Epilogue

"James!" you called to Bucky who was standing by the bar-b-que outside making some steaks for supper. You no longer lived at the compound, however now lived full time at the cabin, working remotely, and Bucky had finally decided to retire and live a family life. He was a full time dad and husband, and barely let you lift a finger. With all of his savings over the years, you were set for life between the two of you. You just didn't have it in you to quit working with the Avengers yet. The two of you had been married for over a year now with little Grant Barnes and Rebecca Rose Barnes taking up most of your time. Today was their second birthday, and you were excited because the entire team had shown up. Sam, Loki, Steve, and Sarah had been at the cabin since yesterday to help get the house prepared.
Aurora did end up having her kittens. Three to be exact, and one went to Sam, one to Steve, and one to Loki. They were all white, just like their parents, with big blue eyes. Tony and Pepper were watching them while they had come out to the cabin for a night, since they all still lived at the compound. Although they made frequent visits, and you had to make quite a few work trips back to the compound every month. It was hard, but it worked. You didn't want to be far away from your babies and miss even a moment with them.
Both Grant and Rebecca did end up being strong for babies, and having their father's dark hair and blue eyes, which was perfect in your opinion. They not only proved to be the first natural born super soldiers, but they also had electricity abilities. Something their uncle Thor highly approved of, and spent his spare time working with them to learn how to not use it as much when they were upset. They are only years old, so they didn't quite understand yet.
"Yes, doll?" Bucky asked you with a large smile on his face. You were wearing a one piece powder blue swimsuit with a long pink wrap for a skirt, since it was technically a pool party. Both Grant and Rebecca loved going into the kiddie pool, which is where they were right now with their uncle Steve in his red swim shorts. You had a large full size inground pool now in the backyard that Bucky maintained every day, with a hot tub to the side. Both of you had taken advantage of them especially when the twins were sleeping to go skinny dipping and to make love under the stars. Both babies were morning people, something they definitely did not get from you. Bucky was always up already and had them fed and cleaned for the day by the time you rolled out of bed. He had been a little put out that you didn't wake him every time the babies were hungry when you were still breastfeeding, but he barely missed a moment since.
You had both been present for their first steps, their first words, their first everything. Their first words had been mama, and you knew it was because Bucky had said that word to them the most. You had tried to say dada as much as possible, but when you were working, you had no control over what they heard.
"Everyone should be here soon" you smiled at him, and he smiled happily at you as he puckered his lips expectantly for a kiss. You closed the distance between the two of you and kissed him softly on the lips. He growled and wrapped his arms around you and dipped you back and deepened the kiss and you giggled. His lust for you never waned. He wanted you every day, the same way he had wanted you when you were dating. If anything he had gotten worse. Once he put you back on your feet again, he kissed you on the tip of your nose and grinned proudly.
"Steaks are almost ready," he promised.
"And the food is all ready" you nodded. "Auntie Wanda and Auntie Natasha picked up the cake since they are on their way. Bruce texted me that they are on their way. He also sent a picture of Vision holding the really large box. Did it have to be a three tier cake?" you giggled.
"Only the best for our babies" he said with a wink. "You should be letting me put another one in you" he touched your stomach and you giggled thinking that he really had no idea.
"About that..." you trailed off and Sam came out in his swimming trunks with Sarah beside him.
"What are you two up to? We want to hit the pool" Sam sighed.
"Go to the pool! Bring Loki with you. He's been so sad that Jack had to go home for his grandma's funeral and told him to stay for the twins' birthday," you made a shooing motion with your hands.
"I'll go grab Loki" Sarah ran back into the house.
"About what?" Bucky asked you while Sam crossed his arms and was watching you expectantly.
"Don't worry about it" you gave a smile and faltered slightly. You wanted to tell him so badly since Doctor Cho had confirmed the results yesterday when you visited the compound. But when you had gotten home, everyone was already there. And when you went to bed, Bucky had other ideas and talking was not on his mind. "I'm going to go make sure Morgan's favorite cartoon is on" you went back into the house, leaving Sam with Bucky.
"You are getting a belly" Sam quipped to Bucky who was standing shirtless by the bar-b-que. "You're going soft," he added. You could hear them as you turned on the tv and you stood just inside the door to eavesdrop.
"Y/N doesn't seem to mind it" Bucky shrugged. "That's all that matters. I'm no assassin or avenger anymore. I'm just a husband and a dad" he added with pride.
