Loki knows

After Bucky left for his Monday mission, you realized that Christmas was coming up quickly, and you had to start your shopping for the holiday. This Thursday coming was Thanksgiving, and you had completely forgotten about it in the mess of things. A review of the mission dockets told you that everyone was still going to be working the entire week regardless, and you saw a note that Thanksgiving would be celebrated on Saturday, and Tony did not want any missions for next week in the early part of the week at least. He wanted to give the team time to wind down and be with their families even though they were working. The whole crux of it was that there was limited staffing on the Hydra bases that you were looking at on Thursday and Friday, so that's when the cluster recons were scheduled. Shield was also going to be in on those missions, and that eased your heart a little bit. You had made the missions for the week relatively small, but with Tony's adjustments, Bucky was going to be gone until Friday night. You didn't think Bucky noticed the change either, and hoped there was enough clothes on the jet for him. You sent him a quick text message and focused on your work.
Around lunch time, you visited Doctor Cho and got the prenatal vitamins and took one immediately before sneaking them up to your room. Tony had spent most of the day checking on you, and using his equipment to check your temperature and ask if you needed a rest. You knew he was also checking Doctor Cho's records, but she had thankfully kept the pregnancy out of the files for now.
Loki visited a few times during the day for the entire week, with cups of tea for you to drink and seemed to almost be fawning over you in a brotherly fashion. This continued on until Friday night, where Loki had come into the lab to get you to leave. You had been texting with Bucky, and he seemed to be doing well, but he wasn't happy about the separation. You on the other hand worked tirelessly on mission data decrypting, and setting up the next week worth of missions. You only started them on Wednesday, so the team had at least a few days to relax. You spent most of your day feeling ill, until Loki brough you his tea, which made you think that he knew and had been taking care of you with magic.
Friday night, while waiting for the teams to come back, you had gone up to your suite and looked outside to see the snow gently falling down from the sky, blanketing the compound in a few inches of snow. You wanted to just lay in bed and wait for Bucky, but Loki had other plans. A knock came at your door and you got up to open it and smiled seeing Loki there.
"Hello kitten, do you have any plans for the evening?" he asked you politely.
"Not that I know of" you stood back, letting him come in.
"I've come to join you and keep you company until the team gets back" he advised you. He made his way to the well stuffed chair and sat down. Aurora jumped up onto his lap and purred loudly and he immediately gave her pats. She purred loudly and rubbed her head against his stomach. He was wearing black jeans, and a dark green sweater, so the white fur stood out in stark contrast to his clothes.
"You didn't change?" you asked, sitting in a pair of sleeping shorts, your Loki t-shirt, and one of Bucky's hoodies.
"No, I chose to wait until I retire to my quarters for the evening. What were you up to before I came in? It better not have been working" he added with a slight warning.
"No, I was watching it snow" you admitted. "I did a bunch of online shopping earlier. By a bunch, I mean probably too much" you giggled.
"I did my fair share as well. Thor should be pleased" Loki smirked. "I wasn't able to get him a pet snake though. Which is a shame, he used to like snakes" he added with a mysterious chuckle.
"Oh I want to hear the story behind that" you said, giving him your full attention.
"As children I used to change into various animals, a snake being one of them, and when he would pet me or pick me up, I would change back and then stab him. It was quite fun" Loki chuckled.
"You stabbed him!?" you asked in shock.
"It was fun" he shrugged. "We are gods, remember" he added quickly. "A small stab wound from a dagger is nothing at the end of the day."
"Poor Thor" you pouted.
"Yes, poor Thor, that used to put his hammer on my lap at dinner when I had to use the restroom until I would nearly burst" he said a little dryly.
"Hmm... well, you are clearly brothers" you rolled your eyes.
"Adopted" he corrected you.
"Regardless" you shrugged. "You are close like brothers would be" you smirked. "Are you going back to Asgard for Yule?" you asked.
"I believe so, mother would be expecting us. It's a shame we cannot bring you with us" he continued to pet Aurora.
"I'm happy here. We will have to celebrate before you go" you sighed.
"We are leaving the day of, so we will celebrate together. We may be gone a few weeks however" he warned you.
"What about Jack?" you asked.
