Nightmares

The following day, you had indeed discovered while taking your morning shower, that Bucky marked his territory quite thoroughly. Your body was still humming from the previous night's activities. Bucky had very hesitantly gotten out of bed in the morning, stealing a few kisses before you convinced him you needed time to take a shower. He was so cute when he pouted before he left. You could tell he was fighting with himself and wanted to stay. At breakfast there were a few knowing looks shared around the table, but thankfully no one said anything about your neck and collar bone. You had decided to wear one of your button up blouses, and your skin was visible. You had paired it with a pair of high waisted black jeans, and your red converse sneakers. Bucky made sure to kiss you before he went to the gym for the day. You had to screw up your courage, and head back to the same office to meet Doctor Sloan.
When he had come into the room, you looked up to the Heavens thanking everything above that he actually came back. You noticed there were coverings on the fluorescent lights today, and silently thanked Tony for doing that. You knew he was behind it, since it was one of his offices. Doctor Sloan talked to you longer today, the lights flickered and shattered, as you recalled your time with Hydra to Doctor Sloan, at his insistence. He never faltered today, never even batted an eye when the lights above shattered, and blue electricity started dancing around you. You had to admit, he was a stronger man than you had initially anticipated. You cried while you spoke, feeling a little calmed by the blue electricity that encircled your body. It helped you calm down. As the meeting came to a close, you saw all the lights had shattered during the meeting, but you felt significantly lighter having spoken for a few hours about your time that you had been taken by Hydra. Doctor Sloan had promised to meet you again tomorrow, and you made your way back to Tony and Bruce in the lab. You tiredly told Tony about the lights needing to be all replaced again, and he saw how mentally exhausted you were and excused you from lunch. You gratefully thanked him, and made your way up to your room.

Your presence missing from the lunch table was not missed by the team. Bucky looked around several times, wondering if you were just going to be late, as he sat with the empty chair beside him, separating him from Sam. He pouted slightly as he ate, sulking into his food.
"Cheer up, Manchurian Candidate. She needed a rest after her session this morning. I'm thinking of extending the exception for the week" Tony caught on to Bucky's sad demeanor.
"How did she do today?" Steve asked quickly.
"I need to start buying lightbulbs in bulk," Tony frowned. "She's got a lot to get out there. She's not ready to come back to work yet"
"Of course she's not ready yet, Tony" Pepper gave him some sass, having decided to work remotely for the day.
"We are still going to have to find a way to control her ability, and help her work with it" Bruce whispered softly.
"Is she up for that though?" Scott asked, seeming a little surprised.
"She doesn't have much of a choice" Tony grimaced. "Every time she gets upset she breaks the lightbulbs. That's no way to live"
"My magic wont keep the nightmares at bay forever either" Loki seemed worried about bringing this up. "Even magic has its limits, sadly"
"How long do we have for it to keep working?" Sam put down his fork, seeming concerned.
"A few more weeks maybe, before her body gets too used to it" Loki frowned. "I've been putting on the space she's in, but I'll eventually have to put it on her specifically to keep it working"

"Hey man, whatever it takes. I'd hate to see what kind of mess the lights would be in if she didn't have you by her side right now" Sam picked his fork back up and resumed eating.
"I should go check on her before I head back to the gym," Bucky mused out loud.
"Maybe it's better that you let her sleep for a bit, she was pretty exhausted earlier" Bruce seemed timid to bring that up. "Just this once," he added quickly.
"If that was Nat, would you be saying the same thing?" Pietro asked suddenly, looking at Bruce with a lot of questions in his eyes.
"Probably not," Bruce admitted shyly. Bucky quickly finished his food, and got up from the table, bringing his plate into the kitchen. He didn't bother heading back to the dining room, but gave Steve a nod as he headed back towards the upper floors. He quickly made his way up the stairs, and got to the top, stopping outside your suite door. He saw it was open a fraction, likely for the two cats that he had seen downstairs eating their kibble. He knocked softly three times and the door opened up more to reveal the room to him. He heard steady breathing, and walked into the room to see you sleeping on the couch, with a frown on your face. You were wearing his sweater again, but you were shivering in your sleep. It looked like you had fallen asleep with one of your books, since it had fallen to the side on the floor. He picked up the book, and put it on your coffee table, and looked around the room but didn't see any throw blankets. He slipped out of the room, and went to his suite to grab the fluffy dark blue one that you had seemed to really like when you were still in the panic room and he came back with it and quickly tucked you in. He grabbed one of the couch cushions and put it under your head as well, wanting to make sure to take care of you as best he could. He saw the discarded paper towel with a few peach pits in it on your coffee table and he quickly picked it up, putting it away in the garbage. He felt a little better that he knew you ate something for lunch. He stood for a moment, watching you sleep not wanting to leave. He felt so in love with you, and thought you looked like the sweetest thing, even when you were sleeping. He almost wanted to pick you up and carry you into your bedroom, but didn't want to disturb your sleep. He was a little worried about the frown on your face, and heard you murmur in your sleep. The lights in the room started flickering, but thankfully didn't burst. Bucky leaned down and kissed you softly on the forehead, and stepped back. He waited until you stopped frowning before he backed out of the room, turning off the lights behind him and shutting your door a fraction of the way.
He headed back downstairs and went to the gym to work on his cardio, even though he didn't really need to. He didn't feel like sparring today, but knew that his orders were to work in the gym for the day. He got on the treadmill and watched as Steve and Sam sparred in the center mat, and his mind wandered to last night and the heavy make out session you both took part in. He felt himself getting instantly hard at the memory of how you moved beneath him. He couldn't wait to do it again tonight. He didn't care if he came in his pants again, if he could hear those moans and cries of pleasure coming out of you again. You were his undoing. Gone was the hardened soldier of a man, he was like putty in your hands. He had never derived so much satisfaction from a heavy takeout session before, and certainly never went so far as to cum in his pants in the past. He had been with a few women, more than a few if he was going to be honest with himself. None of them had the magnetic pull that you did for him. You were like a drug, and he was addicted. He loved how your lips felt against his, and couldn't wait for the day that both of you would fully consummate your relationship. He continued with his musings, half paying attention to what he was doing, but his mind and his heart was with you back on the upper floor.