Down the toilet

The rest of the farmer's market went off without a hitch. Both you and Loki ended up getting some new books, and Bucky took the time to get you some more red roses for the suite when you got home. The crowd had started to die down when you went for your crepes, and you honestly weren't sure if you would have room for supper when you got home. When you got back to the car, Bucky opened your door while everyone else went to their shared car a little further away. He got in the driver's seat and held out his hand to hold yours after he reversed out of the parking spot.
"I was thinkin..." Bucky started as he drove at the speed limit back to the compound.
"What about?" you asked.
"How would you feel going off birth control?" he asked, and spared you a quick glance.
"You want me to stop taking my pill for real?" you asked in surprise.
"I've always wanted kids, and I think you'd make a great mom to our kids" he smirked. "We have the house already, and I can take time off work for a bit. Maybe go into something less dangerous if it makes you feel better."
"I thought that you love your job." you commented a little softly.
"I do, but for you I could and would leave it behind. I mean, I'd still see everyone. I could learn the ropes in the lab or work as a mechanic or something." he shrugged, as though it was no big deal.
"No, your job is with the avengers. You're a hero, and I can't ask you to give that up just for me." you shook your head.
"What about the birth control?" he asked, his face a careful mask of indifference. You could tell this meant a lot to him, and it took a lot for him to ask this of you. You thought about it for a moment, and knew that the answer was easy for you. You couldn't imagine loving someone more, and you could see yourself with children when it came to him. You bit at your bottom lip unsurely, you wondered if the new abilities that you had been given from your time at Hydra was going to affect a fetus, and cringed at the thought of it. You knew you could go to Bruce easily to have him look into it to see if it would have any negative side effects and thought about bringing that up to Bucky. His palm was sweaty as he held your hand and the sound of his heel tapping the floor of the car with anxiety, and you knew that he was getting even more nervous by the second. Knowing this, the decision was easy. You wanted to face this next step with him in your relationship together.
"Okay" you finally nodded and a sigh left his lips before his face broke out into a smile and he brought your hand up to his lips and he gave your fingers a kiss.
"One thing though?" he asked as his eyes lit up with his face.
"What is it?" you asked, wondering what else he had on his mind.
"I get to throw it out," he grinned mischievously. You giggled and shook your head, and looked ahead at the road.
"You don't trust me?" you asked with a laugh.
"No, I trust you. I just want the honor of flushing it down the drain so you can't change your mind on me, Sugar" he smirked.
"Fine, you can throw it out." you finally agreed, rolling your eyes at his playful attitude. "It's not like I'll get pregnant right away anyways" you shrugged.
"We will just have to do a lot of practicing," he grinned from ear to ear. "And to think a year ago I was pining over you all the time. Now you're willing to have my babies" he seemed almost triumphant. "Dreams do come true" he added swiftly, giving your fingers another kiss.

The rest of the drive home was quiet, and Bucky continued to hold your hand, giving the back of your hand or your fingers a kiss every few minutes. His excited demeanor was almost rubbing off on you. You were still a little anxious about this step, but he was happy, and that was all that mattered to you. The next step seemed easy, you were just anxious about your new abilities. You knew that Bucky was already catching onto that because the lights on the steering panel were flickering, and he just turned on some of your comfort music for you. You hummed to the tunes, and once you got home you saw Steve park right next to you. The three men got out of the SUV that had followed you home and went directly to your trunk and Bucky opened it up. Wordlessly they took the bags and weapons before heading inside, leaving you only carrying your roses and your purse. Bucky waited at the front door with one of the suitcases and your books. You smiled at him as you walked by,, and he closed the door behind you.
As soon as you walked into your suite Alpine and Aurora came running to your feet meowing and asking for attention. Loki, Sam and Steve dropped off their bags and chuckled as you nearly dropped your roses trying to pet the two needy cats.
