Decrypting data

When you were headed back to the lab, Bucky required several reassuring kisses while you were leaving. It was like he was anticipating that he was not going to be seeing much of you for the rest of the week. You wanted to tell him how important your findings were, and that you just needed a little more time, but you also didn't want to worry him in case it was over nothing.
As you sat down, Bruce, Tony and Steve shortly joined you after, and they closed the door behind them for privacy.
"You three don't need to be here" you frowned as you sat down at your desk.
"I'm here for moral support and in case you need anything. I'll be working on my experiment anyways. I'm trying to solve his equation on gamma radiation and how to take it out of the human body" Bruce explained as he went to his work station.
"I want to know what's going on," Steve said with an air of authority. "We just got the doctor, what else could possibly be this important?" he gave a heavy sigh.

"And I'm helping you. Gimme half the files" Tony went to his work station and fired it up again. You connected your VPN and sent half of the files you hadn't touched to Tony and Steve stood in the center of the room with his arms crossed and waited expectantly for an explanation. The three of you left him unanswered as you dove into your work, and Steve finally went over and pulled up a chair and sat right beside Tony and glared at him.
"We think there's another attack being staged and we are decrypting data to find out if we are right" Tony huffed and finally told Steve.
"Are we sure?" he asked, a little surprised.
"No," Bruce answered from his station.
"The data has more encryptions on it, making it a little harder to crack to know for sure. The only thing we can do is go through it file by file and see what we can find. It took me a generous portion of the day to figure out the way they encrypted them, decrypting them from here should be a lot easier" you replied, your eyes never leaving the computer as your fingers danced across the keys.
"Where did you get the data?" Steve asked.
"Fury, it's one of his projects he sent to Y/N" Tony shrugged as he combed through the files.
"Does Fury know?" Steve asked quickly.
"No, I didn't tell Nick yet because we don't know if it's old data or not. It could be the first attack months ago that they made and got me instead" you sighed as you continued with your work.
"You should go and make sure Bucky and Sam don't make their way in here" Tony was kindly asking Steve to leave.
"This is a little more important. I'll hang back, but I'm not leaving" Steve stood up and brought his chair over to the door and sat down in front of it while you and Tony worked on decrypting the data.
You worked for hours, and Steve had kindly went to get the three of you something to drink on a few occasions, but you worked tirelessly. More data was decrypted, but it was more about gun sales and future bases. By midnight you could tell Bruce was exhausted but staying politely to keep you company. You could keep going if you could just have a fifteen minute power nap. Tony seemed to still be buzzing with energy and wasn't slowing down.
"Alright, that's it for you tonight" Steve decided, walking over to you with purpose. "You promised Bucky to come to bed," he reminded you.
"But the data..." you trailed off while shaking your head.
"Can wait. I'm tired too" Tony announced, and you knew it was more for your own, and Bruce's benefit.
"We need more data, we are three quarters of the way through it, and It's all just fragments," you frowned.
"We will resume missions tomorrow, I'll send out the message" Steve promised. "Bucky will be gone, will you be okay with that?" he asked.
"I have to be," you nodded.
"Good, everyone getting more data will give us more insight hopefully" Tony sent out a mass message that everyone was on missions tomorrow and you shook your head and giggled as Steve's phone pinged.
"Bucky and Sam are going to be upset" Steve sighed.
"I need data" you gave him your best doe eyes and Steve nodded.
"I'll handle them. Come on" Steve gestured to the door and waited. You got Friday to continue decrypting the data, and left your computer running. You got up and followed Steve, with Bruce and Tony close behind to go upstairs and to bed.

