One month anniversary

Doctor Cho and Sarah had been quick about taking bloodwork, and over the next few days your routine was the same. Bucky continued to sleep in the chair beside the bed at night, sometimes reading to you until you fell asleep. During the day Loki would disappear for a few hours to get some sleep, while Thor would keep watch. The pain was quickly dwindling down to being just annoying, and you no longer required pain medication, but the infection was still rampant in your system, a byproduct of Hydra's negligence. Thor had been overly apologetic about the thunder storm, even though he technically wasn't the cause of it. You had easily forgiven him, and told him to let it go. On the plus side, you had gotten Bucky to get into bed with you quite a few times to lay down and rest beside you so you could nap better during the day. There was just something about having him there with you, brought you a lot of comfort. Sam started to relax a bit, leaving the room for short periods of time at first, then more extended to go and flirt with Sarah. You had a feeling they were both taking advantage of their limited time together, while Tony was offering the free overtime.
When you woke up Friday morning, you felt energized and looked down to see Bucky was sleeping with his head on your stomach again. He seemed peaceful when he was sleeping, but you knew a lot of that was part of Loki's doing still. You reached down and carded your fingers through Bucky's hair, slowly waking him up and he blinked a few times before he slowly started sitting up, his bones crackling softly again.
"Good morning, beautiful" Bucky licked his lips before sitting up to this full height and gracing you with his flirty smile. He did a full stretch, his shirt riding up, giving a good look at his abs before rubbing his face with his eyes and then sitting back down. You saw Sam give you a knowing look and you flushed slightly as you moved back into the pillows, sitting up completely.
"Good morning gentlemen" you finally sighed.
"Bucky finished the book after you fell asleep" Loki told you quickly and you saw Bucky's cheeks get a bit rosy.
"I had to know if they ended up together" Bucky spoke up quickly in his own defense.
"They always end up together, that's why she likes them so much" Sam shook his head and gave you your plate, before handing Bucky his. He had already handed Loki his own plate by the door. The four of you ate in silence, and when you were done, Sam took everyone's dishes and left the room hurriedly. You slipped off the bed, and appreciated that Bucky wasn't over reacting that you were moving around anymore, he simply watched as you headed towards the bathroom and waited for you to close the door before he would look forward again. You were quick to do your business, brush your teeth and do the best you could with your hair that you could before you came back out of the room. Sarah had come every other day to take you to go for a bath, and helped you wash up, but she also came every day to help you put on your body lotion to help repair the damage to your skin. Today was going to be a lotion day, but you were grateful for having someone do your back for you. You were about to walk out of the bathroom when a knock came on the door and you opened it only to see Sarah standing there with your favorite lotion in one hand, two new hospital gowns draped over her arm, and a large smile on her face.
"Good morning" she almost sang and came into the room, closing the door behind herself quickly.
"You're early" you said, in a little bit of surprise.
"You have a busy day today, I wanted to get you on an early start" she told you quickly. She seemed to have caught herself saying too much and put her free hand over her mouth. "Nevermind that, let's get you undressed" she walked over and set everything down on the bathroom counter. You watched her curiously, but started to get undressed, holding the IV drip bags in one hand while you maneuvered out of the two hospital gowns. She passed you a pair of fresh black lace panties from the center of the hospital gowns and you happily switched your undergarments for those. You hummed happily having a fresh pair of panties on. She passed you the lotion after squirting some on her hands and moving around to do your back. You quickly started massaging lotion into your skin, starting at your neck and working your way down. The smell of Japanese Cherry Blossoms filled the room as you worked at your task.
"Someone looks well rested" Sarah commented as you both finished, and she helped you put the two nightgowns on again.
"I miss my satin" you sighed softly.
"Well, it shouldn't be too much longer," she gave a sad smile. "Let's go take your blood work" she started steering you towards the bathroom door. The pair of you walked out slowly, and you made your way back to the bed, but instead of putting your feet back up, you left them on the cool wooden floor and just enjoyed the small comfort of the wood quickly warming up to the touch of your feet. Bucky raised an eyebrow, but you gave a small shrug in response. He had left you a few times during the week to go bathe and change his clothes, but it had been a rare occurrence. You had shared a few stolen kisses when Sam had left, while Thor or Loki looked politely away so you could just enjoy the moment. You were craving a real kiss, like the one you shared one of the last days you were together before the kidnapping. A few times, you felt like you were on the crux of it, but there were always interruptions. Bucky's right hand slowly made its way to your knee, and you raised your eyebrow with a secret smile at him. He returned the smile, with one of his flirty ones and he shrugged innocently in response.
"Alright, time to get some blood" Sarah came over and Bucky had to move his hand. He gave a bit of a grimace and looked away before sitting back and getting more comfortable in his chair again. Sarah was quick and efficient at taking your bloodwork, and before you knew it she was out of the room again, after slapping on a band–aid onto your arm.
