Thankful

"Come on Cuddlebug, you've been in there long enough. Bucky is waiting at the bottom of the stairs" Sam gave you some sass.
"You can't rush perfection" you called back as you finished putting on your bold red lip. You looked at yourself in the mirror and blotted your lips and nodded with approval. You had braided your hair back, and put on a wine colored sweater dress. The black tights and pumps really set off the look. You scrutinized yourself in the mirror again, trying to decide if you wanted your hair down, or if the braid was going to be okay. You didn't want your hair to get in the way of all the food you were going to be eating, so you settled with the braid. Today was the day. Today you were going to tell the rest of the team about your little bundles of joy. You ran your hand over the small bump that you had and folded your used clothes with your makeup bag on top and brought them out of the bathroom and put them on Sam's couch where he was sitting and waiting in a button up and black slacks.
"About time" Sam sighed and stood up. "Damn girl, you look fine" he whistled and you did a turn for him with a smile on your face.
"What do you think Bucky will say?" you asked.
"He will probably go to caveman status and pick you up and carry you back up to your suite" he laughed.
"Good, that's the look I'm going for" you hummed to yourself.
"I'll bring your stuff over after supper, let's get a move on. Sarah is waiting for me" Sam opened the suite door and you stepped out. Sam followed close behind you, and the two of you descended the stairs.
When Bucky came into view his face went from being anxious to suddenly a full blown smile and he just lit up completely as you got closer. His eyes glazed with lust as he looked you up and down and he held out his hand to you as you got towards the bottom of the stairs. You took his hand and he took a step towards you and kissed the back of your hand, while maintaining eye contact with you. You couldn't help but smile at you and he gave a grin. You closed the distance between the two of you and he gave you a soft, but sensual kiss on the lips. His left hand went and rested in the small of your back.
"Perfection, as always" Bucky said as he pulled back from the kiss. You took a moment to look at him in his wine colored button up and black slacks with the black leather belt and you hummed happily to yourself. He even gelled back his hair a bit for the occasion. The Rolex on his hand reflected the light's above you, almost as though he had polished it.
"I could say the same of you" you cooed.
"Sarah's in the dining room, I'll see you kids there" Sam checked his phone and promptly left.
"Are you ready for this?" Bucky asked you, his eyes bright with excitement.
"You mean where we tell everyone that we are going to be parents?" you asked with an arched eyebrow.
"This is a dream come true for me" he shook his head and smiled. "Can you imagine? I've been dreaming of this since the twenties" he sighed happily.
"Give or take 32 more weeks and you'll be carrying them instead" you giggled.
"I'm going to them now" he moved quickly and swept you off of your feet and you squealed as you wrapped your arms around his shoulders and he chuckled as he started proudly carrying you like a new bride towards the dining room. You giggled the entire way as he chuckled and he stopped as you got to the dining room. Everyone was already seated, and your two seats were still available. Bucky grinned to himself and slowly set you down on your feet again. You straightened out your dress and gave a small smile.
"Damn girl, you cleaned up good" Jack said from where he was sitting beside Loki who was in her female form. Loki was dressed in an emerald green satin halter dress and her makeup was perfect along with her long black hair. She was holding hands with Jack easily, and the look of adoration was evident on her face.
"Hello" you waved a little shyly.
"Hey Y/N!" Sarah waved to you.
You looked at the table and it was massively spread with three turkeys, and all of the usual fixings you would expect at a Thanksgiving supper. There was the asparagus, Brussel sprouts, potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnip, beets, carrots, cranberry sauce, and lots of stuffing. You did a small happy dance as you made your way around the table and you saw there were wine glasses all prefilled. Bucky pulled out your chair and you sat down and he pushed you back in. You took the wine glass and pushed it into the table more, before taking a water glass and taking a sip.
"A toast" Tony raised his wine glass and stood up. "To the family we have become, and for many years going forward" he smiled. You raised your water glass and Bucky took a water glass and touched his glass to yours making a small chime. Everyone took a sip of their drinks and Tony waited for them to finish. "This year I'm thankful for this family, and how much it has been growing. We've completed more successful missions in the last year, then in the last two years previous to that combined. Loki is finally off house arrest due to his good behaviour. We also have Y/N finally living in the correct compound" Tony gestured to you. "And to my beautiful wife who is expecting our first baby in the next six months" he said proudly. You, Nat and Wanda squealed in excitement at the news and there were more glasses being raised in Pepper's honor. "How about we go around the table?" Tony gestured to Bruce and Nat next to him.
