Thanksgiving morning

Waking up in the morning, you did a large stretch and giggled to the feeling of Bucky's scratchy beard on the back of your neck. You turned in his arms and gave him a soft kiss on the lips and you wriggled out of his hold before making a break for the bathroom. You weren't feeling good, but you honestly just kept telling yourself that it was worth it. In the end, you had two little babies you were bringing into the world with the love of your life, and there was nothing that could trump that.
After splashing some cold water on your face, and doing your morning business, you emerged from the bathroom by way of the living room area and headed to the kitchenette to grab a bottle of water out of the fridge. You took a few grateful gulps when you felt two arms wrap themselves around you and two hands came to rest on your lower stomach.
"Good morning, doll" Bucky rested his chin on your shoulder. "Now, where I do love seeing you naked in our suite... Steve and Sam are headed over" he gave your cheek a kiss.
"But I don't feel good," you pouted.
"Sam wants to see you, besides we are celebrating Thanksgiving today" he said and you perked up.
"Mmm... Stuffing and cranberry sauce" you licked your lips.
"And turkey" he nipped at the skin of your neck.
"I'd better go take a shower" you hummed, leaning back into him.
"We have company coming. Go put on your pajamas, and then you can take a shower after breakfast" he gave you another kiss while rubbing his hands in circular motions on your stomach.
"Alright, for you I guess" you giggled and chugged back the rest of the water. Bucky gave your neck another kiss and finally released you. You padded your way over to the recycle bin and put your bottle in and scrunched up your nose as you stood still for a moment.
"What is it baby?" Bucky asked you.
"Nauseated" you said as you brought your hand up and touched your temple. You didn't want to vomit, but you felt like you might.
"Do you need anything?" he asked worriedly.
"I think I'll go take some Gravol and the prenatal vitamins" you mumbled, but he seemed to hear you. "I'll be back out" you looked at him, and smiled softly seeing him in just a pair of polar bear pajama pants and a black t-shirt. He was watching you with a flirty smile on his face.
"You might want to hurry, or else I'm locking the door and taking you back to bed" he warned you and you giggled with a shake of your head. You went back to the bathroom and took your meds before going to the bedroom. You could hear Bucky moving around in the living room and kitchenette as you took your sweet time to get dressed. You put on an orange fox print pajama set and a pair of pink Minnie Disney 100 slippers. There was a knock at the door, but you were sitting on the side of the bed, trying to wait for your stomach to settle.
"Where's those sexy legs at?!" you heard Sam call as soon as the door opened.
"She's coming," Bucky told him. "G'morning" he added with a small growl.
"Good morning" you heard Steve chime as though he was pleased.
"Ooh, coffee!" Sam exclaimed. "She can't drink that" he started to sass Bukcy.
"It's decaf" Bucky was quick to respond. "You're not getting the real caffeine punch here anymore"
"Coffee doesn't work on us anyways" Steve said.
"Works on me, but I'll drink it for her" Sam sighed as though it was a true hardship. You rolled your eyes and forced yourself to stand up, but you stood up too fast and fell backwards onto the bed with a bounce. The bed barely squeaked when Bucky and Steve were suddenly in the bedroom looking panicked.
"Are you okay?" they both asked at the same time.
"I'm fine, I just stood up too fast" you said starting to get up and you found yourself falling off of the bed. Bucky lunged and grabbed you, picking you up swiftly off the bed and carefully held you close to his chest, in his strong arms.
"You're doing too much" he chastised you.
"I'm barely moving. I'm just a little clumsy today" you said with an obvious blush on your cheeks.
"Do we need to go see the doctor?" Steve asked, still standing close to Bucky's side.
"No, I'm just clumsy, remember?" you asked, clearly embarrassed.
"Just say the word, doll" Bucky said as he kissed you on your forehead.
"Baby, I'm okay. Can I have a coffee?" you asked meekly.
"I already made it for you, I'll carry you out though" he replied as he held you tight. He carried you out and you saw Sam was watching with some obvious concern. Bucky set you down on the loveseat, opposite of Sam, and Steve went and sat on the other end of the couch from Sam while Bucky sat down beside you. You saw your coffee was sitting in front of you and you reached for the pink mug and took a sip. You hummed approvingly as it hit your tongue and sighed happily.
"Just what I needed" you smiled at Bucky.
"You're all I need" he winked, smiling back at you. "Alright Sam, I've been tolerating it long enough. Why do you call my girl Sexy Legs?" Bucky asked, turning his attention to Sam. You turned beat red, while Sam burst out laughing.
