Back to meals

Over the next couple of days, Bucky barely left your side seeming to be concerned that the trick with the electricity would happen again. You lost track of time, or the day of the week it was. You were going a little stir crazy, and got up more often to walk around the room. The one good thing that came out of it, was Tony finally deemed you safe to be around the compound. Hydra seemed to have lost interest for now, and were licking their wounds. All of their deep websites you had found had previously, had been taken down already, and your programs had nothing to run on any longer. You were eager however, to get back to work, and processing the data the team had found while you were held captive. You knew that you had to talk to someone first before they would let you near any of the computers. Your biggest hope was being allowed to go back to your bedroom again. The hospital bed left a lot to be desired, and you wanted to have your kingsize bed back. You knew that might also mean the nightmares might come back, since Loki wouldn't be watching over you any longer, but you felt stronger now, and thought that you would be able to handle them if they were to come. You were better equipped now at least, you felt stronger, and you knew when you woke up you were at the compound and not in some dingy cell any longer. You always had Bucky, and Loki there when you woke up. Most times Sam was there too, but he left the room periodically for food, or to go see Sarah.
This morning you woke up like most mornings, only you were pleasantly surprised that Bucky hadn't gotten out of bed after you had fallen asleep like he normally did, and slept on the side of the bed. No. This morning he was still sleeping on the bed beside you, holding you tightly in his arms.
"Good morning" Loki whispered as you were taking in your surroundings.
"Loki, thank you for another nightmare free night" you gave a small smile.
"It's my pleasure, it's one of the few comforts I can bring you" he bowed his head slightly.
"People should know you are a big old softy" you yawned and nuzzled your head into Bucky's chest a little more, listening to the rhythmic beat of his heart in his chest.
"I reserve my kindness for those that are deserving of it" Loki corrected you quickly. You gave a small smile in response and gave Bucky a chaste kiss on the chest. You felt him move slightly in his sleep, and knew instinctively he was starting to wake up. He did a small stretch, and automatically kissed you on top of the head, pulling his right hand through your hair for a moment. You thought back to how he used to run every morning before breakfast and you felt selfish for keeping him there with you so much.
"Mornin" Bucky yawned, giving the top of your head another kiss.
"Good morning handsome" you yawned again. "You need to get up," you decided.
"Why?" he pulled back from the warm cuddle, a little confused.
"You need to start doing your normal schedule again" Your voice was a bit croaky this morning.
"No doll, not yet. I'm not ready" his voice came out a little gravelly.
"I do enjoy waking up in your arms, however" you cooed softly to him and he chuckled slightly.
"I'm enjoying that too" he gave you another kiss on top of the head. "It's much better than the chair" he gave another slight stretch on the bed.
"This bed is too small," you whispered.
"It's big for what we need it for, which is only you" Bucky reminded you.
"I miss my bedroom" you pouted, squirming slightly against him. "I miss my satin sheets and big comforter, and all my teddy bears"
"Tony did have your room cleaned this week, they are anticipating that you'll be able to go back to your room shortly" Loki informed you quickly.
"Good, that will get you off guard duty" you looked over at him.
"No, I choose not to" he shook his head in response. "I do not feel comfortable enough for that yet," he continued.

