Taken

When you got up in the morning, your leg wasn't as bad as yesterday and you could put your weight on it. You had a suspicion that Loki's remedy helped quite a bit. You took some Tylenol regardless, since there was a bit of a pinch, and you put on a pair of your blue jean capris, and your Iron Man t-shirt before heading down the stairs with Aurora and Alpine on your heels. From the doorway of the kitchen you saw the chef give you a bit of the stink eye, but you ignored them when you walked past the kitchen and you went to sit with Pepper and Happy.
"How is your leg?" Happy asked quickly after you sat down.
"Just a small pinch, but it seems to be fine" you gave a quick smile and pulled in your chair.
"We have to work today, sunshine, but we will be back tonight" Pepper looked at you worriedly.
"I'll be fine, can you give the cooks lunch off until the team gets back? I'd rather just go and grab fruit from the fridge, or make myself a sandwich" you asked softly, feeling a little shy for asking.
"Are you sure?" Pepper seemed a little surprised.
"It gives them a bit of a break," you nodded in confirmation. "They always work so hard" you added, saying it a little more firmly. You really just didn't feel like dealing with the stink eye again. You knew they thought you received special treatment, and they were probably right. You worked closely with the team though, and if they couldn't see that, it was on them. Pepper and Happy just put the platter in front of the three of you, and you reached over and grabbed what you wanted. You quickly started eating, knowing you were stress eating. Happy was going over Pepper's meetings for the day, while she half listened to him. She seemed to be more focused on her food for now. You ate silently, trying to keep to yourself, knowing that you would be alone for the day. Pepper texted the kitchen staff and told them they would only be responsible for breakfast and supper for the week. You nodded approvingly, thankful she took your request. You finished quickly, and went to put your dishes in the sink.
"Don't forget to check in with me during the day" Happy instructed. "The team aren't the only ones worried," he added with a slight flush on his cheeks.
"Don't worry so much, I'm going to hulk out online" you gave a wink and headed to the lab. You sighed seeing that the computers were really in the panic room, and turned on your music leading the cats into the room. You saw there was even an automatic food dispenser, water dispenser, and cat box for the cats as you sat in the living room and reviewed the data that Friday was streaming through to you.

You had been working for a few hours, and were munching on some fresh fruits at your desk when you heard some noises coming from outside of the lab. Against your better judgment, you decided to go check on it, thinking one of the chef's decided to come make you lunch anyways. You slipped your mace into your hand and looked back at the two sleeping cats on the couch before walking out into the main part of the lab. It was a little eerie to be hearing noise, when the compound was supposed to be empty. You had been helping Friday with the task of emptying out bank accounts all morning, and waiting impatiently for updated files to show that the team was making progress.
Your bare feet slapped against the wood floors as you walked out slowly, keeping your mace at the ready, just in case. Your gut was telling you something was wrong, but you couldn't sound the alarm unless you validated that the compound was under attack. You came out the door and found yourself looking up into a man's face that was incredibly scarred. Brock Rumlow. There wasn't anyone that worked for Shield or the Avengers that didn't know him. He had four Hydra agents come out from behind him and they started to try to surround you. You raised up your hand and sprayed the mace, getting Brock in the face. You were aiming for the eyes, and saw him stagger back in surprise. Another agent started coming at you, and you used the heel of your hand into their throat making them stagger, while someone else tried to grab you from behind. You let out a loud scream and put all your strength into hitting them in the solar plexus with your arm. They dropped their arms and you turned around and pushed them as hard as you could. Two more agents started coming at you and you made a run for the lab when a shot rang out and you felt something pierce you at your collar bone. Someone grabbed you by the hips and you turned, grabbing a computer, living completely off of adrenaline, and smashed it over their head as you turned to look at them. They made a scramble for you, but you continued to grab various equipment, including some of Bruce's chemistry set to throw at them as you tried to make it back to the panic room. Safety was just within your reach as your hand hit the door jam for the panic room and you heard another shot ring out and you had severe pain running up your right leg and you fell forward to look down to see a bullet went straight through your thigh. You tried to scramble forward, getting ready to yell out the codes when you saw Brock was making his way to you quickly. You knew you wouldn't make it.
"Iron Legion rocks with an X!" you yelled out, pushing away from the panic room and you heard the door slam shut as the alarm went off.
"You're going to regret that" Brock looked at you like he had won the war. You knew this was just the first battle, and you would face off with him again. He wasn't going to win, not on your watch. He raised his hand and brought down the butt of his gun to your temple and the world went black.