"Yeah, you make a pretty good one," Sam nodded with approval. Sam had been your man of honor in the wedding, while Steve had been Bucky's best man. Sam had jazzed up the wedding and threw flower petals as he walked down the aisle and danced, really taking on the role. Loki had also been on your side at the wedding, wearing an emerald green dress and officially the only female in the bridal party besides yourself.
"Y/N, I can practically smell you and your perfume" Bucky called you out and you came out with a shy smile.
"I just wanted to make sure you boys were still getting along" you walked over and Bucky finished plating the last of the steaks he had made. He turned off the grill and cleaned it while Sarah and Loki ran past the three of you and jumped in the pool. Sam quickly turned away and ran to join them. You took the steaks and brought them inside to put with the rest of the buffet that had already been made for the day.
Bucky came into the house a moment later and walked up behind you before wrapping his arms around you and kissing you on the side of your neck and nuzzling in. You giggled, but relaxed in his hold, closing your eyes and sighing softly to yourself.
"What were you going to tell me baby?" he asked, a soft whisper.
"It can wait," you said a little breathlessly.
"Come on, a hint" he nipped at the skin and you giggled.
"Let's go for a walk" you looked outside to see everyone seemed to be having a good time. You knew the rest of your company was coming soon, but you couldn't help but want a few extra moments alone with your hopelessly devoted husband.
"I'll walk, you direct" Bucky leaned down and picked you up off of your feet and carried you like you were a new bride all over again. You squealed and wrapped your arms around his shoulders. He still always took the time to make you feel like you were the only woman in the world to him, something you loved about him.
"Can we go to the rose garden you made for me?" you asked him.
"It would be my honor" he nodded and he paid close attention as he walked out front to where there was indeed a rose garden of multiple varieties, that he had indeed also taken care of and carefully planned out before the wedding. It was just before the twins were born and you were on bedrest. He had gone outside constantly for two days to plant nothing but roses and bushes with your swing in the center of it. It gave you a fantastic view of the lake that you sometimes went fishing at, or took the boat out to enjoy the sun properly on the weekends.
He carried you slowly, seeming not to be in a rush at all. He knew the babies were in good hands, and you had a first hand view if and when the guests would arrive. For the amount they visited you had once joked you might as well build a mansion and be done with it so they all had their own rooms.
He got to the swing and sat down and kept you firmly on his lap and he started rocking you slowly back and forth. You moved on the swing and put your knees on either side of his thighs, placing his face between the palms of your hands.
"What is it baby?" he asked with a questioning gaze.
"I just love you so much" you smiled at him adoringly. "I hope you know that," you added.
"I'll love you even beyond death" he vowed, and you knew it was true.
"I'll love you from the great beyond too" you whispered, biting your bottom lip. You had tears spring to your eyes thinking life really was too short for your liking. It was like there was always one thing after another, but at least with Bucky, things were far more manageable.
"Tell me what's going on doll, you've got me worried" Bucky prompted.
"Promise me that nothing will ever change" you pleaded with him and he nodded solemnly.
"I promise" he swore.
"And that if I start driving you crazy, you'll always work it out with me" you asked.
"Is Tony sending you off somewhere to work?" he asked deadpanned, looking ready to murder someone. "Our agreement was that you stayed close to home. It's bad enough I lose sight of you a few times a week to the damn compound," he growled.
"No baby, it's not that" you shook your head. "It's just, we need to renovate the house again" you broke out into a soft smile.
"What did you want to renovate?" he asked, a little confused.
"We need another nursery" you giggled and his face broke out into a relieved smile, before turning into a smile of complete and utter joy.
"We did it?" he asked.
"Again" you nodded, reaching into your bathing suit top and pulling out the small picture you had hidden there under the material. You unfolded the picture to show another two little beans on the black and white photograph. "Twins again" you giggled.
"Damn, we are going to have to remodel the whole house" he looked at the picture with tears in his eyes. "Best fucking day ever" he added, taking the picture and looking at it. He then placed it on the swing beside him and pressed his lips against your own hungrily and swiping his tongue across your lips like he had done over a hundred times. You let him deepen the kiss and moaned happily against him. "I'll talk to Tony and we will move back to the compound temporarily until the renovations are over. We will add a third floor, make sure there's room for the next pregnancy too" he said against your lips. "I love you so much, doll" he said happily and with excitement.
"I'll always love you too, Bucky" you smiled at him.