Fury's data

Waking up Tuesday morning, you yawned and looked around a little groggily, slightly surprised at the weight on your body. To your surprise Bucky was holding you tightly even in his sleep, his tactical outfit still on, with the exception of his boots. Both Alpine and Aurora were laying on your side where Bucky wasn't holding you and purring loudly. You took a moment to process your thoughts, and felt only relief. You were safe from the doctor now, but your mission was not done. Hydra was still feeling a little too comfortable since you were taken, and although the team had taken down two major bases, there were even more that needed to be taken care of.
You knew Tony had said that the missions were canceled for the week, but you couldn't help but think that was a bit of overkill and wanted him to revisit his decision. You needed the data, and it wasn't like you would be alone in the compound at any point in time. You huffed slightly and wished momentarily that you could reach your phone, but you remembered you had left in the living room last night when Bucky carried you to bed.
"Penny for your thoughts, doll?" Bucky's voice vibrated through your body from behind you and you yelped slightly, completely unaware that he had been awake.
"How long have you been awake?" you asked, your voice raspy.
"I didn't sleep," he admitted a little shyly. "I was too scared they were going to try to take you again while we slept."
"Baby, you need your sleep" you sighed heavily and tried to move out of his grasp.
"I need you more" he gave a soft whine and pulled you in even more if that was possible.
"You have me" you wriggled and turned in his arms, dislodging both cats who just moved to the other side of the bed. You could see the bags under his eyes, a clear sign of sleep deprivation. You moved your face forward and gave him a soft kiss on the lips of which he hummed happily for. "Now you need to get some sleep" you pulled back slightly, and kissed him on the tip of his nose.
"I can't, it's almost breakfast" he shook his head in defiance.
"You can, it can't be that close to breakfast" you pulled back, but his iron grip held you close. "Baby, I need to pee," you bit your bottom lip. He sighed and finally released his hold on you. You slipped out of bed and hurried to the bathroom to do your business. You could still smell the chlorine in your hair and scrunched your nose, turning on the shower after you were done washing your hands.
"Baby?" Bucky said from just outside the door.
"I just need a quick shower before I ruin my hair" you called out.
"Okay, I'll lay back down," he said, sounding a little defeated. You gave a small smile and quickly undressed before jumping in the shower. You took the time to thoroughly wash your hair and skin, and you got out again. You could hear talking coming from the living room, and were a little curious as you wrapped a towel around yourself. You took the time to brush your hair, and do your morning routine before heading to the bedroom. You saw Bucky wasn't in the room, and the bedroom door was closed, so you went into the closet and grabbed a pair of acid wash jeans, and your falcon t-shirt and put them on, on top of a red satin combo. You saw the bed was already made, and suddenly the smell of fresh coffee invaded your senses and you had a feeling you knew exactly who was on the other side of that door.
You opened the door to the living room only to see Steve and Sam sitting in the living room with Bucky. Bucky had the loveseat with two cups of coffee in front of him on the coffee table, while Steve and Sam had the long couch with a cup of coffee each. You smiled and they immediately stopped talking as you entered the room.
"Well look who's up looking so fine this morning" Sam gave a broad smile. "Hell yeah, wearing my logo like it ain't nobody's business."
"I have so many to wear now" you grinned as you headed over towards Bucky. You started to sit down beside him but he grabbed you and you ended up on his lap instead. He chuckled but gave a proud smile. You got yourself comfortable and reached for your coffee and took a sip. Bucky wrapped his hands around either side of your hips and held you steady.
"What's on your mind, sugar?" Bucky asked you for the second time this morning.
"I don't think that all the missions should be canceled for the week" you said, anticipating a bit of a fight.
"What?!" Bucky responded quickly in surprise.
"Come on, Cuddlebug, you know we..." Sam started when you held up your hand to quiet them.
"I agree," Steve said after a moment. "I talked to Tony about it this morning over text," he admitted. "Tony wanted to see how you would feel about it," he added after a brief hesitation.
"And you were going to bring this up when?" Bucky shot at him immediately.
"Breakfast" Steve grimaced slightly.
"No, I don't think this is a good idea" Sam shook his head.
"Both you and Bucky are not looking at the bigger picture. We need the data. Hydra is going to get too comfortable, and then where will we be?" you rolled your eyes.
"Baby doll..." Bucky sighed heavily from behind you.
