Thunder

You had woken up long enough to eat, but went back to sleep almost immediately after. Loki never abandoned his post, seeming to be completely comfortable in his chair at your bedside. Bucky had gotten up and moved around the bedroom, rearranging the flowers, and just stretching his legs since he had not left your side since you came home, unless he was forced to by the team. Sam finished his report and sent it off, before taking both his laptop and Bucky's back to their rooms to charge. You seemed to be dead to the world before Bucky sat down again, and took your hand in his before he sat forward, putting his head on your stomach and just closed his eyes, taking in the movement of you breathing, his head slowly moving up and down with each inhale and exhale of breath. The loud sound of two cats purring, mixed with the soft music playing from your phone, a bare whisper in the room, lulled Bucky to sleep. He dreamt of the day he had taken you for a ride on his motorcycle and he had asked you to be his girl. He would later think back on it, and realize that Loki was also changing his dreams, trying to keep the room at a peaceful state. Bucky didn't wake up when Loki magicked a blanket to go around his shoulders to keep him in his warm and sleepy state.

When you had woken up in the morning, it was to the smell of bacon and eggs wafting into the room. You slowly opened your eyes to see Sam putting a plate onto Loki's lap, and holding a tray with three other plates, his pockets filled with bottled drinks again. He had a proud smile on his face as he turned to face you, and your eyes ticked down to see that Bucky was sound asleep on your stomach with a rich emerald green blanket around his shoulders. The color was stark against his sleeping face. You could feel he still had a grip on your hand, you felt so full of love for that man, he would never know. You felt badly that he had spent the night again, when he had a perfectly good bed upstairs. You supposed that even with your ever present godly presence in the room wasn't enough to soften the worry in your super soldier's aching heart of your current bedridden state.
"Good morning, Cuddle bug. You sleep alright?" Sam called quietly.
"Morning, I slept well. No nightmares," You murmured sleepy while taking a moment to shift uncomfortably to send a pointed look in Loki's direction.
"I'm here for your protection and keeping you well rested to heal is only part of it," Loki purred out while delicately placing a forkful of eggs in his mouth.
"I appreciate it but you really don't have to. I'm okay," you reasoned softly, slowly pushing your body up into a sitting position with a pained expression crossing your face and a low grunt escaping your lips.
"Woah, there. Let me help you," Sam rushed over to help you but stopped instantly when you held up a hand to stop.
"I got this. The pain is manageable today," you spoke through gritted teeth until your body felt as light as a feather. You instantly know that this was Loki's doing and sent an irritated expression his way as he looked anywhere but at you.
Once you sat upright, still slightly irritable that no one would let you do anything fully on your own, did Sam finally sit the plate of food on your lap, as Bucky sat up with a start, and the bottled drink on the small cart beside the bed. You looked at Bucky with a softened gaze, and he quickly gave a smile before hiding his face with his hand as he yawned.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" you flushed a bit, and Bucky quickly shook his head in defiance.
"I didn't mean to sleep that long, I don't know what came over me" he rubbed his face sleepily. You looked pointedly at Loki who hid a secret smile, and looked down at his plate while slowly starting to eat his food.
"Was it for my health you kept him asleep too?" you asked, your voice dangerously low. Bucky quirked an eyebrow and looked at Loki who gave a mischievous grin.
"He needed the sleep" Loki shrugged easily, paying attention to his meal. Sam quickly sat down after handing Bucky his breakfast as well, and the four of you ate in silence. You were still feeling in pain, but it wasn't as bad as it had been initially. You could really tell the regeneration machine had fixed the broken bones now, they only felt bruised and it was merely day three if you included the day of your rescue. You gratefully ate everything on your plate before putting it to the side and you took a bottle of juice and tried to open it, but your dexterity still wasn't back quite yet. Bucky quickly put down his plate onto his lap and took the bottle from you and twisted off the lid before handing it back to you and you took a grateful drink of the cool liquid. You closed your eyes, relishing in the contact. You felt parched this morning, and it was the perfect thing to bring the hydration back to your lips. You finished the whole bottle before putting it to the side on the small table, and you did a small stretch before you went to stand up.