"I've got all the cell phone disruptors in place" Rhody called through to Tony on comms. "Just waiting on your call" he said from his spot hidden between buildings. There were guards everywhere, and he had to remain completely still.
"Move to phase two" Steve ordered and Rhody nodded to himself. He saw Vision, Tony, and Wanda take to the skies, and he hurried to join them. A roar filled the air as the Hulk came crashing through the foliage, making his way from the jet to the front of the building, catching a lot of the day shift off guard. Screams filled the air as gunfire erupted and the Hulk cried out, and started to smash the front doors in, and reach for various Hydra agents that were firing at him. Bucky, Steve and Sam were not far behind Bruce, and were firing tranquilizer darts at agents from their guns. Shield agents came pouring in with zip ties and handcuffs to start grabbing the agents as they dropped to the ground. It was clear that the attack was not expected so soon. Pietro, and Peter started making their way inside, to clear the way for Natasha, while Clint started taking out vehicles with small bombs attached to his arrows. Scott let out his war cry as he ran into the building trying to find the computer rooms and make sure they were clear for when Wanda, Vision and Nat came in. Everything was in absolute chaos, but it was a carefully planned chaos.
It only took a few hours to clear out the buildings, and the team felt proud. They knew the next shift would start soon, and tried to hurry to download the data while Rhody, and Tony kept an eye on the skies, blasting a few Hydra agents as they tried to make their escape to call in backup. Tony was impressed that a mission of this size was going so well, and wanted to check in with you already. He also knew that the mission came first.
As the second shift started making their way in, Clint got them from a long distance before they even got out of their cars. Shield was working all day to try and bring in prisoners, and ended up having to request a third jet on top of the two that they had brought. Fury was quick to approve it, knowing you would make it up to him later. He tried calling the compound to let you know you were going to owe him one, but he only got voicemail.
"This was easier than I thought," Pietro commented as the night shift came in and Clint took care of them as well. They were busy still getting all the data they could, and bringing it to the Avengers jet for you to look over when they got home.
"Y/N is our magic weapon" Sam chuckled over comms. "That girl thinks of almost everything," he sighed.
"I'm taking her to the botanical garden's this weekend" Bucky grinned as he carried a box of guns, Steve beside him carrying a large box of ammo.
"She's going to love that. I was thinking we should take her hiking if her ankle is healed up" Sam grinned, grunting as the box in his arms almost fell.
"I don't know, she's pretty clumsy" Natasha reminded them while watching Bruce tear up some more of the building. "It's almost time for that lullaby" she smiled to herself. "We are ahead of schedule"
"Don't say that too loud, we still have to empty out all these weapons" Scott reminded her.
"Should we take down the signal jammers yet?" Rhody asked, taking a small break and having a bite of his Nutrigrain bar.
"No, not until we are done," Tony shook his head. "We don't want any surprise visitors. We have more staff coming in the morning. Shield is also changing up staff as they go when bringing in the weapons to be researched before they are destroyed."
"There's bombs in there, did you see that Mister Stark?" Peter asked quickly, while he watched Clint carry another one of the stragglers towards the Shield jet, for processing.
"I saw kiddo. Y/N called out there was likely going to be some" Tony assured him. "I shouldn't have doubted her"
"Do you think she's doing okay? It must be odd for the compound to be so empty" Loki mused softly.
"Cuddle bug is probably still in the lab in her pajamas," Sam chuckled. "I wish I could call and check on her"
"We just need to wait a little bit," Tony reminded him. "We still have another few waves of agents coming in while we get the rest of the data"
"There's a lot of paper data too" Scott groaned as he brought out a box of it. "They should do the online thing like everyone else does"
"Did you not just see what she did to their base's intel for what was available online?" Tony asked proudly. "They were probably worried something like this would happen"
"The battle was glorious today, I can't wait to regale the tale to Y/N. She would be proud" Thor smiled. "She has a warrior's heart"
"That she does" Wanda looked at him approvingly.
"If she wasn't so clumsy, we could train her up a bit and put her on the team" Tony chuckled. "She would say no, of course. She likes it in the lab."
"Time for Bruce to take a break, we can use that lullaby" Steve called through comms.
"On it" Nat got up and made her way to the Hulk, looking forward to seeing her Bruce again.