"Good morning!" Tony called out loudly while walking into the room, making you jump a little.
"Good morning" you looked at him a little grumpily.
"Good news, your infection is down enough we can take out the IV. I beat Doctor Cho here so I could spread the cheer" Tony grinned as Doctor Cho came in behind him.
"Is it true?" you asked in surprise.
"It's true, I'm here to take it out so you have more mobility" Doctor Cho started making her way over to the bed. Bucky squirmed slightly and got out of the bed and moved to the side while Doctor Cho came over and put pressure where the needle was before pulling it out and quickly putting a cotton bob and piece of tape over it tightly. You moved your arm around experimentally and sat up on the bed while Doctor Cho started looking you over, and taking your blood pressure and pulse. "We are still working on what Hydra did to you" she whispered, and you nodded your head in acknowledgment. "But you no longer have to stay in here" she gave a smile and you heaved a sigh of relief.
"No, we didn't talk about that" Tony shook his head, disagreeing with that statement.
"Tony, it's time. I don't even know what day of the week it is anymore" you sighed heavily.
"It's a lot of stairs" he chewed on his bottom lip anxiously.
"I need to get my strength up again" you gave a soft giggle, seeing him so anxious. "You said so yourself, I'm safe now"
"Just give it a few more days." Tony crossed his arms, seeming closed off from further pursuit of this conversation.
"Can I come to the table to eat now?" you asked a little excitedly.
"If it doesn't make you too tired" Tony waited a moment before answering.
"It would do her some good to move around a bit more" Doctor Cho gave her two cents.
"I'm coming now" you slipped off of the bed, and Bucky automatically put his hands out and you teetered slightly towards him but you put your hands on his shoulders to steady yourself.
"Breakfast isn't ready yet" Tony chuckled a little, feeling a little nervous over you leaving the room today.
"Now you'll need to take the antibiotics still, just to make sure" Doctor Cho took a pill bottle out of her pocket and handed it to you. "Three times a day for ten days" she added.
"Got it" you nodded, feeling excited for a change. You took your hands off of Bucky's shoulders and made your way to the bathroom and closed the door behind you before using the facilities and washing your face. You took a moment to brush your hair and teeth before sighing happily. You came back out and Doctor Cho was gone, as was Tony, but Sam was back. He was holding a stack of clothes for you and you smiled, feeling almost giddy.
"I heard today was the day, and figured you wanted to wear something of your own, Cuddle bug" he handed you the stack of clothes and you hurried back into the bathroom. You slipped on your pink satin panties and bra, before slipping on the yoga pants he brought for you that were black. You took a look at the t-shirt and saw it was his signed falcon t-shirt and you squealed slightly before you put it on. It reminded you slightly of the ruined Iron Man t-shirt and your stomach churned slightly. You saw a spark coming from the electrical socket in response to your moment of anxiety and you held out your fingers to it, feeling the spark come out again. It touched your fingertips, but it didn't hurt. It felt good, like it was an extension of your own being, it almost tickled. You calmed down almost immediately and the lights flickered in the room as the blue light traced around your fingers. You pulled your hand away in response to the lights flickering, and it all returned to normal. You filed that information away, promising yourself you would tell Bruce and Tony in confidence just in case it was something to do what Hydra had done to you. You came out of the room and the first thing you saw was Sam's big smile, as though he had won first prize at the fair.
"You look perfect," Bucky grinned from his chair. You purposely made your way to him and paused for a moment before you slid into his lap and wrapped your arms around his shoulders, giving him a kiss on top of the head. He immediately wrapped his arms around you to make sure you didn't slip off, and he spread his legs out a little more to anchor you.
"You forgot her slippers" Loki pointed out.
"She likes the feeling of the cool wood floor under her feet. I didn't forget a thing" Sam defended himself quickly.
"She has a compromised immune system, dare I say it would be more important to have something on her feet for now" Loki magicked a pair of pink slippers on your feet with a casual wave of his hand and you shuffled your feet slightly looking down at them.
"Thank you Loki" you didn't forget your manners. He nodded in acknowledgement and sat back in his chair. You wiggled slightly in Bucky's lap and he gave another chuckle.
"I told you if you spent enough time around me, I'd make you a morning person" he whispered softly into the shell of your ear.
"I woke up in your arms, that's enough reason to be happy" you gave a soft sigh, feeling a tingle go up your spine.
"I'll have to make that happen more often" he kissed your cheek, purposely lingering for a moment longer at your cheek. You loved the feeling of his stubble against your skin and gave a slight shiver.
"You two could slow down a bit, my old heart can't take this" Sam quipped.
"I don't think so" you shook your head.
"Not on your life, bird brain," Bucky said at the same time. "It's bad enough we can't spend our couple time together"
"That will come soon enough, I should think" Loki responded easily. "Breakfast is nearly ready, are you ready to see the team?"
"Born ready" you grinned from ear to ear. You were excited to see everyone again.

You were slow to walk out to the dining room, but you were determined to walk on your own to the table. Bucky walked slowly beside you, matching each of your steps with his right hand on your lower back as you walked.
"Y/N!" Peter stood up a little excitedly when he saw you come into the room.
"It's about time!" Clint got up and went over to give you a brief hug.
"We were worried you'd never fight off that infection" Scott sighed from his spot at the table.
"It's good to see you again Princessa" Pietro gave a warm smile.
"It's good to see the team again, I was starting to wonder if I'd ever get out of that room" you giggled slightly. Bucky pulled out a chair for you and you sat down before he pushed it back in. You looked up and saw your reflection in the window behind Peter and you still looked quite pale and a little haggard. You felt a wave of anxiety hit you and the lights started to flicker in the room making everyone look around curiously and their gazes landed on Thor.
"It's not me" Thor shook his head immediately. You frowned a little, and took in a deep breath, trying to calm yourself. You remembered what you had just done in the bathroom with the electricity and realized that it might very well be you, but you weren't sure yet. You saw Bruce look at you curiously and you looked away feeling a little anxious about it again. The lights flickered again, but quickly stopped once you calmed yourself down a bit. Food started getting passed down the table and Bucky, who was sitting on one side of you, the opposite of Sam, stopped and he filled your plate with extra food before passing the platter to Sam.
"Bucky" you gave him a playful slap on the arm.
"You need to build your strength back up" he gave a boyish smile and chuckle. You immediately set about eating your food as conversation went around the table. Everyone seemed to be avoiding talking about Hydra, or doctors. You appreciated that very much. You knew that you had a psychiatrist appointment coming soon now that you were off of the IV. You had to prove you were able to work, and it would be good to talk about what happened. You weren't looking forward to it however. You didn't want to bring back those bad memories. As soon as you finished eating, you got up quickly and had to pause for a moment and you saw a few worried glances in your direction.
"Let me get that for you" Happy stood up.
"I'm okay, I need to do this. Thank you for the offer, Happy" you gave a small smile and brought your plate into the kitchen, moving slowly. You came back and sat back down between Bucky and Sam and sat back in your chair feeling overly full.
"Come on, let's get you back to the bedroom" Bucky suggested.
"I'm okay" you started to shake your head, but saw the pleading look in his eyes. "Alright" you nodded and stood back up. "But I want cuddles," you warned him. He chuckled and nodded quickly.
"We need a bigger bed" he whispered to you.
"As soon as I can go back upstairs, I vote for my room first" you said out loud, and felt your face flush, realizing what you had said. Sam burst out laughing and shook his head.
"None of that kinky stuff yet you two" Sam continued laughing.
"When she's ready" Bucky easily responded and you felt your face get even hotter. If the truth be told, if you were given the opportunity you would probably go for a very heavy make out session any moment now. You weren't sure about sex yet, you wanted it, but you didn't want to push things too quickly in your relationship yet. Bucky put his right hand in the small of your back and guided you back to the panic room to rest for a little bit before settling in your room once more.