The storm

The team had opted for vehicles in the garage instead of the jets, and Bucky was stoic as he got into the black bulletproof van. The looks of worry were evident on Steve and Sam's faces, while Nat and Clint shared a whispered conversation up front from the driver's and passenger seat. He looked out and saw that Vision, Wanda, and Scott were taking off in another bulletproof SUV. Tony, in his normal fashion, took off to the skies in his suit. Bucky knew that this was it. He was finally going to get sweet revenge on the doctor that had nearly killed you with his experiments. He considered this a personal vendetta. He planned on marrying you someday, and the life that he had been building in his mind for the two of you had no room for the possibility of this monster getting his hands on you again.
He strapped into his seat and double checked his guns not saying a word. His face was a calm mask of indifference, but on the inside he was only full of calculations and anticipation of the hunt. He wasn't sure if he was going to shoot the man and face the consequences, but he knew that then again, he would be disappointing Steve and that was the last thing he wanted to do to his best friend. This wasn't Hydra, he was an Avenger. The itch remained however to just kill the man and be done with it.
"What's on your mind, Buck?" Steve asked as Clint put the van into gear and was leaving the parking lot.
"Just want this over punk. She's suffered enough" Bucky said, his voice had a chill to it.
"As much as I want to, we can't kill him. Remember that" Sam reminded him, watching him with a knowing gaze. Bucky felt slightly ashamed that he had to be reminded, but at the same time a little impressed Sam had read him that easily. .
"Tony wants him alive, but accidents happen" Nat called from the front and Steve looked at her in shock. "What? We are all thinking about it" she shrugged and went to look out the front window again.
"Our orders are alive," Steve reminded the team sternly.
"Yeah, and what if it was your girl?" Bucky asked bitterly. "You didn't see her face when we rescued her. It still haunts my dreams."
"Mine too," Sam whispered softly.
"She's one of my good friends, believe me, I want revenge too. But we have to follow orders" Steve sighed heavily. "Fury is going to see if he has a counter serum in his head to help her."
"He better have one. She's miserable" Sam said quickly. Bucky went back to looking out the window, getting his head into the game. He was ready for this mission.

The city streets started blending together, but he took in every minute detail as Clint drove with precision at an accelerated speed. He looked down at his phone briefly and flashed the lock screen to see your smile facing him. Yes. He was going to do right by you he thought to himself. The drive was mainly quiet as Clint neared the hotel, and Bucky was ready. They saw a small blue car suddenly speed out in front of them, and Bucky knew instinctively it was the doctor. Seconds later they saw Tony go past them following the car, and Bucky swallowed in anticipation. The hunt was on. Clint did a sharp turn and started following the car, while Tony tried to stop the car on his own. Bucky unbuckled himself and moved to the van door and swung it open. The wind whipped into the van, but he was unbothered. He put his vibranium hand on the roof of the van and dug in his fingers before swinging himself onto the top. Clint kept the van steady, and they rolled down the windows slightly so he could grab on with both hands. Now all he had to do was wait for the van to get closer and opportunity to come. Today, he was going to avenge you.

You sat in the panic suite, watching the computer screens from your spot on the couch. With a moment of hesitation, you picked up the converter and turned on the tv screen.
"Friday, play Tony's footage live" you called out to the open room.
"On it Songbird" Friday came back quickly.
The TV lit up with Tony holding onto the roof of a speeding blue car, and you could see the doctor's panic stricken face up on the screen. Your heart started beating a million miles a minute and the electricity in the room started stuttering slightly. Loki looked pained, not wanting to leave his post inside the door, but Happy already knew enough what to do. He pulled on your arm until you slid onto his lap and he wrapped his arms around you. The TV refocused again, and you saw as suddenly Tony looked up as a black van came right beside the car and Bucky in all his glory jumped from the roof of the van onto the car. The van moved slightly away, while Tony continued trying to use his thrusters to slow down the car. Bucky eased down onto his belly and reached into the driver's side window, after shattering it with his fist, and he grabbed the steering wheel and pulled it out of the car. Bucky then held onto the roof of the car as it started moving around erratically before coming to a sudden and quick stop. Tony landed on his feet and held out his hand thruster menacingly. The doctor's face was panic stricken and had a hint of resignation on it as he raised both hands in the air. The van parked beside the car, right in the middle of the road, and Bucky slid off of the roof of the car and onto his feet. He then, gracefully as a cat, moved to the door and pulled the entire door off of the car, and threw it carelessly to the side. The doctor put his hand down and unbuckled his seatbelt. He got out of the car and held his hands up in surrender. Sam, and Steve came onto the screen blocking Bucky from getting any closer, and Sam started frisking the doctor down, taking a gun from the doctor's ankle and handing it back to Bucky. The warning look on Sam's face told you enough. Bucky was trying to hold back.
"What I wouldn't give for sound on this thing" Happy grumbled.
"It would be a lot more satisfying," Pepper quickly agreed.
"My gingersnap didn't even have to get out of the car" Bruce grinned happily.
"There was barely a fight," Loki frowned.
"There's bigger fish to fry" you said, having calmed down remarkably.

