Sam's night

The rest of girls' night had gone fairly uneventfully. Wanda finished braiding your hair, then mischievously moved onto Loki who didn't seem to mind the attention. She even sat on the floor in front of her recently vacated chair, while Wanda took her spot, and she continued with her task of playing with hair. Natasha had tapped the spot beside her, and you moved over to cuddle into her for the night. You received a few text messages from Sam and Bucky checking in on you, but you only sent them a picture of Wanda braiding Loki's hair in response. It was a cute sight to behold.
When they left for the night, Loki took a moment to put the spell on your bedroom again, and you gave her a hug in response. She held you close for a moment before she pulled back and quickly left. You had no choice but to text Bucky and Sam once all the girls were gone, and they came into the room within minutes with Steve in tow who looked a little shy about being brought in. Bucky didn't waste time, but went directly to you and pulled you into a warm hug.
"Silly, it was a girls night" you whispered to him as Steve and Sam took a seat on your couches.
"It was too long," Bucky grumbled slightly before pulling back. "Who took all my cuddles?" he asked in a teasing tone.
"Nat did" you pulled back from the hug, but he only rested his hands on your hips and held you close.
"Someone is feeling cuddly tonight," you giggled.
"Two hours was too long," Bucky whispered into the shell of your ear.
"None of that," Sam called over, feeling a little over protective.
"Let's sit on the couch" you stepped away, and led Bucky to the couch. He sat down quickly and grabbed you as you started to sit, and he pulled you onto his lap. You let out a yelp of surprise, but wrapped your arms around his shoulders, and automatically snuggled in.
"How are you handling everything?" Steve asked after a few moments of silence.
"I think I'm doing okay. I keep remembering what happened and it makes me a little anxious, but I feel safe here now. I know the data says I'm safe, so I keep using logic to remind myself that I'm okay. Besides, no one is on missions, so it's easier to remind myself that I'm okay" you said softly, trying not to think of anything negative.
"You know we are going to have to eventually start going on missions again" Sam reminded you.
"I should be fine. I know eventually I'm going to start going on my Sunday walks again too" you nodded and the three men fell silent.
"Maybe not too soon for that," Bucky whispered, looking honestly worried. "They know what you look like"
"I won't be going alone" you shook your head. "I expect the three of you and Loki would be joining me," you added.
"Damn right," Sam nodded a little enthusiastically. "Just no going out alone" he seemed concerned still.
"I don't plan on it" you promised, nuzzling more into Bucky's neck. You closed your eyes, just enjoying the moment.
"You look tired," Bucky observed.
"I slept a lot today" you responded with your eyes closed.
"You must need it," Steve replied wisely.
"Tony and Bruce's testing seems to take a lot out of me for some reason" you frowned, opening your eyes.
"It's still new, you'll get used to it" Steve gave a soft smile.
"I don't want to get used to it, to be honest. I just want it to go away" you frowned.
"Maybe Tony and Bruce can find a way to help you" Sam thought outloud.
"They said it changed my D.N.A" you huffed slightly, moving slightly in Bucky's lap. He pulled you in a bit tighter to his body, and kissed you on top of your head.
"They are two of the smartest men in the world, I'm sure they can do something" Sam reassured you. You hummed in response, and just enjoyed your cuddle with Bucky. You reached back and started pulling at the braid, it was a bit tight for your liking. Bucky took his arms off of you and started helping you with your braid, taking out the elastic first. He slowly unbraided the braid for you, and then ran his fingers through your hair. You took the elastic and put it around your wrist, letting your hair fall down your back. Bucky continued to run his fingers through it, and you hummed again, feeling comfortable. Steve and Sam started talking between themselves while you nuzzled in. Once Bucky was done running his fingers through your hair, he started rubbing your back instead. You loved how he was almost needy right now. You were feeling needy too. You didn't want the attention to stop. It was like you didn't have to say it out loud that you needed a little extra attention, he seemed to just know. It was either that, or he was feeling touchy too. It was hard to imagine that your super soldier was such a big softy.
"It's about time I got our Cuddle bug to bed," Sam announced after a while. The sun had completely set already, and the moon was cresting over the trees behind the compound from what you could see through the door, and out the windows of your bedroom on the other side of your suite. Bucky grunted, but tightened his grip on your waist.
"I should head to bed" Steve stood up. "Come on ya jerk, your dame needs her sleep"
"I sleep better when she's with me" Bucky mumbled in response.
