you in the field" Tony smirked and you froze up immediately. You knew he was teasing, but that didn't stop the power from flickering. "I'm teasing, you are invaluable in the lab" he tried to calm you down.
"I'm looking forward to being back in the lab, actually. Has Friday been running my programs?" you looked at both Tony and Bruce.
"There's nothing for it to run on. They've gone underground completely" Bruce admitted and started sending the platter of food down.
"I bet I could find another website if you gave me an hour" you gave a grin.
"Of that I have no doubt, but no. For now you need to focus on getting better" Tony shook his head.
"Tony's right, we need you back on your feet before you start working again. We know that can take some time" Steve spoke up.
"It's already taking too much valuable time. What happened on the big mission, I've been dying to know" you sat up a little straighter in your chair.
"The battle was glorious, you would have been proud" Thor perked up, seeming excited to tell you about this. "We were done in three days"
"Oh? I thought it would take five" you mused.
"I cut some corners. I didn't get hurt, but I did go into the field a little bit" Clint grinned. "Are you sure you are okay with some of us leaving the compound for the weekend?"
"Of course I'm sure" you nodded, thinking back to the conversation on Wednesday where you insisted that Scott, Happy, Clint, Peter, and Pietro take their weekend again. "If it was up to me, I'd tell you to go for a week"
"We just feel it's a bit soon, Princessa" Pietro frowned a little bit.
"Everyone else is still here, and it's about time things started getting back to normal around here" you sighed softly.
"I will admit, I was surprised that Bucky wanted to start going on our morning runs again" Steve murmured.
"Yeah, I had that track all to myself until you two started showing up again" Sam chuckled. "Trying to show me up"
"Sam, you are still faster than me," you giggled.
"Did you want to come start going for a morning run with me?" he asked a little hopefully.
"That's still going to be a hard pass. I still don't like mornings, I'm just learning to tolerate them" you rolled your eyes.
"Can't blame a man for trying," Sam chuckled. "I'll admit Tin man has been doing you some good."
"She's the one that's been doing me some good," Bucky grinned, taking a bite of his chicken. "She's the one that insisted that I started on my runs again"
"You are a lot less broody since you two started dating" Wanda grinned from her seat. "How long has it been official?"
"A month and a half" Bucky gave a sly smile. "It would be two months if I had it my way, but I had to wait to ask her to be my girl"
"Three weeks of it I was gone though" you sighed softly.
"You were still my girl during those weeks, and all I wanted was to have my girl back" Bucky sobered up quickly.
"He was on every single mission, hoping to find you" Steve whispered to you.
"It looks like the whole team needs a break" you gave a soft sigh.
"We've been resting up, not to worry" Vision reassured you quickly.
"We've been taking it so easy it almost feels like vacation" Wanda chewed on her pasta thoughtfully. "I'm really looking forward to working with you in the gym next week"
"Wait, we are working in the gym?" you asked, a little shocked.
"That's right sexy legs. You'll be in the gym with the whole team" Sam grinned.
"I don't know if that's such a good idea. I don't even know how to use my abilities" you shook your head.
"We have a mat that has shields on it, not to worry" Loki reassured you.
"Made by yours truly" Tony puffed out his chest a bit.
"Tony is a genius with the shields" Pepper reached up and rubbed Tony's back affectionately.
"I've also been working on the security for the compound, so when we start going on missions again, you are better protected" he advised you quickly.
"He technically started on that while we were still looking for you" Bruce spoke up with a small smile on his face.
"I'm not worried, just next time I'm staying in the panic room" you frowned a little bit. "If I hear a noise, I'm not investigating" you shook your head. You tried to focus on your meal, but you were feeling a little anxious with the memories coming back. The lights above all of you flickered a little bit, but quickly died back down. Bucky reached over and put his hand on your thigh to remind you he was still there for you, and left it there for a few minutes. "I'm okay," you whispered, and he nodded and took his hand back.
For the rest of the meal conversation flowed easily around the table. Loki, Thor, Scott and Clint regaled their big mission to you with Scott even adding in sound effects to your delight. Tony and Rhody added in a few things, but it was mainly the four men talking the entire time. You didn't even have to prompt them for more information, they just seemed to know when you wanted to hear more about a certain scenario. You let out a few giggles when they were explaining how surprised Hydra had been that they had showed up, and how they were taken out so easily. Rhody mentioned that the government was looking for him to return to work, but he also explained he wasn't ready to go back yet. You had a feeling they all were waiting to see if Hydra would make another attempt at kidnapping you again. You were half expecting it as well, if you were going to be honest with yourself. You were determined that you were going to learn more self defense moves next week as well. You didn't want to feel powerless ever again. You were determined it would never happen again.
After the meal, Bucky ran into the kitchen and came out with another picnic basket and a huge grin on his face. You giggled and put your dishes away, before he led you outside to an ATV parked on the grass. Bucky secured the picnic basket to the back and helped you put on your helmet before he jumped on the front and waited for you to jump on behind him.
"Hold me extra tight, sugar. We are in for a bumpy ride" Bucky called back to you and you wrapped your arms around him tightly.