The Calm

Loki brought you back upstairs to your suite where you sat down on your black leather sofa, still a ball of nerves. Wordlessly he made his way to your kitchenette and put the kettle on to boil, humming softly under his breath. You knew he was doing it more for your benefit than his own. You pulled out your phone and glanced at Tony in the lab with the security footage, and you could tell he was getting ready to suit up. Another pang stabbed you in the heart as you thought of the little girl that had been trailing behind him, not wanting anything traumatizing to happen to her. With a flick of his wrist, Loki turned on the record player and soft music filled the room. You put your phone down as Loki gracefully came back into the room, and he set a mug of hot chocolate in front of you, and he had a cup of tea in his other hand. He sat down directly beside you and put his arm across your shoulders, giving you his full attention. You leaned into him, taking in the subtle hints of spice emitting from him, regardless of his lack of attire. He seemed relaxed, but you could feel that it was more for your benefit.
"Don't worry so much dear Kitten" he broke his silence and you gave a wordless nod. "You know your darling soldier will be coming in shortly and he will be taking care of the nasty doctor."
"I'm not worried about the doctor, we will get him. I'm worried about his family," you spoke soft and low.
"We have no quarrel with them, they will be protected" he vowed firmly. You could feel his honesty and his conviction in his tone, filling you to the brim with ease. You reached for your mug and blew on the heat vapors rising up before taking a sip. The sweet concoction easily slid over your tastebuds and you savored the sweet treat before swallowing. The lights above you flickered a few times, but it was slowly tapering down to small flashes that were barely noticeable. You continued to take small sips of your hot chocolate before you heard the doorknob jangle, and you quickly set down your mug. Loki looked unworried as he reached for his cup of tea, and continued to dangle his arm across your shoulders.

"Baby?" Bucky pushed open the door with more than usual force, causing it to bang on the wall beside the door hinge. He had your clothes in his vibranium arm, and a towel hanging from his flesh arm. "What happened to you?" he asked in a soft demand, obviously upset that you had up and left without advising him of such. "The electricity was flickering, are you okay doll?" he asked, obviously the fact had not been missed by him. He came around to the front of the love seat and dropped the clothes on the floor unceremoniously and held out his arms to you. You stood up and were immediately enveloped in his warm embrace. "Talk to me" he whispered to you softly, but you were at a loss for words.
"The doctor has been found, he checked into a hotel close by with his family. Tony's making the mission docket, and all other missions are canceled for the week. I took our dear Kitten up here to settle her nerves as Tony seems more inclined to work on this on his own" Loki finally explained. You gave a slight shiver at hearing it said out loud again so frankly, but Bucky merely pulled on your hips and you did a small jump to be up more in his arms. He pulled your feet off the ground and wrapped your legs around his waist, and held you closely and securely.
"Are you okay?" Bucky looked at you pointedly and you nodded your head as you looked up at him. He kissed you firmly between your eyes and continued to just hold you. You heard Bucky's phone ding a few times with messages in his back pocket, but he ignored it.
"You need to answer your phone" you whispered softly into his firm chest.
"You're more important" he shrugged easily. Loki's phone went off a few times and he picked it up. He cleared his throat and took a sip of tea before setting the cup down.
"Dear James, you have a mission as do I" Loki said, standing up.
"Are they the same mission?" Bucky asked softly.
"No, I'm the bodyguard, remember?" Loki asked with a slight smirk on his face. "Thor, Bruce, Peter, Pietro and I will remain here while you claim the revenge you have so thirsted after" he explained, and only then did you feel Bucky start to falter in his embrace.
"You need to suit up" you whispered to him, pulling back. "I'm okay" you added with reassurance. You climbed down off of him, and gave him a soft kiss on the lips and he watched you worriedly. You gave a bright smile as an idea hit you of what to do next to make the doctor make a break for it away from his family. "I'm going to suit up too" you winked.
"You are not going anywhere near that monster" Bucky shook his head with finality.
"No, but I can do a little Hulk smashing from home" you continued to give a brilliant smile.
"Baby..." Bucky hesitated when you heard movement out in the hallway. You turned around to see Tony standing there with his arms crossed, obviously a little upset that he had been ignored.
"I heard that" Tony said and leaned against it, seeming to consider your earlier words. "It will make him run and separate him from his family. What kind of smashing?" Tony asked.
"Only the good kind," you smirked, giving him your full attention.
"Alright, get on it. But I want you in the panic room with Pepper, Bruce and Happy while you do it. Pietro, Peter, Thor and Loki will be on guard duty while we go do our little snatch and grab. Fury is waiting, and not bothering to process him or interrogate him until he's on the raft" Tony shrugged.
"I'll just..." you scooped down and grabbed your pants and t-shirt, putting them on over your swimsuit.
"Promise me you wont leave the panic room" Bucky asked in a soft demand as he looked at you with worry evident on his face.
"Not until you get home" you promised. "You had better suit up" you tilted your face towards him and he dipped his head down to brush his lips against your own in a promising kiss.
"I love you" he reminded you.
"I love you too, sweet James" you sighed against his lips.
"This will only take a few hours and you can go back to being lovey dovey. Come on techno hulk, you have some smashing to do" Tony reminded you and a small laugh.
"I'm coming" you said with resolve, and turned away from Bucky. Loki stood up and magiked himself into his Asgardian clothes and armor. Bucky grabbed your hand and pulled you back and he kissed you hard on the lips, reminding you almost intimately how easily he could dominate you. Your mind had gone blank, and when he pulled away, you were slightly struck and unable to think coherent thoughts.
"Come along Kitten" Loki put his hand on your elbow and you gave Bucky a slow but seductive smile before allowing Loki to guide you away and back out of your suite. Loki paused at the door and you waited in the hallway as he went back into your suite to pick up both Alpine and Aurora who were snuggled up on the long couch together. He carried them carefully under each arm with Tony walking behind him and you led the way downstairs.