"I'll unpack, Sugar" Bucky told you as he walked by. You finally set your roses and purse down and grabbed the two cats, one at a time, and held them on one shoulder each. Alpine on your left and Aurora on your right. They started purring loudly and rubbing their heads against the side of your neck and your shirt. You peppered them with kisses and held them for a few minutes before you forced yourself to put them down, cooing softly to them. They mewed pitifully until they saw you reach for the treats and suddenly they were pawing at your legs excitedly. You took a small handful each and gave it to each of them before turning your attention to your roses, swapping out the old ones for the new ones. You went to the bedroom to help Bucky with putting away the last of your things but he wasn't there, and the bags were all still on the bed. You saw the bathroom door was open and you could hear the sound of water drops almost.
"Honey?" you went into the bathroom to see Bucky was taking your pills out of the foil packet individually and dropping them into the toilet. He had an almost gleeful look on his face as you watched him drop each pill in. You looked at the trash bin, and saw that he had already gone through three packages. You broke out into a laugh and leaned against the door frame. "Didn't trust me?" you asked, slowing to a giggle.
"I was too excited to see this happen. Since you first agreed to go out with me I've been wanting this" he admitted.
"Did you grab the package from the suitcase?" you asked with a shake of your head.
"You bet I did," he grinned.
"I'll leave you to it" you giggled again and turned to leave him in the bathroom to his own devices. You set on your task to take out the dirty laundry and put it into the hamper. You put the book you had been reading on the bedside table and then grabbed the bag of books and headed into the living room to put them away on your bookshelf. By the time you came back, Bucky was putting the weapons away in the closet, high up and out of the way. He put the guns in the lock box, making sure they were safe. You put the empty suitcases under the bed and huffed slightly before laying down on your back and closing your eyes for a moment. Your two favorite marshmallows found their way into the bedroom and got up on the bed with you and purred loudly.
"Are you tired?" Bucky asked, looking a little concerned.
"Just trying to relax for a moment before we start work for the week" you said without opening your eyes.
"Am I on missions?" he asked, and you opened one eye to look at him to see him pulling out his phone to check his email.
"Three missions, but they should be quick and easy. You are out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with Steve, Scott, Sam and Clint" you confirmed. "Loki is going with Nat, Vision, Wanda and Thor on a longer mission starting tomorrow morning, but they should be back for Wednesday night. I need the data from all the missions to compile the new mission dockets. I'm still working off of both the teams reports and Shields reports, but the data is stale, and needs an update. I'm working on finding bigger bases and I really want to make sure they don't start making gun sales again." You opened your eyes fully and Bucky sat beside you on the bed and looked carefully at his phone.
"Do you still have therapy with Doctor Sloan on Wednesday?" he asked worriedly.
"Yes, and I'll reschedule my ability session with Wanda and Loki for Thursday or Friday" you reached out a hand and rubbed it on his lower back. He hummed to himself and continued to look at his phone.
"You have me taking point with Clint to watch the doors?" he asked, a little confused.
"You and I both know that we need more muscle on the outside just in case" you gave a soft smile. "Scotti s going in first to do recon before Steve and Sam make their way in. Sam is taking the upper floors and Steve is taking the main floor. If anything goes wrong, you and Clint have their back until they get back outside" you explained.
"You are making the teams bigger, but these seem to be smaller bases" he commented.
"Let me worry for a while," you sighed.
"I'll let you worry all you need to. Just know that we will be safe anyways" he tore his eyes away from his phone and leaned down to kiss you lovingly on the forehead. "Since I have free time tomorrow, I'm going to do our laundry during the day" he gave a prideful smile.
"Bucky, I can do the laundry. You need to work out in the gym" you bit your bottom lip.
"I'm in the gym enough. Besides, I'll work out with Stevie in the morning, and then I"ll take the afternoon to do the laundry. Just one more thing off our plate before the weekend" he wiggled his eyebrows at you and you chuckled.
"You're insatiable" you shook your head.
"Have you met you? Of course I am. Just look at you" he praised you and you blushed. "I love every inch of you," he added with flourish.
"I love you too" you sighed happily and closed your eyes again. Bucky teetered on the edge of the bed and laid down beside you and wrapped his arms around you. You adored how safe and secure he made you feel.