A week apart

Sam's lights flickered dangerously while he sat on his couch and he watched you pace back and forth. They heard your old suite door slam shortly after you slammed Sam's door, and you had a feeling he was either pacing in the suite, or he went to Steve's place to cool down.
"Do you want to tell me what that's about?" Sam finally asked.
"The audacity of that man!" you exclaimed as you continued to pace, the blue lights completely surrounding your body as you continued to make your way around the room. "Because he's the man of the house, he thinks he can tell me not to go back to work. He wants me to just stay home while he goes out and risks his life, and make me be his little house pet" you growled.
"What do you mean?" Sam frowned a bit as he continued watching you closely.
"He wants me to stop working all together" you growled again. "He wants me to take a vacation and just quit. Stay at home and wait on him, let Friday do the mission dockets"
"Shit, I had a feeling this was coming" he rubbed his jaw and sighed heavily. "Listen, Y/N, you gave us all a good scare. He's just scared of losing you" he tried to calm you down.
"And do you all think every time I make those mission dockets, I'm not terrified that one of you isn't coming home?!" you turned on him, still filled with rage. "Every single mission docket makes me sick to my stomach, but I do it because it's my job, and I'm always careful about them. I can't rely on Friday to protect you all"
"Hey, don't shoot the messenger" Sam put up his hands. "Why don't we go for a walk before you blow my lights out"
"No, because that jerk might be outside" you crossed your arms.
"I'll make sure he isn't, and we will just go for a small walk around the track. I'll give you one of my sweaters to wear" he texted into his phone. "He's at Steve's place" he updated you as soon as his phone pinged.
"I need my shoes" you huffed.
"Go back to your place and get your shoes" Sam gestured for you to go. "I'll still give you one of my sweaters" he got up and went to his room to get one for himself and one for you.
"I'll get a sweater from my room" you growled and went back across the hall. On your way by you fed Aurora and Alpine some extra treats, and you put on a pair of sneakers angrily, along with one of your pink zip up hoodies. You had half a mind to change your clothes, since wearing Bucky's shirt was too intimate for you at the moment, but you couldn't bring yourself to do it. You still needed his scent to feel safe, and you hated that.

Sam took you for a few rounds around the track, and the sun was nearly set before you had calmed down enough to want to go to bed. When he led you back inside you went directly to bed, while Sam took the couch. He seemed to be taking the fight in stride, almost as though he had anticipated this happening. You woke up a few times screaming in your sleep, and Sam finally came in and climbed into bed with you. You had nightmares of being at the Hydra base again, since you didn't have Loki's spell on the bedroom. Sam didn't complain as he got hit with small electric pulses of your abilities, but just held you closer until you calmed down enough to go back to sleep again.
Monday morning you woke up and Sam was still asleep. You got up to use the facilities and cleaned up a bit. You changed into a pair of clean jeans and a plain t-shirt before putting on your sneakers and going to sit in the living room to wait for him to wake up. He finally came out of the bedroom shirtless and rubbing his eyes as he looked at you curiously.
"What are you doing up so early?" he asked, a little worried.
"I couldn't sleep anymore" you admitted with bags under your eyes.
"Are you any calmer?" he asked, hesitating before asking.
"I'm not quitting my job" you said through grit teeth.
"I wouldn't dream of you quitting," he chuckled. "Alright, let me get dressed. We can take a few walks around the track before breakfast, and you can get some of that anger out before your appointment with Doctor Sloan" he went to the bathroom and you heard him start getting ready for his day. When he finally emerged from his bedroom he was dressed in his tracksuit and sneakers, and gestured for you to follow him.