"I warned him already. He said he was going to visit family in Texas for the holiday, so it works well for both of us" he said softly. "Did you want to go back and watch the snow fall from your bedroom again?" he asked.
"No, I'm fine here" you laid back on the couch and rubbed your belly absentmindedly.
"Is it time for more tea?" Loki asked you.
"No, I'm okay for right now. Just anxious" you admitted.
"Then it's time for tea. It's not good for the babies" Loki sat Aurora to the side and stood up.
"How did you know?!" you demanded, sitting up quickly and you went light headed.
"I've known since you conceived. Your aura changed, and since I trained under my mother as well, I know it's twins" he shrugged. "I've been trying to help your symptoms with tea" he added as he went to your kitchenette.
"Why didn't you tell me?" you asked, sitting there in shock.
"I knew you would figure it out eventually. I'm surprised no one else has noticed" he admitted.
"I think Tony might have an idea," you whispered.
"He thought it was a flu. He will realize the truth eventually. When do you plan to tell the team?" he asked.
"Maybe in a couple of weeks" you shrugged.
"I think the team would love to hear the news sooner rather than later. They need to know to protect you even more so now than before, as Hydra would be very interested in a supersoldier baby with abilities" he warned. "But so would Shield" he frowned.
"I'd rather keep my babies safe from all of that" you frowned as well.
"You have my word, no one will touch your children as long as I am around" he vowed.
"I appreciate that Loki" you looked at him lovingly. He really was one of your best friends. You were so glad that he seemed to be happy with Jack, and was also getting passes to finally leave the compound a bit more. He made two cups of tea, and put his hand over one with a green light emitting from it before he handed it to you. You took a sip and smiled happily as he had made it perfectly. "Thank you" you smiled.
"My pleasure" he took his seat again.
"Oh! I forgot stocking stuffers" you took out your phone and eagerly went online to start shopping again.
"I should do so as well" Loki took out his phone and started texting into it.
The two of you sat in silence for a while, looking at your phones and shopping separately. The door to the main hallway had been left slightly ajar, and you could hear people out in the hallway at one point. You heard people coming and going, and laughter as they seemed to be enjoying finally being home.
"Doll?!" you heard Bucky before you saw him. You sat up straight and looked at the door excitedly.
"Baby?!" you called out. The next thing you knew you saw your strong, handsome super soldier come barreling through the door. You noted that he had already gotten rid of his gear, and was only wearing his suit. You jumped up from the couch and met him halfway, jumping up into his arms and wrapping both your arms and legs around him. Your lips met his in a hungry kiss of tongue and teeth. A week had been far too long to be apart. He held you steadily against his body and you hummed into the kiss.
"Fuck I missed you. I love you. I never want to be gone that long again" he pulled back from the kiss and started kissing you all over your face. You giggled and just held him tighter.
"I missed you, I love you, I'm sorry" you kissed him all over his face as well.
"Sam and Steve went to take a shower, but they are coming over" he warned you.
"That's fine, the more the merrier" you cuddled into him.
"I also need a shower," he groaned. You pouted but pulled back, giving him one final kiss on the lips. He slowly set you down.on your feet. "You can join me" he added with a wiggle of his eyebrows and you giggled.
"I think I'll let you get nice and squeaky clean without me this time. Besides, I have company" you pointed out Loki and Bucky didn't look bothered.
"I daresay the shower wouldn't be much of a shower either" Loki pointed out. "Welcome home" he gave a small smile.
"It's good to be home" Bucky sighed happily. "Doll, I thought about you every day. Did you follow orders?" he asked, trying to allude to Doctor Cho's prescription.
"Yes, and Loki has been helping with his tea" you nodded. "He knows," you added softly.
"Before Sam and Steve?" he asked, looking surprised.
"It's about time you both noticed, yes, I've known all along" Loki huffed slightly.
"Thank you for taking care of her" Bucky realized that it was lined up with Loki always bringing you tea.
"Of course. Now off with you to the shower. Sam and Steve will be here soon, and you don't want to keep them waiting" Loki nodded his head regally. Bucky grinned and kissed you again, before he rushed into the bedroom to get a change of clothes before heading to the bathroom.