"You know I'm right" you turned slightly on his lap to look him in the eyes and he had a pained look on his face.
"Fine" Bucky heaved a sigh.
"Just like that?" Sam asked, and you looked at Sam with a smirk toying at your lips. You gave him a level gaze and he sipped his coffee and gazed back. Neither of you broke eye contact for a few minutes until he sighed as well. "Fine, but I don't like it" Sam sat back, finally looking away. You did a small victory dance, and finished drinking your coffee. Steve only smirked and blew a breath out of his nose in response to how easily you had won both men over.

Surprisingly a lot of the team did not like the sound of going back to missions so quickly, but Tony and Steve subdued them after you spoke your case on how you felt. They came to an agreement that Loki would stay on site since he was the bodyguard, and the rest of the team would resume their duties tomorrow. You felt satisfied with the outcome, realizing you now didn't have to reschedule your training on your abilities. You went to your office for the day, while the rest of the team went for training. You found more requests from Fury, that Tony just put on the top of your to do list, and he went to work more on some new suits he was building. Bruce was working on a science experiment at his station. It was your day for music, so you happily enjoyed playing your music and singing along to it.
You left the room briefly for lunch, and for supper Bruce pulled your chair away from your desk while Tony just saved what you were working on and shut your station down. You pouted slightly, but you knew enough that they just wanted you to come to meals and stop overworking yourself like you used to before. You were more interested in the data that Fury had sent you than anything. He had sent a few field teams to look at some of the clusters, and they had come back with encrypted files that you had been working on. You had noticed they were building a mission for an attack, but you weren't sure where or why yet. You only knew that one was going to happen so far. Everything was so heavily encrypted you just needed more time, and maybe a few energy drinks or coffee.
You made your way to the dining room, deep in thought about the data you were decrypting and just wanting another shot at it. It seemed really important, and you didn't want to miss an opportunity to ruin Hydra's plans. Especially when in your gut, you had a feeling they were targeting the team. You sat down across from Bruce who hadn't missed the look on your face.
"What is it, Sunshine?" he asked softly.
"I shouldn't be taking a break from the data" you whispered to him, while Tony sat down closeby at the head of the table.
"Cuddlebug, you can't stay in front of a computer all the time" Tony rolled his eyes, looking down at the nearly empty table.
"But the data is about an attack, and until I'm done decrypting the data, we don't know who the attack is against" you whispered loudly. Tony took a moment to take that in while Bruce looked shocked.
"Is this confirmed?" Tony asked, whipping out his phone.
"Look at what I've decrypted so far" you gave him an imploring look. He took a while to look and a deep frown started to ingrain itself into his forehead and the rest of his face.
"Hey doll" Bucky came in with Steve and Sam behind him. "What's with the serious faces?" he asked innocently. You looked at Tony, and noticed from the corner of your eye Bruce was doing the same thing.
"We ran into a snafu today while we were working. We are headed back to the lab after supper" Tony easily lied, but the only one that seemed to catch onto it was Steve.
"Really? But you normally call it quits at the end of the day" Bucky said, a little confused.
"Yeah, and you did stop extra hours for our cuddle bug" Sam added quickly.
"A few things came up, it's been a busy day" Tony said, and it was obvious that his word was final.
"I'd like to come in and do our meeting after supper" Steve wasn't letting it go. He knew enough that something was going on. "The one we scheduled last week" he added a quick lie.
"Yeah, sure" Tony agreed quickly, knowing that Steve needed to be appraised anyway.
"You'll be up to come to bed, right?" Bucky asked as he sat down beside you, leaning over to give you a kiss on the cheek.
"Of course my love, I wouldn't have it any other way" you cooed to him, regardless of the steady anxiety building in your stomach. The lights flickered a few times but you did your breathing exercises to calm it down.
"You okay?" Bucky asked, seeming genuinely worried.
"Of course baby, just worried I won't get to have a cup of hot chocolate with you before bed" you gave a quick smile and leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek.
"I'll wait up for you" Bucky promised, turning his face so you would kiss him on the lips. You looked at him with his sweet smile and nearly clueless attitude and felt badly for holding back on telling him the full truth, but you didn't want to worry him again. You could be looking at very old data for all you knew. You needed to finish sifting through it to know for sure.
"I'll keep him company, since Steve is going to be in meetings again" Sam promised.
"Thank you Sam" you flashed a brilliant smile and relaxed slightly.