Reassuring Sam

You spent most of your night cuddled up in Bucky's arms before you realized the time, and told him you had to get to bed. He quickly agreed and waited for you to go into your bedroom with Aurora before he went to his own room with Alpine. You were just getting comfortable when you heard your suite door open and you sat up. Your bedroom door opened and the light flooded the room and you had to blink for a moment.
"Hey Cuddle bug, did he get your back?" Sam asked worriedly.
"Most of it" you nodded. "Were you staying away on purpose?" you gave a yawn.
"I wanted to give you and Tin man a few minutes alone," he admitted. "Want me to get the rest of your back?" he asked softly.
"Sure" you nodded, and rolled out of bed to go get the elixir. You came back and handed it to him and turned around. He pulled up the back from the bottom and you felt him cover the rest of the burn for you. You noticed he didn't spend as much time on it as Bucky did, and silently wondered about it. He dropped the nightgown and went and put it away in the bathroom then paused for a moment. "What's wrong?" you asked after a moment.
"I can't sleep," he admitted. "I was trying when I knew Tinman was over visiting you, but it's been hours"
"Come on, lay down with me" you gave a soft smile and went back to lay on the bed, and moved more to the center and tapped the side. Aurora gave a pitiful mew but moved more into the teddy bears.
"You sure? I know you got a man in your life now..." he trailed off.
"Sam, you're my best friend. No one is replacing you. Besides, it was one date so far" you sighed heavily and he finally got into bed with you. You immediately curled up to him and put your head on his chest.
"He better not be" Sam grumbled a little bit.
"Now what are you worried about?" you asked after a moment's hesitation.
"I'm worried that you are going to get caught for real by Hydra. I like it when you are here, and you are safe" Sam seemed to think about it for a moment before answering.
"I am safe here, I've got my bestie watching over me. And when he can't there's gods, assassins, enhanced individuals, and super soldiers" you sighed softly. "I don't really go out without anyone anyways" you reminded him.
"I know you're right, I just don't want anything to happen to you" Sam wrapped his arm around you a little tighter.
"The feeling is mutual, now cuddle me to sleep. Stay the night like you used to when I had a bad day" you whispered.
"I'll stay" he promised, and you closed your eyes, trusting him to keep his word.

When you woke up in the morning, Sam was still dead asleep. The morning sunrise was peeking through your bedroom windows, lightening up the room. You knew today was the day you had sent them on the start of some smaller missions, and were hoping they would all make it home for supper time, if not earlier for the week. You also knew not everything always went to plan, unfortunately. You nuzzled more into Sam, sighing happily at the body warmth, and the comfort he was bringing you.

"Hey cuddle bug" his voice was raspy this morning. "You're up early" he commented.
"I guess I'm hoping the alarm doesn't make a comeback" you giggled softly.
"I better go get ready for my mission" he sighed heavily.
"You have quick and easy ones for the week, I made sure of it" you pulled back and let him get up.
"You never let us down" he chuckled. "You have more laundry to do than I thought" he looked at the piles that you had ready for once you were done with work for the day.
"I wanted to wash all my undergarments. Loki just threw all my old ones out without giving me the chance to wash the new stuff" you wrinkled your nose.
"So you do have pet peeves?" Sam laughed as he walked towards the bedroom door. "Thank you, it was nice to know I still have my best friend" he added softly.
"I'm no Avenger, but I'll always have your back Sam" you gave a smile.
"I'll see you at breakfast" he chuckled and walked out. You slipped out of bed and headed towards the closet, slipping on your yoga pants that went to your knees, without panties because you honestly wanted all of them washed. You put on a sports bra, and a long, loose fitting tank top before going to the bathroom to use the facilities and to get all of your hair and teeth brushed. You tidied up in the living room, and heard chuckling out in the hallway, and checked your watch to see if it was almost time for breakfast. You frowned a bit, thinking it was still early and went back to your room to make your bed, grab your book and sit out on the balcony for a few minutes.