Safe

Bucky was agitated, and with good reason. Steve took point beside the doctor, and he was trying to keep his cool sitting beside Sam, but really he wanted to rip out Doctor Volkov's throat. Adam Volkov seemed unperturbed, and only grinned happily to himself with the knowledge that they did not provide, that you had been altered in some way, shape or form.
"Tell me, what is her power?" Adam asked. "Please, I need to know" he added, as if unaware that he was adding fuel to the fire. Bucky grit his teeth, and he could hear his molars cracking under the constant stress. "I know she lived, which is more than I anticipated," he added. And Bucky had enough. He ripped off his seatbelt and turned in his seat, using his right hand to punch Adam square in the jaw with a satisfying pop. His head hit the back of the seat and he suddenly went silent.
"Hey!" Clint called back.
"I should have seen that coming" Steve said softly, checking the doctor and saw he was still alive, just knocked out.
"How could you not? Even I saw that coming" Sam rolled his eyes.
"Put your seatbelt back on, Nat's already called a tow for the car" Clint called back. Bucky huffed and tied the seat belt back on, since he did indeed rip the fabric in his haste.
"Are you done?" Sam asked Bucky with a roll of his eyes. "Tell me, did it feel as good as I imagined?"
"Better" Bucky grit out. "That son of a bitch deserves more than that," he added.
"Agreed" Nat called back. "Clint, hit the accelerator, I want to get home to see my baby"
"This was probably overkill for one agent" Steve observed.
"He was a priority," Clint reminded him.
"He's not to them, no back up" Sam pointed out.
"He's probably on vacation and they didn't even notice he's gone yet" Steve shrugged. "They are careless sometimes."
"That's in our favor," Bucky said, relaxing a bit now. Clint was going pretty fast on the highway, zig zagging through traffic as he made his way to Shield headquarters. It was getting dark out quickly, and Bucky was getting anxious. He just wanted to go home to the compound and hold you for a while. Just to know that you were safe, and to be the one to tell you that you were safe. He wanted that honor at the very least, but he had a feeling that Tony would beat him to it. Tony had stayed back with the car until someone came to pick it up, and sent orders for Wanda, Vision and Scott to go back home. That suited him just fine at least. He knew this way there was going to be more people on the compound in case Hydra didn't miss out on the snatch and grab of their doctor.
He watched as the city sped by, and once in a while would hit his lock screen to look at your face again smiling back at him. He vaguely was paying attention to where he was, only concentrated on one thing, and that was getting home to you.
Before long, Clint stopped at a security outfit outside of Shield headquarters, and presented his ID, even though he didn't really need it, and muttered he had the prisoner that Fury was looking for. The van passed through and headed right to the back tarmac where Fury was waiting in his black leather jacket by one of the jets that was already powered up and waiting. A groan came from the back seat and Sam unbuckled himself and pushed open the door just as Clint was parking the van.
"Agents" Fury acknowledged the team. "I trust I'll have a report?" he told, rather than asked.
"Yes sir," Clint nodded. "Not much from our end, it was a clean snatch and grab with a little mess on the highway" he advised.
"You fucking hit me?! How dare you!" Adam finally came to and yelled loudly.
"You are lucky that's all he did to you" Nat called back.
"I take it that will be missing in the report?" Fury asked lightly.
"Probably" Bucky flexed his arm while Steve got out with Adam who was still screaming about being punched. He moved slowly and was dragging his feet and trying to make a scene. Two agents came and took Adam from Steve and nearly picked him up as they brought him to the waiting jet.
"He hit himself," Sam said with a bit of a smirk.
"The most likely outcome," Fury agreed. "I'll expect my reports as soon as possible, I'm taking him to the raft personally" he stepped back from the van and Steve got back in. Bucky anxiously turned his phone on again to get a look at the background, and closed it again. He grimaced at the fact that Steve was taking so long to get back into the van, but finally the doors closed and he put on his seatbelt.
"Are you done?" Bucky asked him, his voice slightly clipped.
"What's got your panties in a bunch?" Nat asked from the front.
"He wants to get home to our cuddlebug. He hasn't stopped looking at her picture" Sam chuckled, shaking his head.
"I have first dibs," Clint teased.
"No," Bucky said quickly in response. "I can't bear another minute without her. Let's get a move on!" he barked while Clint burst out laughing. He nodded and put the van into gear.