"This year I'm grateful that Natasha has finally agreed to become my wife," Bruce said with a small flush to his cheeks. Nat proudly showed off her ring and you squeals and congratulations went around the table again.
"This year I'm glad he's finally asked me!" Nat added with a chuckle.
"This year I am grateful that Peter and I finished MIT, and Tony has agreed to let us work in the lab more going forward" Pietro smiled.
"I'm just happy to be with my family" Peter said simply, smiling at his Aunt May who was seated beside Happy.
"I'm grateful for this family, and Aunt May" Happy said simply.
"Family" Aunt May nodded.
"This year Vision and I are grateful to our family here, and to Tony for letting us take a few months sabbatical to travel. Today was an exception, but we leave tomorrow for Paris" Wanda said, and looked at Vision lovingly who just kissed her cheek.
"I'm grateful for Wanda," he said simply.
"I'm grateful for friends and family near and far. For Sarah for letting me date her, and agreeing to move in with me" Sam said.
"To new relationships and new friends" Sarah smiled warmly.
"I'm grateful for all the memories, and triumphs we have experienced. I am grateful for this family, and for my best friend for always being here for me" Steve said with a small smile playing on his lips.
"I am grateful for this family, and my brother... I guess sister today. It has been an honor to fight by all of your sides" Thor raised his glass.
"I'm grateful for my brother, my adopted little sister" Loki paused to look at you and you smiled at her. "My family here on Midgard, and of course for Jack. I'm grateful to be off house arrest as well to be honest" she added.
"I'm grateful you are off house arrest too. Makes dating you so much easier" Jack agreed quickly. "To friends" he raised his glass.
Bucky looked at you as if seeking permission and you nodded with a tender smile playing at your lips.
"I'm grateful that I'm soon going to be this amazing woman's husband next year" Bucky took your hand and kissed the back of it. "I'm grateful that in thirty two weeks I'll be carrying a pair of twins," he grinned.
"Wait, what?" Tony asked in shock.
"We are pregnant" you giggled and Bucky kissed you on the lips to hush you.
"Twins," Bucky said proudly.
"Super soldier babies?!" Tony squeaked.
"Looks like we are raising our babies together" Bucky puffed out his chest and held his head high.
"The data on that is going to be fascinating," Bruce said quickly.
"Are you the one that's been in the Nutella?" Pepper asked you and you nodded. "We need to order more" she looked at Tony pointedly.
"I'm grateful for this family" you said with a soft smile. "For my future husband, and babies. For little Aurora and Alpine that make the days seem a little brighter. For this team that protect me so diligently. For adopted brothers" you looked at Loki, Sam and Steve. "For this very moment I feel blessed" you added as tears pricked at the back of your eyelids. "I know Hydra isn't going to likely stop, and things are going to be more dangerous moving forward. But I know that as long as we are all together, and we continue fighting the good fight, they don't have any hope to succeed" you said softly.
"That leaves me" Pepper smiled. "I'm grateful for this family, and that I'm not the only one carrying a baby into the new year" she giggled.
"I'm going to have to revamp the entire inside of the compound and make the rooms bigger" Tony hummed to himself. "Alright Manchurian Candidate, you carve that bird down there and I've got this one. Steve can get the other one" Tony announced and the three men got up to do just that.
You thought back to the last year, and felt in awe of how much everything had changed for you. From thinking Bucky was out of your league, to him being your future husband. From thinking you were alone and had no family, to realizing you had been adopted into a larger family that held your heart. They loved and protected you, and made you feel appreciated at every opportunity. To you, there was nothing better. You finally could look to the future ahead, and it seemed bright and full of possibilities.
You no longer thought about your old family that had decided they would rather tell the world you weren't with them anymore. Sometimes the bond you make with other people is stronger than blood would ever be. And for that, you were forever grateful.