"You're the first person to bother asking" Sam smirked. "Alright, I'll tell you. Your girl is self conscious of her legs and admitted it to me once. When she first started she would only wear those baggy jeans outside of her room in Compound C, and long dresses for work. When I asked her about it, she admitted it, and I let it go. Then I went to visit her first thing in the morning after we had known each other for a few months and she was wearing just a pair of short shorts and a long t-shirt and I looked her up and down and said "Damn girl! Those are some fine legs! You got some sexy legs mama" he said animatedly. "Her face lit up bright red like it is right now, but she did start wearing shorter dresses and shorts around me. So it must be working" Sam grinned.
"They are a great pair of legs," Bucky quickly agreed. "I really love it when they are wrapped around my..." he continued when you put your hand over his mouth, and he proceeded to lick your hand.
"Yeah, we don't need you to finish that sentence," Steve chuckled.
"She's self conscious about the rest of her body" Sam advised.
"I'll worship it until she stops" Bucky pulled your hand away from his face and smirked devilishly.
"Are you ready for everyone to know your big secret?" Sam asked you, seeming to take on a sober tone. You paused for a moment to really think of the repercussions of the entire team knowing your little secret. You knew they would be even more protective than they already are, and likely be excited for the upcoming occasion, considering their excitement over your pending nuptials.
"I think so," you decided. "I mean, it's probably a better idea to keep it secret for a little bit longer, but I can understand that they have a right to know" you decided. "Besides, Doctor Cho has been chomping at the bit to start writing down her findings and doing a few additional tests. This way it would make sense to have me in her office for longer than a few minutes once she has the go ahead. I also wanted to buy some books for Bucky and I to know what to expect when we are expecting" you explained.
"I think you two are writing your own book. That could be a supersoldier baby in there" Steve pointed out.
"Noted" you sighed and started drinking your coffee a bit more.
"Besides, Tony ordered a bunch of wine and liquor for tonight" Sam sipped his coffee. "He's going to try peer pressuring everyone to drink. He already got some mead from Thor" he added.
"Oh? A drunk Bucky or Steve?" you asked with a giggle. "Ohhh, a drunk Loki!" you exclaimed.
"We are not getting drunk" Bucky shook his head.
"Famous last words" Sam chuckled.
"Why aren't you already at your sister's anyways?" you asked Sam. He gave a small smile and looked down before looking up again and giving a small shrug.
"Sarah is going to come to the family dinner with us, but I did have to promise her and the kids Christmas and New Years. Sarah already agreed to come with me" Sam said while a smile toyed at his lips. If he could blush, you thought he would be.
"Things are getting pretty serious," Bucky teased him.
"Yeah, I'm happy about it. She's been spending more time at my suite, she just starts work early and works a lot of overtime while the hours are available. I do like that when I go to bed, she's usually there waiting. I wanted to tell her about the twins, but I kept it to myself" Sam admitted.
"I wouldn't begrudge you that, silly" you giggled.
"I might," Bucky teased. "Just kidding," he added quickly.
"And Loki is bringing Jack too" Steve advised.
"Really?!" you asked excitedly.
"I was there when he asked Tony for permission" Steve nodded. "Tony told him he had permission to start leaving the compound when he wants now, but Loki just thanked him and hasn't taken advantage yet"
"I wonder why" you pouted.
"I think he takes being your bodyguard very seriously," Steve explained.
All four of your phones went off at the same time, startling the cats. You saw across your screen "Code Red" and you nearly dropped your phone in shock.
"Panic room, now!" Bucky went to grab you, but you moved away just in time and grabbed both Alpine and Aurora in a hurry. Within seconds your door flew open and Loki stood there in his armor holding out his hand as the glint tinted off his golden horns on his wrist bands as the light from the hall hit them.
"Time to go, and time for you gentlemen to suit up" Loki said and you ran to Loki for protection.
"I love you!" you turned and looked at Bucky with a panicked expression on your face.
"I love you with all of my heart, until the end of the line" he ran up and kissed you hard on the lips before pushing you towards Loki as a sign of telling you to go and be safe.
Loki pulled you under his arm and whisked you downstairs, holding out a dagger with one hand, ready to attack anyone if necessary. While the other held you safely and close to his body. Both cats remained perfectly quiet. The compound was unnaturally quiet as you raced to the panic room in hopes of safety not only for yourself but also your babies.