"I feel like a pin cushion" you frowned slightly, standing up again.
"Where do you think you are going?" Sam asked quickly.
"To walk around the room, like I've been doing the last few days" you grabbed the IV pole and started wandering around the room and taking a moment to smell the flowers in the room. You stopped and looked in the mirror, and your pale complexion was starting to get some life back into it. You didn't look as gaunt as you had previously. You made your way slowly back to the bed after doing a few much needed stretches, and you sighed as you slipped back onto the bed. You were feeling anxious and wanted to move around a little more.
"Patience, pet" Loki spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. "They need to deem you healthy enough to leave the room" he warned you.
"I feel a lot better" you looked at him, your face full of honesty.
"You look a lot better" Sam leaned forward in his chair and gave a smile. "My cuddle bug is finally making some headway"
"I want to see the team" you huffed a little.
"You will, soon enough" Loki promised as you covered yourself back up a little with the blanket. You had gotten a slight chill from the little bit of movement you had done. You looked at Bucky with a slight pout, and you didn't even need to ask. He stood up and kicked off his shoes before he slipped into the bed beside you, and you moved over to make room for him. He stretched out his arm so you could rest your head on his chest, and he wrapped his arm around you easily, slowly guiding his hand and up down your side until Aurora took her moment to jump up on your hip and start kneading again.
"I've got something planned for you today" Bucky kissed the top of your head, and you looked up at him quickly, excited for a change in pace.
"What is it?" you asked excitedly, a hopeful glint in your eye.
"You'll see after you rest for a little bit" he promised. "Close your eyes, and get a little bit of rest" he urged you.
"Just a small nap?" you asked, a little downtrodden you would have to wait.
"Just a small one," he nodded in confirmation. You nuzzled into his strong chest and heaved a sigh before closing your eyes. Soon you succumbed to the warmth surrounding you, and you drifted off to sleep.

"Is everything ready?" Bucky asked after a while, he was listening to your rhythmic breathing as you took slow inhales and exhales of breath.
"I'll go grab it now," Sam nodded. "She's probably going to wake up again soon"
"Just so my concerns are voiced..." Loki started.
"Yeah, you already said you ain't comfortable with it. We get it" Sam rolled his eyes. "It's their one month anniversary. Let them have this much. I can't say I like it either, but Cuddle Bug needs something normal for a change"
"The food is up in my suite" Bucky reminded him.
"That's where I put it when it came in with Friday" Sam growled a little, a little perturbed that Bucky felt the need to remind him. Sam quickly left the room, and came back a short time later with a red and white checkered blanket and a laundry basket overflowing with food, and goodies. Sam went to work quickly, draping the blanket over the pair of you so you wouldn't have to move, and he took out the fresh cut dozen long stemmed roses, and put them on the small table that was beside you. He then carefully took out the chocolate covered strawberries and placed them on the table as well. He left the room briefly, and came back with your favorite strawberry crepes that Bucky had ordered in the day before, and put the containers on the table to complete the look.
"Come on Loki" Sam placed the two cups of Starbucks on the table to the side.
"I don't think I should be leaving the room" Loki started to argue, but Sam gave him a glare that even Freya, Loki's mother, would approve of. Loki stopped short and gave a brief nod before getting up from his post and looked at Bucky expectantly. "You swear it, she will be safe?" Loki demanded.
"I'm not leaving this room, I'll text you when we are done eating" Bucky nodded. Loki huffed slightly and raised his chin regally before leaving the room, with Sam on his heels. The door closed behind Sam and Bucky gave a relieved sigh. He had been dying for a moment to have you to himself since they got you back. You had been steadily getting stronger, but the stolen kisses just weren't doing it for him. He started carding his fingers through your hair, and peppering the top of your head with kisses, to wake you up slowly. He heard you give a soft moan before your eyes started fluttering open.
"Welcome back, sleeping beauty" he teased softly, waiting for you to finish waking up.
"How long was I out?" you gave a soft yawn, until something delicious filled your senses and you raised your head off of Bucky's chest a little bit.
"A couple of hours, you still need it" Bucky chuckled at the confused look on your face, seeing the door closed and the new blanket to start.
"What's this?" you asked, sitting up more, trying to be mindful to not move too much with your hand that had the IV in it was still up behind Bucky's head.
"Our one month anniversary" Bucky grinned proudly. "I even talked Loki into giving us some privacy for an hour or two" he sat up, giving you freedom to move as you wanted.
"It's just us?" you asked in surprise.
"That's the way I planned it," he nodded, watching your facial reactions closely as you took in the chocolate covered strawberries, the crepes, the Starbucks, and finally the roses. You reached for the roses first and took a deep inhale of their scent. They were pink, so they would stand out in the room.
"Bucky, this is wonderful" you cooed to him.
