An exhaustive day

"Is this where I should expect to find you every morning for the week?" Tony came into the lab first thing in the morning. You had taken your bath last night, and barely made it to bed afterwards in complete exhaustion. You woke up at sunrise again from another good dream, and took a quick shower before sneaking downstairs in a sunflower print dress for the day. You had been keen to get an early start, knowing that Friday had continued its assault on the website and the base during the night. You were proud to have found out that they were indeed, scrambling, to get more staff in while worried about an attack. You found several outbound messages asking for additional staffing, however to your surprise it was declined as they were investigating attacks on the bank accounts. You had chuckled darkly at your success, and felt proud of your progress.
"I woke up early again, and wanted to get an early start" you shrugged, and he took in the empty juice bottles and coffee cup again.
"No fruit this morning?" he asked curiously.
"I ate a few peaches, the pits are in the garbage" you admitted.
"Everyone's waiting at breakfast" Tony gestured for you to follow him.
"Just give me a minute" you nodded, going back to looking at the data the teams had brought back from the bases the day before. Things were almost going too well to the plan. You had also heard back from Fury, and he agreed to your request, but asked you to take a look at a file for him. You figured you would do it tonight after you were done with work for the day, on your private computer.
"Fury agreed I see" Tony saw the email up on one of the computer screens, clearly deciding to wait to make sure you made it to breakfast.
"I just have to take a look at a file for him, shouldn't take long" you shrugged. "I'll do it on my own time, like I usually do"
"You can work on it when we get back from breakfast. You are getting paid for the work you are doing" Tony sighed at your stubbornness.
"It's technically not for you," you reminded him. "Therefore it's on my own time"
"It's for the team, therefore I pay you to do it" Tony corrected you. You turned your head to study him for a moment and saw that he was being serious.
"It's your money" you shrugged.
"I know, and I feel like I'm not paying you enough for everything you've been doing" he took in the updated state of mess in the room.
"It's why you should have left me in Compound C. I only messed up my own space that way" you gave a smirk.
"We like having you here, you're not going back" Tony shook his head.
"Good, I like food and the extra living space" you giggled and he watched as you emptied another bank account and started filtering the funds to charities. He looked worried for a moment.
"You are smashing them early" he bit a little at his bottom lip.
"They are panicking, and putting resources into trying to find the money. They won't find it" you spoke confidently. You got Friday to start working on the data again as you stood up.
"I'm glad I'm not on your bad side" Tony put his hand on the small of your back and led you out. "I like the sunflowers by the way"
"I didn't feel like wearing jeans, it's been getting too hot in here" you admitted.
"I'll turn up the AC" Tony promised and led you into the dining room.

"Woman, you have got to be kidding me. Two days in a row?" Sam looked over at Tony leading you in. Bucky looked over and his face broke out into a grin, knowing that you would be taking the empty seat beside him. He had waited out on the balcony last night for you to come out to read like you normally did, but he was disappointed you hadn't. He knew today's mission was a light and easy one, and Steve already promised that they could storm the base as soon as they were able, instead of waiting for a shift change so they could be back in time for supper today. The base was close to home too, which was a huge bonus. He wanted to ask you to go on an icecream date tonight, not wanting to wait until Saturday for the second date anymore. He thought about texting you last night, but thought against it in case you had gone to bed early.
"I had work to do" you sassed him lightly and took the seat between Bucky and Sam. He noticed that you angled your body towards him just a little bit and looked at him from under your eyelashes with a secret smile on your face.
"I thought you weren't a morning person" Bucky leaned in and whispered to you.
"I'm not, but I keep waking up early and I don't want to sleep through breakfast" you flushed a bit, and he licked his lips thinking of how badly he wanted to kiss you this morning. He hadn't gotten to kiss you since Sunday, and now it was Wednesday, and he felt like time was just crawling until he could get his arms around you again.
"I'm sorry I missed out on your training last night" he leaned in a little more, whispering softly so you had to lean in as well.