When you got to the bedroom, Bucky was pacing the room with Sam seated in the living room. Thankfully Steve was just behind you as you walked in the door. You immediately went to the kitchenette and gave Aurora and Alpine some treats. Aurora was for sure pregnant, and she was definitely showing.
"What the hell punk?" Bucky demanded from Steve right away.
"We talked about this" Steve took his captain's stance and crossed his arms.
"But we... I just..." Bucky threw his arms up in the air.
"What tinman was trying to say is we just finished bringing in one of the big fish, is this really necessary?" Sam asked.
"Yes," Steve nodded.
"Baby, Sammy..." you sighed and got up from where you were perched on the floor. "I found some clusters of enemy bases that are bringing in a lot of vital data and Shield can only do so much. I need the data to make sure we are keeping the world safe from their little projects" you told them as much as you dared.
"But who's protecting you?" Bucky asked quickly.
"Tony and Bruce aren't on missions. Tony's got a very high tech suit, a panic room and a Hulk. I'm going to be safer than you guys are" you gave a reassuring smile.
"You'll stay in the lab as much as possible?" Bucky asked worriedly.
"You know I won't leave unless it's meal time or bedtime if you aren't there" you giggled, and walked over to him and wrapped your arms around his heavily muscled chest. "Now did my big grumpy man get some sleep today?" you cooed to him.
"No" he relaxed in your hold and wrapped his arms around you.
"You have a big mission tomorrow. Come on, let's sit down for a minute, and then we will go to bed handsome" you gave his cheek a kiss.
"I still don't like it" Sam grumbled.
"You'll deal with it" you said in a singsong voice and sat down beside him. He automatically put his arm around you and you snuggled into Sam. Bucky sighed and sat on the other side of you, while Steve came around and sat on the chair.
"Is Aurora pregnant?" Steve asked in surprise.
"I think so, we might have little marshmallows on the way" you giggled.
"Did you want me to bring her to the vet to make sure everything is going okay?" Bucky asked a little unsurely.
"You can if you want to," you nodded. "Just let me know how much the vet visit is, and I'll send you back the money"
"No, they are my kittens too," Bucky shook his head. "Alpine is the only culprit in this case" he added with a chuckle, looking at his cat proudly.

"Speaking about babies, when am I getting some more nieces and nephews?" Sam asked and you flushed.
"In good time" you hid your face under his arm.
"Have you two talked about kids?" Steve asked, relaxing a little bit.
"We did! She agreed to have kids with me" Bucky said proudly, and without reservations.
"That's a big step. Are you taking precautions and having Doctor Cho or Bruce look to make sure it's safe?" Steve asked, seeming invested.
"No, I never really thought about it" you admitted, starting to mentally calculate how long its been since your last period and realized you were quite late. You cleared your throat and wondered if it was too late to do that check.

"We can have them take a look this week sometime" Bucky shrugged. "Everything should be fine. It's just biology"
"With a little supersoldier serum and electric abilities mixed in" Sam cleared his throat.
"We will be fine" you assured Bucky when you saw the look of panic on his face. "Now you're tired, and starting to overthink. Let's get you to bed" you got up from Sam's warm cuddles.
"Just like that Cuddle bug?" Sam asked with a smirk.
"You three have missions in the morning, and tonight my mission is to make sure you make it to bed. Come on, up you get" you gestured to him. Steve stood up and you went over and gave him a tight hug before going to Sam and giving him one as well. They both clapped Bucky on the shoulder and left.
"And you sir, you are coming to bed" you took Bucky's hand and led him into the bedroom. You looked around and saw the bedding had been changed to a light blue sheets and blankets, and the bedroom had been cleaned. You awarded Bucky with a kiss on the cheek and pulled him to the bed. He slowly started getting undressed and you took his clothes and just threw them in the hamper. He sat on the edge of the bed and you smirked knowing how much he loved to watch you. You slowly pulled your shirt off, and his eyes watched you with rapt attention. Next you went with your pants and socks. You finally took off your bra and threw it all in the hamper. Bucky licked his lips watching you and you smirked.
"Ready for bed?" you asked, hands on your hips.
"I want to feel your skin on mine" he said in a raspy voice.
"You need sleep, but I'll forego the negligee if you promise to sleep" you smiled at him.
"Maybe in the morning?" he asked a little hopefully. You giggled and kissed him lightly on the lips before getting into bed and snuggling in. Bucky wrapped his arms around you and held you close, and within minutes he was asleep.