"Anything for my dame" he grinned and he reached for a chocolate covered strawberry and slowly brought it up to your lips. You gave a shy smile, and opened your lips and he put it in your mouth. They had already had the stems removed, so you could easily eat them by popping them in your mouth. The flavors and juices exploded in your mouth as you chewed happily on your strawberry, loving the chocolate infusion. You took a strawberry, and raised it up to his lips and he ate it whole as well. He quickly finished chewing and audibly swallowed before he shifted slightly on the bed to give you more room. He pushed off of the bed and pulled the small table so it was over your lap, and fed you another strawberry. You purposely brushed your lips against his fingers and he grinned in response. He put the crepe container in front of you and opened it up and you smiled happily, giving a slight squeal seeing one of your favorite crepes in front of you again.
"Just delivered this morning" he winked at you.
"You went through a lot of trouble for this, I feel bad I didn't get you anything" you pouted slightly.
"Just having you back is enough for a lifetime" Bucky shook his head, and started to open his own crepe. He watched and waited for you to take your first bite, and you hummed happily as the familiar texture and flavor first touched your tongue. You had almost forgotten how much you enjoyed these, making due with Sam's homemade peach ones a few times during the week. Bucky smiled proudly, seeing a tint of pink on your cheeks as you continued chewing slowly, clearly savoring your food. He knew he made the right choice just by your physical reactions and movements. He slowly started eating his own crepe, musing it had been too long since he last had his last one from the food truck. He watched as you took a sip of your Starbucks and you hummed happily again.
"I missed all of this so much," you sighed happily.
"The date's not over," Bucky grinned proudly. He was glad that he had set this up, the smile alone on your face was worth the extra effort and the few minutes away from you during the week.
"Oh?" you asked, cocking an eyebrow and looking at him curiously as you reached for another chocolate covered strawberry and popping it in your mouth. He watched almost hypnotized as your lips went around the strawberry, and he watched you slowly savoring your food.
"I only bought us a few hours, sadly" he admitted. "But I'm going to make the most of it," he promised. He quickly finished his crepe, and was surprised you reached over and wiped some of the stray whipped cream on his cheek off with your thumb, and then watched as you licked your thumb. He remembered doing that to you the second outing, when you let him come to the farmer's market with you and Sam. Steve had been with you as well, and he remembered Steve urging him to make a move, and he had felt so unsure at the time. You had seemed so confident as you walked through the farmer's market, and had stopped to talk to so many vendors as if they were old friends. That thought made Bucky pause for a moment, realizing they all had likely wondered what happened to you. Once he knew it was safe for you again, he silently vowed he would take you to the farmer's market again. You took a strawberry and lifted it to his lips and he purposely brushed his lips against your fingers as he sucked it into his mouth. The two of you continued feeding each other strawberries, moving closer to one another quite slowly. Bucky made small talk about what the team had been up to while you were in your room all week. You started to ask about the big mission you had sent them on, but he had shaken his head. He didn't want to remember it, because coming home had nearly broken his heart when he saw the state of the lab.

You had enough of playing this game of feeding each other and making small talk. You felt strong enough now, and there was something you wanted more than you wanted food. You slid your legs off the side of the bed and your feet went onto the bare floor. Bucky must have recognized the look in your eyes, because his gaze suddenly became hungry as his eyes flicked to your lips. You pushed the table to the side carefully, not wanting to upset the now empty bowl the strawberries had been in, or the remainder of your drink.
"There's something I've been wanting..." you flushed a little, trying not to lose your confidence.
"I'm three steps ahead of you" Bucky growled slightly in the back of his throat and he got to his feet and bent forward so his face was just in front of yours. You reached up and grabbed the front of his top, while his right hand snaked in behind your neck and he tugged at the exact same time and his lips brushed against yours hungrily. You could automatically feel the electricity in the air as his lips massaged against yours. His tongue licked a strip along your bottom lip and you opened up eagerly for him. He tasted like whipped cream, chocolate and strawberries. You were in pure Heaven. You barely recognized that the lights had started flickering in the room as his face tilted to the side and he deepened the kiss further. It was like every nerve ending became alive with his kisses and you gave a soft whimper while he moaned into the kiss. He pushed you backwards slowly, and you broke away from the kiss long enough to get situated up on the bed more, and pulled him down to come lay with you. He crawled up on the bed, over top of you, trying to be mindful of keeping his body weight off of you as much as possible as he continued to ravish your mouth. You heard something in the room pop, but didn't care about that for the moment. Bucky's hand started traveling up and down your side, pausing beside your breast, and you thrust your chest up, trying to urge him to touch you. You heard another pop and glass breaking and the pair of you broke apart to see a few of the lightbulbs in the room were still throwing off electricity, but the glass bulbs themselves had exploded.
"What the..." you looked around confused.