Cuddle time

When you got back to the compound you immediately jumped out to stretch a little. Sam's car needed more leg room for sure, and you intended to tell him as much.
"I'll get your bags" Bucky announced and went to the trunk. You came around and grabbed your fruits before following Sam and Steve in, with Bucky behind you.
"Thank you" you looked over your shoulder at him and he grinned again with a nod.
As you got to your room you just kicked open the door a bit since you had left it open a crack for Aurora and saw she was laying on the couch with Alpine again. You set down your groceries and purse and Bucky put your bags on the couch. You immediately went and changed the roses in your vase out, giving it some fresh water and put it back on your TV stand.
"I'm just going to get my book" Bucky let you know and you gave him a smile and a nod before setting about putting all your new fruits in the fridge. You moved quickly to putting the books away as well when Bucky came back in. "Looks like Alpine is really making himself at home here" he grinned at you.
"He's a good boy. He's welcome here anytime" you shrugged. "Aurora seems to like the company" you added.
"At least if I can't find him, I know where to look" he went over and pet them both and you heard purrs fill the room. "Are you ready?" he asked as you put the last book away. You gave a quick nod and grabbed your book out of your purse nervously and he led the way out slowly.

He led you down the stairs and started pointing out what each door led to like the gym or the pool, even the medical lab that you knew Doctor Cho took over sometimes. He led you past the lab, the kitchen and dining room as well as the living room towards a back door and you couldn't help but smile as you saw the garden you had only heard about. There were a lot of flowers and hedges and you saw the spot that Bucky had spoken about. There was a large pool with loungers all around it, a few picnic tables, a small fire pit with a few benches surrounding it, and right by two rose bushes and a hedge was a swing made for three. Bucky walked right over to it, and tapped the spot beside him. You bit your bottom lip and his eyes lit up as you walked closer.
"Are you sure about volunteering?" you asked him, hesitating for a moment, standing in front of him unsurely.
"Doll, I'm sure. I wouldn't have put in this much effort to make sure you didn't get dragged back into work" he gave his flirty smile and you sat down timidly. He immediately put his arm around you and pulled you in closer. You sighed happily, taking in his pine scent and leaned more into him, putting your feet up beside you. Bucky smirked at you, seeming proud of himself and opened his book, and you opened yours. Try as you might, you could barely concentrate on the words on the page in front of you. You were distracted by the feeling of his fingers dancing along your arm as he rubbed circles into the skin. You forced yourself to focus, and tried to block out anything that wasn't your book, but you could barely do that much. You love the feeling of his hand on your skin, such a simple thing. You read a few pages, but kept finding yourself getting swept back into the moment and the sensations in your body. You were being swarmed by butterflies on the inside. You finally put your book down a little to look around again. It was a beautiful spot, you had to give it that. You felt the swing start to rock just a little bit, and closed your eyes, just enjoying the feeling. You nuzzled your head more against Bucky's chest and started humming to one of your love songs stuck in your head and went back to reading again.
"What song is that?" Bucky whispered into the top of your head.
"Once in a lifetime by Landon Austin. I love it" you gave a secret smile.
"I'll have to look it up. It sounds pretty" he spoke so softly you almost missed it. You curled more into him, and nuzzled in as much as you could, starting to read again. You felt his arm move suddenly as you were reading and he took out his phone. You suddenly heard the song you were humming playing and you blushed slightly as he rested his arm on you again. He set his book down and seemed to really be listening to it. You hummed to the tune and put your book down thinking it reminded you of Bucky. It was like a once in a lifetime shot to meet him.