New Home

You found out Monday morning that Tony moved the mission times and everyone was already gone with the exception of Bruce, Happy and Pepper. Happy and Pepper worked at Stark Industries during the day, so Bruce was alone in the compound. You sighed heavily reading that text from Bruce while you were eating breakfast and realized you had done this to the poor man. You made sure Aurora was comfortable and you made your way to the main compound, knowing you would be doing this for the entire week. Bruce was a good companion to have in the lab, and let you play your country love songs the entire week. You barely stopped to eat lunch, and Bruce caught onto this after the first day and started bringing you in a sandwich to eat with some fruit when he came back from his lunch break. Bucky, Sam, and Steve sent you lots of pictures from Paris. You figured Steve got your number from someone somehow, but you didn't mind. You found Bucky was trying to make conversation when he wasn't busy. It would always be around the same time that Sam would do his daily check in. You found yourself getting to know Bucky a bit more, and he was really sweet. He even took pictures of flowers to send back to you. You would stop working long enough to respond and found yourself looking forward to the text messages. You even found yourself staying up later and later to answer them. It got to the point that Sam would text you and tell you to go to sleep by Thursday night. You had involuntarily blushed realizing you got caught talking to Bucky so late every night. You did wake up Friday morning with a new photo of the sunrise from Paris and it made you smile. You could tell the boys had been spending their nights in the jet.
When you woke up Friday you made sure Aurora was comfortable and made your way to the compound after breakfast. You were surprised to see that Loki and Thor were both back from their mission and said hello to you as you hurried to the lab.
"Good morning Sunshine" Bruce called to you as you hurried into the lab. He already had your music playing and you automatically relaxed.
"You have me spoiled" you giggled as you made your way to your desk.
"We got you something as a welcome to your new home present" he came over and handed you a box. "Nat and I talked about it, and it's something you wouldn't buy yourself" he admitted shyly.
"Bruce... you two didn't have to do this" your face lit up and you opened the box to see a pair of pink noise canceling headphones. "These look expensive" you mused.
"It will help drown out Tony's music and chatter when you feel overwhelmed. I use the same ones" he gave a smile.
"In pink?" you giggled.
"Purple" he pointed to his desk and you saw them laying there.
"Thank you" you stood up and gave him a hug.
"We got a delivery of new data. Loki and Thor made it back last night" he stood back after a moment.
"I'm looking forward to it. Their mission was from the new project" you gave a smile and started logging into your systems.
"I have to admit, you've really come through for the team on all these missions" Bruce spoke softly.
"I love what I do" you spared him a smile, and started singing to the song "Tequila" by Dan and Shay.
"It's going to be nice having you around more" Bruce headed to his station. "I will miss you singing when Tony gets back" he admitted. "You really are like our own little ray of Sunshine" he chuckled as you started dancing a little in your chair.
"I love you too Bruce" you smiled at him warmly.

You started working on the data and were really into it when you noticed someone was trying to get your attention. You looked up to see Loki standing outside the office with Aurora. You got up quickly and opened the door looking at him curiously and holding your hands out for your kitty.
"She's been yowling in your room for over two hours. I thought you would appreciate it if I brought her to you instead. They are still moving in your things" Loki gave a small smile.
"Thank you Loki" you gave a shy smile.
"My pleasure. It's almost lunch time, will you be joining us?" he asked curiously.
"I'm in the middle of..." you started to reply and felt a hand on your shoulder.
"You might as well join us, it's going to be your new normal" Bruce gave a kind smile. You nodded, not knowing what else to say and gave a nod. You went and put Aurora on your desk and suddenly a white cat slipped in the doors that was larger than her and jumped up on the desk to sniff her.
"That would be Alpine. He's been mainly on the upper floors in Bucky's room all week" Bruce introduced.
"What a handsome boy" you reached out to pet him and were rewarded with a loud purr. He started to groom Aurora and you weren't worried anymore. "Normally cats hiss at a new cat" you observed.
"Alpine is a therapy cat, he rarely hisses" Bruce let you know softly.
"Come along Kitten, Thor has an appetite after our mission" Loki guided you out of the lab with Bruce right behind you. You were used to this nickname from him, since he saw you bristle once when he was watching your screens while you were trying to concentrate. He hadn't stopped calling you by anything other than Kitten in eight months.