When you got downstairs you saw Pietro and Peter suited up and talking to Thor who was holding Stormbreaker with ease, standing in front of the lab. Tony nodded to them and led you through the lab to the panic room where Pepper, Bruce, and Happy sat in the small living room near where your computer was still set up for you to work on. Loki set the two cats down in the bedroom on the bed, and came back out as you were sitting in your chair. You started loading up your systems after connecting your VPN and smiled softly to yourself before cracking your knuckles. Tony and Loki cringed at the action and you gave a soft giggle.
"Okay, I'll let you do your thing. Friday, I want live updates and this panic room sealed as soon as we leave until we get back" Tony barked the order. You nodded and turned back to your screens and you started hacking his credit cards first. Tony went and kissed Pepper softly before leaving, and Loki took his position on the inside of the door with his daggers out, and his outfit of his Asgardian robes he had summoned by magic. The doors slid shut automatically and Bruce let out a loud breath.
On the TV you could see the security footage from around the compound, and there was one portion of the screen where you could see the interior of the lab where Thor was on the exact opposite side of the door from Loki. Peter and Pietro were just outside the lab itself and looked ready for a fight. You knew the entire team was taking this task to heart. You watched on the camera's as Clint, Tony, Steve, Sam, Nat, Vision, Scott, Wanda and Bucky made their way to the jet. You rolled your eyes thinking this was a bit of overkill for one man, but then again, you had once underestimated Hydra, and didn't intend on doing that again either.
"That's a lot of muscle for one man" Pepper said what you had been thinking.
"Wanda, Vision and Scott are going to watch and make sure his family are safe from any danger. Clint is flying the jet. Tony thinks he's going to make a break for it" Bruce advised. You half listened while you continued to freeze all of his credit cards. Next you went for the bank account, transferring the entire balance into his daughter's trust account. Finally you sat back and watched with a smirk on your face at your work.
"Are you all done, Cuddle bug? You've been sitting there for a while" Pepper asked softly breaking into your thoughts.
"Yeah, I'm all done. Now we wait" you sighed softly, wondering what was going to happen.
"They'll be fine. Come sit with me" Happy tapped his lap and you slid off of your chair and walked over. You turned and sat between him and Pepper and Pepper put her arm over your shoulders reassuringly. You leaned into her and watched the screen on the TV for any signs of movement.
"They'll be fine, if I know anything, I know that much" Bruce whispered into the room. "My Nat is with them, and she always gets her man," he added with pride.
"Everyone that's going always gets the job done" Happy said with a smile on his face. "I've been watching these guys for years. Before you of course, Y/N. They always manage to do what seems to be impossible and get it done. You just wait and see" he added.
You sat back and used that as food for thought as you continued to watch for movement on the screen. The only thing you saw was Peter, Pietro, or Thor move slightly, however they were almost sentient in their composure. You couldn't help but admire them because you were a basket of nerves. You hoped this didn't come back to bite you all in the ass.