"And just like that, you are free to move around the compound again" you heard Tony open the panic room doors and you looked up from where you were laying with the cats.
"Is he in custody?" you asked in surprise, having lost track of time in the meanwhile.
"On his way to it, not to worry. I have the iron legion watching the outside" Tony added, moving around to the living room where Pepper got up and hugged him close to her body. "Wanda, Vision, and Scott are already on their way back. Thor, Pietro and Peter are taking a walk along the perimeter" Tony said as he just held Pepper close.
"I'll be staying with our cuddlebug" Loki said, coming into the bedroom and holding out a hand to you. You looked at him confused and took his offered hand and stood up from the bed. He made sure your clothes were straightened out before he reached past you and grabbed the two cats, one in each hand, and started to lead the way out.
"Looks like you're done with us" Bruce joked as you followed Loki blindly.
"For now, apparently" you giggled, trying to match Loki's long strides.
"Come along kitten, I'm making you some tea for your nerves" Loki said over his shoulder. You quickly hurried up to follow him.
He led you back upstairs to your suite, and he nudged open the door with his foot before walking into the living room area. He set both cats down on the couch, and then headed to your kitchenette where he filled the tea kettle and took down two mugs while you went and sat down on the sofa.
"Loki?" you said over your shoulder.
"Yes, pet?" he said, as he moved around the small space.
"Do you think I'm safe now?" you asked in a small voice.
"As long as I breathe and you are within my gaze, or the same for your dear soldier, you will always be safe I assure you. No one will dare lay a hand on you again" he said with solid conviction. You sat with your thoughts as he continued to move around, and you looked at him over your shoulder once in a while. He seemed to be at ease with his task he set for himself. He had magicked himself back to an ivory tunic, and his black dress pants again with his hair was caressing at the nape of his neck. You certainly thought he looked godlike on his own, even for a younger god.
"Careful pet, I can still hear your thoughts" Loki paused with a mischievous smirk on his face to look at you.
"How do you manage to look beautiful, even as a male?" you asked the question that had been eating at you.
"It's a gift," he teased. "You look delectable to your soldier, and I imagine that is all that is important to you."
"Actually, yes" you shrugged and brought your attention back to the cats. Loki brought in two cups of tea, and waved his hand over your cup, emitting a soft green light and you rolled your eyes. "I'm not that anxious anymore," you reminded him.
"Just drink it" he rolled his eyes. You took the cup and started with small sips, and shortly found yourself starting to feel tired. Aurora and Alpine jumped up on the back of the couch and started purring loudly. Loki remained vigilant and on guard, but allowed you to sit in silence for a bit. You took out your phone periodically to check the time, and to look at your background of you and Bucky smiling back at you. Your eyes drifted to Bucky's face and it made you feel a little more alive inside. You knew he was out there making sure you were safe. The cats started to purr behind you and it was lulling you to sleep, along with the effects of the tea. You had been sitting a while before you heard footsteps out in the hallway of your partially open door. You readjusted yourself on the seat and turned to see Bucky kicking in the door, still in his combat clothes without a scratch on him.
"There you are" he let out a sigh of relief and walked straight towards you. Even Loki knew enough to move out of the way. Bucky bent down and picked you up from under your thighs and wrapped your legs around his waist. You automatically wrapped your arms around his neck and he just stood there holding you for a moment taking in deep breaths. "You're safe now. He will never get to you again" he whispered into the side of your neck. "I made sure of it this time, doll, we got him."
"Is his family safe?" you asked, your words muffled.
"Safe and sound, and he's on the way to the raft" Bucky promised.
"I'll take my leave" Loki said from beside you. "And I'll close the door," he added.
"Thank you Loki," both of you said at the same time.

Bucky cradled you close to his body, and once the door closed you felt him start to move and he headed in the direction of the bedroom. You tightened your grip on him, and he gave a soft sigh as he walked past the threshold. He kicked off his boots and walked to the bed and laid you down in the center. He stood back only long enough to take off his weapons and then he slid into bed beside you, holding you close and reminding you of how much you are loved.