The pair of you went for a few rounds around the track, and surprisingly you didn't see Steve or Bucky. You were secretly glad for it, you didn't want to start arguing again this morning. When you went to breakfast, you saw Bucky looked like he hadn't slept at all and you felt a little badly and you were also worried about him. Just because you were mad at him, didn't mean you loved him any less. His face was set in determination however, so you knew there was no talking to him yet. Not that you wanted to. Not yet anyways.
When you met with Doctor Sloan for the rest of the week, you had a bit of a tighter rein on your abilities and didn't shatter the lights, although you were covered with the blue lights. By Friday, he suggested you tried going out again on the weekend, and maybe went back for half day's at work to start. When working with your abilities, Loki took over in holding you to calm you down and you also made progress with spending less time with your panic attacks. You were learning to turn that pain into anger which seemed far more useful. The shocks were a lot stronger, but neither Wanda or Loki complained, they seemed to know what they signed up for. You didn't talk to Bucky all week, but went for walks in the evening and in the morning with Sam around the track. You found out that Steve and Bucky were going up into the woods for their morning runs instead of the track for a change. During the day you would go back to your suite to find the bed was never made and it looked like the bed was torn apart. You would pack more clothes for Sam's place and spend some time with both Aurora and Alpine. You also saw that your room was slowly getting packed up for moving. You almost texted Bucky to stop packing up your things, because you were both at a standstill. You noticed Bucky would pause in the room when you were there, almost as though he wanted to talk to you, but he never took that step. When Tony asked how your training was going, he seemed to listen to rapt attention for you to speak, but you chose silence most of the week. You were still upset he wanted you to quit what had become one of the best jobs you ever had, to stay home and wait for him. You weren't that type of woman. You worked for what you had, and you certainly did not live off anyone.
Friday after lunch, which you had actually joined for, you saw Clint look between the two of you and huff a bit.
"Alright, Bucky, you and me. We are going for a walk" Clint wiped his face and looked at him expectantly.
"I have the gym" Bucky mumbled, looking at you but you looked away.
"It's still a work out, go with him" Steve coaxed his best friend. Bucky had spent most of his week at Steve's place, only going back to his suite to sleep, but he was barely sleeping as it was. He didn't want to admit he was wrong yet, even though Steve had tried to see it from both sides, he definitely saw your sheer will and determination to see this through and to get back to work. He couldn't take that away from you. He told Bucky he needed to back up a little and see it from your perspective. You had left your family chasing the career you wanted.
"Doctor Sloan talked to me today" Tony dropped the bomb on the team.
"Yes, I'm back to work for half days next week, and I have to get out this weekend" you spoke softly, your words clipped.
"Does that mean we are back to missions?" Nat asked, looking worriedly between you and Bucky. Bucky looked upset at the news and he stood up abruptly and brought his plate into the kitchen.
"It depends on Y/N" Tony studied your face. "She has a lot of data to go over, but I'm confident in her abilities. She will still be working with Doctor Sloan every other day, as well as with Wanda and Loki"
"Cuddle bug, you're already exhausted from working with them" Sam looked at you worriedly.
"It's time, Sam" you gave a weak smile. "I need to do this," you added softly. "I was hired to work, not to lay around all the time"
"I'm going to get a certain super soldier out of here before he blows his top" Clint stood up and went to join Bucky in the kitchen. You watched as the two of them made their way out the kitchen and headed outside.
"I'm going to go lay down" you stood up and left the table. You had hoped that Bucky would talk to you before Tony made the announcement. You didn't know where you stood with him anymore. Neither of you had spoken all week, and you could tell he was missing as much sleep as you were. You wondered if it was over between both of you, and the lights in the hallway started dangerously flickering.
"Hey, Y/N" Scott called your name and you paused to turn around and look at him. "Come on, lets hit the gym"
"I just want a nap" you shook your head.
"You're anxious aren't you? Come on, let's work on some self defense moves. You and me" he came over and put his arm around your shoulder. He let out a small groan as he got hit by an electric pulse, but didn't move.
"I'll hurt you" you frowned.
"I can barely feel it," he lied. "We will use the special mat they made for you. Come on, it will help you release some of that energy" he gave a kind smile. "Besides, you need a refresher" he winked and you relaxed slightly under his arm.
"Yeah, I do if I'm going to stay in this field" you gave in and let him lead you back towards the gym. Thankfully you had just dressed down in leggings and your signed Black Widow t-shirt today, something Nat had gifted to you earlier in the week.
"I'll drop off your Antman shirt later, since everyone seems to be finally getting around to giving them to you" Scott grinned.
"You got me one too?!" you squealed in surprise.
"Of course I did, you're one of the team" he shrugged.
You got a little bit quiet after he said that. You had never really considered yourself a part of the team before, you were more of the tech support that worked behind the scenes. You were a little touched that Scott referred to you as that, and you leaned more into his hold. You appreciated that Scott was also trying to help you in his own way, without asking about what was going on. It wasn't missed by anyone on the team that you and Bucky were not on speaking terms, but the only ones to really know what was going on were Loki, Wanda, Steve and Sam. Wanda and Loki had been in both of your heads, and Loki made it his mission all week to come to Sam's room after the first night to put his spell on Sam's quarters instead. Tony seemed to be suspecting something was up, and reminded you that you could always have your old suite back. You were wondering if you were going to take him up on that offer, since you didn't know if you and Bucky had hit the deal breaker. You felt another flash of anxiety, but diligently followed Scott towards the gym.