"I'll be safe with Sam" you reassured him, giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. He loosened his hold on your waist, and you slid off of his lap. "Good night, Bucky and Steve" you whispered.
"Good night" Steve went to your suite door and hesitated, waiting on Bucky.
"Maybe I can just sleep in the chair" Bucky offered, not getting up yet.
"Like hell you are staying with me in my sleep" Sam shook his head, a laughter evident in his tone.
"I'll be okay, Bucky" you promised.
"Come to my room if you can't sleep?" he asked, looking worried again.
"I will," you nodded. He stood up and pulled you into a bear hug, before pulling back and giving you a chaste kiss on the lips. You knew he didn't like it, but he was doing this more because Sam was so insistent. Sam smartly stayed quiet for the interaction, stepping back for a moment.
"I'm just going to go and get changed" Sam left the room with Steve. Bucky stood still, holding you close to his body.
"I don't like leaving you," Bucky whispered.
"I don't like it either, but Sam is my best friend. He wants to just take care of me too" you whispered back.
"I'll be right next door" Bucky dipped his head down and caressed his lips against yours softly. He continued to softly kiss you for a few minutes, and you got lost in the kiss just enjoying your time with your Bucky. It wasn't until you heard a clearing of a throat that you pulled away regretfully, and Bucky groaned softly to himself.
"Don't mind me" Sam spoke up, and you grimaced looking at him.
"Good night" Bucky huffed and turned to leave the room. You watched him longingly until he completely left.
"Come on, we used to spend the night together all the time" Sam grabbed you by the shoulders and led you back towards your bedroom. You slipped into your closet, closing the door behind you and decided to just sleep in your t-shirt and a pair of cotton shorts. When you came out, Sam smiled in his dark blue pajama bottoms, and black cotton shirt. "Ready?" he asked expectantly.
"Yeah, I'm just always worried the nightmares will start. But I trust Loki's spell too" you shrugged, heading to the bed. Aurora was already sprawled out on your stuffies and purring loudly. You climbed into the center of the bed, and Sam quickly took the outside of the bed. He held out an arm, and you turned onto your side and curled into him. He pulled you in, and you closed your eyes. He wasn't your Bucky, but he was warm.

When you woke up you didn't feel as well rested. Sam was still snoring in his sleep, but had continued to hold you through the night. You wondered if Bucky would come back and sleep with you again tonight. Maybe they would take turns for a while. You weren't sure, but you knew what you were hoping for. You pulled at the gold comforter, and brought it up around your shoulders more. You remembered that you had your appointment today, and it brought you some anxiety. You weren't sure that you were ready to start talking about what happened while you were gone. There was so much torture, and you weren't sure you were ready to relive it again. You knew it was the only way they would let you work again, and you were keen to start doing that. You wanted Hydra to pay for what they had done to you, and you knew exactly where to start. The doctor. If he wasn't in Shield custody, you were going to start by freezing his bank accounts, then you were going to attack his social media. Bring him out of hiding, and make him uncomfortable. But that was just the beginning of what you wanted to do to him. Sam woke with a snort and pulled you in, looking worried for a second as he looked down at you.
"How did you sleep, Cuddle bug?" he asked, his voice a bit raspy.
"I don't feel rested" you pouted.
"Looks like our sleepovers are coming to an end" he joked.
"Why's that?" you were surprised at the notion.
"You felt rested with Tinman, didn't you?" he asked softly. You hesitated, but nodded in agreement. "I'll let him take care of you," he gave a sigh. "I like having my cuddle bug, but not if she ain't resting properly.
"I think it's because he smells like leather and pine" you thought out loud, blushing slightly at the admission.
"What do I smell like?" Sam seemed honestly curious.
"Spice, but not the same spice's as Loki," you admitted.
"Huh" Sam hummed to himself. You nuzzled into his chest a bit, and he rubbed your back. "I'll have to start wearing me some leather," he joked after a moment.
"I doubt it will have the same effect" you giggled.
"I'd better go get dressed for breakfast" he pulled away after a moment and you groaned at the sudden cool air touching you. You pulled the blanket up around you more snuggly. "No, no. None of that. Get your ass up, you are coming to breakfast" Sam chastized you.
"I don't want to, I'm still tired" you whined.
"You need to face the day eventually" he grinned. "Get up" he pushed, and you groaned again before rolling out of bed. "That's my girl," he clapped you on the shoulder before he left the room, and out of your suite.