Chapter 142 - Going Out

The Crosson base.

The luxury car glided through the air, and their bodies were pushed back into the seats by the force exerted by the expensive fission engine. They skimmed by like a meteor.

Many of the trainees on the lawn looked up in surprise.

In the dorm next door, the few A-level trainees who were still watching the variety show and eating melon seeds swished towards the window.

Ming Yao looked envious, “Who-whose car is this?!”

Zoe snorted, “The show-off King’s car.”

Inside the car.

The wind poured in from the open top, the filter screen accurately adjusting the temperature and humidity inside the vehicle. Wu Jin, who was waiting to be ‘walked’, held the little Pterosaur, who was also waiting to be walked, in his arms excitedly.

Ever since the suspension car rose up into the air, the little Pterosaur had started to go into high spirits, waking up instantly, its wings fluttering.

Wu Jin kneaded the little Pterosaur, then pinched it lightly, “Not sleepy anymore?”

The suspension car finally slowed down.

The Crosson base was a few kilometers away from the urban area. A few minutes later, they’d arrived downtown.

In front of them, a tall building rose up into the clouds, with numerous virtual projection advertisements below it. “Blue Elephant Kindergarten”, “Yu’s Home Robots”, “YBB Shopping Center”...

Wu Jin’s gaze stopped at a spot.

On the sixth floor of the building was an advertisement–– “Pet care and companionship”.

The suspension car slowly pulled into a parking spot.

The attendants politely greeted the two people who got out of the car. Many other car owners around them were staring at the luxury vehicle either consciously or unintentionally, marveling over it.

Beside them was a group of guide robots with bright eyes and either cute or sexy electronic voices, “Little brother, scan the code! Sir, scan the code! Shopping guides, electronic carriers! Do you need tickets for today’s movie! ...”

Wei Shi summoned a robot with rabbit ears over.

Wu Jin poked his head out and looked around. There were many people standing beside the pet shop, “Wow... how about I take the Little Pterosaur and line up first!”

Wei Shi nodded. “Come here.”

The man leaned against the suspension car, his strong fingers with their gun calluses adjusting Wu Jin’s sunglasses and pressing down the fluffy curls.

Wu Jin’s terminal sent out a tiny static sound. The man was satisfied, “Go.”

Wu Jin hugged the little Pterosaur and squeezed around the crowd. It wasn’t until he reached the end of the line that he remembered where the tiny static sound had come from: Two weeks ago, in the Floating City laboratory, the big boss had installed a chip into his terminal.

Although, functionally, the chip may actually be no different from Secretary Qu’s child loss prevention watch...

There were many little children in the line. Some kneaded and played with little white rabbits, some spoke with little hamsters, and others smiled and waved to Wu Jin. There were others who wanted to play with the little Pterosaur’s wings––they were soon dragged away and taught a lesson by their parents.