Thor was in good spirits at lunch and went into several details of their mission with Loki adding some of his own escapades while they were working. You smiled but really felt out of place sitting in the main compound to eat. Bruce seemed to notice this and tried to pull you into conversation. You gave a small smile but couldn't bring yourself to feel comfortable enough to talk. The food was exceptional however. You couldn't look down your nose at that.
"Do you cook, lady Y/N?" Thor suddenly asked out of the blue.
"I used to enjoy cooking, yes. But since I started working here I haven't had a kitchen" you admitted.
"We all sometimes take over the kitchen and cook. Wanda makes a wonderful Paprikash" Bruce chimed in. "Sam makes great seafood pasta" he added.
"He brought me some as a treat once. It was really good" you flushed shyly.
"We are all looking forward to having you here with us at the compound now. Despite your misgivings, we all enjoy your company and want you here. You do not take up too much space" Loki looked you in the eyes.
"You aren't supposed to be going in my mind" you blushed.
"But it's so fascinating the way you think" Loki chuckled.
"It's all Tony's talked about when he was here. Did you want to see your new quarters?" Thor gave an easy smile.
"Sure, but only quickly. I was really getting into the data" you nodded, having no point to argue. You brought your plate into the kitchen and started to load the dishwasher when Bruce stopped you.
"Tony has someone that comes in for that" he reminded you and you nodded. He started to lead the way out and you both followed Thor and Loki up a set of stairs to the living quarters. You saw a long hallway with doors on either side, and you were the first to the right.
"Sam is across from you, and then Bucky is next door. Steve is next to Sam... you'll get to know where everyone is" Bruce said kindly as Thor opened your bedroom door. The first thing you saw was a living room with new couches, and chairs that looked incredibly comfortable. There were floor to ceiling bookshelves along one wall, already half filled with the books from your old place. You now have room for more. You saw an expensive looking mahogany table set with lamps for your end table and coffee table. Your furniture was all a Robin's egg blue and looked like leather. You saw they put your mini fridge beside the TV stand, where they put some of your blu rays away. The TV took up a large portion of the wall. You walked in further and saw two doors. You opened one and saw a large bathroom painted in pink and all of your toiletries were already there and put away. There was a large stand up shower, a double sink and a large soaker tub for you to take a bath. Even the toilet looked fancy in there. There was lots of cupboard space, and when you opened the cupboard you saw fluffy pink and white towels waiting for you. You saw a second door in the bathroom and opened it to find yourself in a large bedroom with a king sized bed, the walls painted a moss green color, with a matching comforter set and four large fluffy pillows. You saw a walk in closet where all of your clothes were already put away, and a dresser fit inside. The entire back wall was just windows with blinds, but they were open. You saw you had a large balcony with a porch swing just outside your door. When you walked out you were taken away by the view and let your jaw drop a bit. You looked down and saw you could see for miles, and the balcony was attached to the rest of the people on your floor. It looked like it wrapped around the building.
"Do you like it?" Thor asked expectantly.
"This is amazing" you whispered. "It feels like too much" you started to doubt you should be here. Your last apartment was the size of your new bedroom.
"Like it or not, you're an important part of the team. We've been waiting a long time for this" Bruce put his arm around you.
"This is true. We were waiting for a long time to bring it up but you would never come to visit" Loki smirked at you.
"I still have to go to my place to get my car..." you trailed off.
"This is your place now, and I already drove it over" Loki chuckled.
"You didn't have my keys" you looked at him confused.
"My dear Kitten, I use magic for most things. Your car was easy" he chuckled again.
"Come on, I can tell this is a little overwhelming for you. Let's get you back to the lab" Bruce smiled kindly and you nodded. Thor and Loki followed you both out and headed to their own rooms while Bruce led you back to the lab.