"Loki used his magic for what he could when I was practicing on him, and I practiced on a dummy and Thor. I went straight for a bath once it was over, my muscles were screaming" you whispered, a small blush on your cheeks.
"I was wondering where you went," he admitted. "I waited out on the balcony for you" he continued to whisper.
"I'm sorry, I thought you went to bed early since you were so late on the mission" you looked at him surprised.
"I have a question for you after" he sat back up to his full height and you looked at him confused for a moment but Sam nudged you and you saw that breakfast was being served around the table. You quickly filled your plate with what you wanted and passed it along to Bucky.
"How are we doing with the website?" Steve asked, since it was his first opportunity to ask.
"Y/N has them scrambling" Tony looked at you with pride in his eyes. "They aren't going to recover from this for a while"
"We are calling her techno hulk" Happy chuckled at the nickname.
"She's using their own systems against them, it's fascinating to watch" Bruce grinned.
"That and my lab is a disaster zone" Tony piped up.
"Don't touch any of it yet, please. I have to finish the team agenda for next week" you warned him.
"We won't," Bruce promised.
"I'm going to put in a few more security protocols on Friday while you do your thing. Work on Fury's request first when we get back" Tony reminded you.
"It's your dime, I don't mind doing it on my own time like I usually do" you shrugged.
"What's Fury's request?" Steve seemed intrigued.
"Kitten has been exchanging favors to get Shields help on some of our bigger missions the last year. Tony and Bruce just found out yesterday" Loki explained.
"Fury doesn't do things for free" Nat piped up.
"It's normally pretty easy stuff, I'm not worried" you shrugged. "It's worth it in the end. It makes sure that you guys have an easier time on your missions."
"You know, we appreciate everything that you do for us princessa" Pietro gave a soft smile.
"It's my pleasure, I love to help out the team" you shrugged, flushing slightly. You concentrated on your food, while Steve asked a few questions from Tony about the upcoming mission and everything that it would entail. Tony kept deferring to you, saying that they had to wait for you to finish with your data first. You didn't say much, you were secretly trying not to look at your phone to monitor Friday's progress. Bucky caught you, and chuckled slightly. Sam just reached over and took your phone, and put it face down on the table with a grumpy look on his face. You rolled your eyes, but didn't touch it again until you were done eating and you had put your dishes away.
"We better head out, I want to be home earlier tonight" Wanda announced and you saw the teams all standing up. Bucky seemed stuck to his chair and contemplative. Everyone but Sam and Steve headed out, and you stood up to go back to the lab, grabbing your cell phone.
"Hey doll, can I talk to you for a minute" Bucky stood up and looked at Sam and Steve who both nodded and walked out of the room. You paused and looked at him expectantly.
"What's wrong, Bucky?" you asked quickly, worried that he was upset that Nat wasn't with him for this mission.
"I was thinking, if we get home early enough, would you be up to going out on a date for some ice cream?" he asked hopefully.
"Of course Bucky, I'd love that" your face lit up and he smiled almost from ear to ear he looked relieved.
"I'd better hurry then" he decided and leaned forward giving you a soft kiss on the cheek and pausing a moment before pulling back. You blushed slightly and smiled at him, biting slightly on your bottom lip. "I'll see you tonight" he promised and hurried out. You waited a moment, and smiled to yourself before rushing back to the lab. You still had the data to finish going over from yesterday, and needed to go over more of Friday's findings.

You ended up spending most of the day on Fury's project, but sent it back to him securing the help for the team. Tony ended up leaving Friday to do the deep dive on the data, and going over the findings for you and sorting it the way you liked it. He seemed to be intuitive to where you had piled everything for the mission files. You did a brief review once you were done with Fury's project, and nodded appreciatively to him. Bruce was working at something on his chemistry station, and you had a feeling it was for next week's mission. He was careful to stay out of your chaotic organized files and folders around the room. You were mentally exhausted, and nearly forgot about your date with Bucky until you walked out of the lab and saw him standing by the table in a pair of black jeans, and a black t-shirt. Sam and Steve looked like they were dressed to go for a jog in sweats and t-shirts. Bucky looked up and smiled as you walked into the room with Tony and Bruce right behind you.