"Just not tonight," Bruce shook his head, frowning immediately.

"No, tonight we rest" you quickly agreed. "Now we just need to wait for them to get home."

"With all due respect, Kitten, we are not out of the woods yet" Loki reminded you, and his words ominously filled the room. Even the normally joyful Happy was quiet at that statement.
You watched as Steve put handcuffs on the doctor and they led him to the van, and prompted him to get in. You saw the doctor move his jaw slightly and suddenly Bucky reached past Sam and held the doctor's mouth open with his vibranium hand, and used his flesh hand to fish out the cyanide pill the doctor was about to take. Bucky took it out and threw it on the ground before crushing it with his black tactical boot. The doctor looked defeated, and you felt a sense of pride in Bucky and his actions.

"Well done Bucky" Happy said with a grin.
"That's my man," you giggled, wriggling on Happy's lap.
"Well this is enough excitement for one evening, I'm not used to watching Tony work like this" Pepper admitted.
"I agree, let's turn the tv off" Loki quickly quipped.
"I want to make sure they get him to Shield headquarters. Nick is supposed to be taking him directly to the raft" you mentioned Fury casually.
"Indeed, but turn off the computer and TV for now. Enjoy your cats" Loki reminded you of your two little marshmallows. You turned and saw they were in the bedroom on the bed and you huffed slightly.
"Friday turn on the news for us please" Bruce called out, seeing that Loki was just trying to keep you calm and adjusted to the feeling of being safe again. The TV screen immediately changed and you got off of Happys lap and made your way into the bedroom, with your phone in your back pocket just in case. You got up on the familiar bed and laid back, letting both cats lay on your stomach. You closed your eyes, knowing it was going to be a long night until you had your Bucky in your arms again.

After Bucky had seen the doctor going for the cyanide pill, he was a bit more relieved once it was successfully crushed under his boot.
"You could have warned me" Sam gave him some slight sass.
"That would have been warning the doctor, bird brain" Bucky shook his head.
"Doctor Adam Volkov, you are under arrest and you are heading straight to the raft" Steve said with an authoritative tone.
"Director Fury is going to be having a lot of fun with you, just like you did with our Songbird" Tony said, his smile hidden by his helmet.

"Songbird? How did my experiment work? Is she altered?" the doctor asked with a maniacal grin. Steve tightened his hold on the doctor's handcuffs and led him to the back of the van. "I knew I was a genius," he said with triumph.
"You're a dead man walking Volkov" Bucky said with a warning glare.
"You don't want to make your wife a widow do ya doc?" Sam asked him. "How about that adorable little girl of yours? Does she know what you do to animals and to people?"
"Leave them out of this!" he yelled, his spittle spraying in the van.
"We aren't Hydra" Nat said from the front of the van and turned around to look at him with a roll of her eyes. "You aren't much, are you?" she asked with a slight smirk.
"Looks like a lab rat, and not the good kind like Bruce and Songbird" Clint chimed in.

"Yeah, like one of those ones that experiments on himself" Sam said as he got back into his seat, watching the doctor closely. Steve put the doctor into his seat and strapped him in while Bucky got in the van and chained the doctor's feet just in case.
 "Hydra will avenge me" Doctor Volkov said as though he was so sure of himself.
"The only thing Hydra is going to do for you, is write you off as another lost agent" Nat turned in her seat and faced towards the front window.
 "I know your code words winter soldier" the doctor said to him. "Shall I remind you?"
"You can try, but the only thing you'll be doing is putting yourself in an early grave. Those words have no power over me anymore, just like Hydra. I'm a better man for it now. Too bad that's something you'll never experience" Bucky said with pride. "Your family deserved better," he added quickly.