"How did today go?" he asked softly before anyone else could get a word in. You looked around and saw none of the other teams were back yet, but figured they weren't too far out.
"Good, I'm just a little tired" you admitted as you took a seat beside him.
"Not too tired, I hope" he looked at you hopefully and you couldn't help the smile that graced your face.
"Not at all" you batted your eyes at him, and licked your lips before looking around the table. He pulled in his chair a little closer to you and you tried to hide the smile on your face. You loved when he did little things like that. "Are we still on for our date?" you whispered to him.
"It's all he talked about today" Sam spoke up.
"How did things go today, seriously?" Steve looked pointedly at Tony.
"Y/N was busy all day with Fury's project, but she just finished it not that long ago and sent it back. We have Shield backing us on the mission next week for sure now. Friday has replicated Y/N's actions on several of Hydra's smaller websites and bank accounts. We crashed a majority of their servers by the looks of things. They are definitely scrambling. Y/N was right about the virtual assault, they will be too busy taking care of this to notice us attacking the main weapons hub they have. We have Friday programmed to keep running the assault until we get back from the mission. They really won't know what hit them" Tony admitted, looking at you with some kind of fatherly pride.
"They shouldn't have tried hacking my email, computer or phone" you shrugged easily and the rest of the team looked at you a little worriedly. "What? I've done worse" you admitted with flushed cheeks.
"How could you do worse?" Sam asked bluntly.
"That's classified" Tony winced, admitting it out loud. "Honestly and truly classified."
"How classified can you get?" Sam chuckled and you blushed looking away.
"Pentagon classified" Tony looked at you carefully. "Why do you think she ended up on my radar?"
"What did you do?" Sam looked impressed but surprised.
"The redacted version is I don't like bullies. Shield got a lot of shit for it, and Tony offered me a job shortly after" you shrugged. "Fury was trying to do some damage control, and it seemed like the right jump to make. I had to make a few promises before I left"
"Their loss, and our gain" Tony grinned.
"I feel like there is a lot you don't tell me" Sam looked at you with an appraising eye.
"I tell you pretty much everything." You took a bit of your food, looking at him confused. "There's just some stuff I'm legally not allowed to talk about. I wanted to surprise you with the cabin, and the instagram account I didn't think anyone would find that interesting" you admitted.
"I like the last post you had from your date" Pepper spoke up, finding a way finally to get into the conversation. You blushed a little and smiled in her direction.
"Thank you" you smiled shyly, and got a little quiet. You saw Sam kept looking at you curiously.
"Where are you two headed on a date tonight?" Tony broke the silence as you were finishing your meal.
"Ice cream" Bucky cleared his throat after a moment.
"Keep an eye out while you are out tonight. She's made some people very angry" Tony warned. "Would you be okay with it if I sent extra security?"
"I can handle it, I'll bring one of my guns and a few knives, just in case" Bucky shook his head.
"No one is dumb enough to try and take on Bucky" you gave a confident smile. "He's a hero"
"Yes, he is" Steve agreed with you. Tony seemed to hold back on his response and gave a nod. He put his phone away and took Pepper's hand, giving it a small kiss.
"Can I borrow one of the SUV's again?" Bucky asked Tony who nodded quickly.
"We can take my car" you offered quickly.
"I wanted the location to be a surprise" Bucky grinned at you.
"You can drive my car," you shrugged. "I trust you"
"Thank you, doll. I'll be careful with your car" he agreed.
"Orrrrr..." you drew it out and he looked at you curiously.
"Or?" he quirked an eyebrow.
"We could take your motorcycle, I can go get changed" you looked at him from underneath your eyelashes.
"You sure you're okay with that?" He looked pleasantly surprised.
"Just let me go get changed" you stood up and put your plate away. "I'll be back in ten minutes" you winked at him and you saw him flush for a moment. "Thank you for the meal" you called and ran up to your room.