Chapter 196- Masked Opera

The ‘Stardust Cup’ performance competition.

The appearance of the number one seeded team from the Imperial competition zone, Northern Wolf, pushed the atmosphere up to a new peak.

The holographic remote viewing VR devices that the audience in the stands were equipped with all turned on at the same time.

Wu Jin had just put on the VR gear when dozens of official and fan commentary channels for the Stardust Cup jumped out. The commentary language and viewing positions differed for each channel. In contrast, the Crosson Show that only had one official commentary channel with only Blood Pigeon and Ying Xiangxiang as fixed commentators was really quite pitiful.

Wei Shi leaned over and switched Wu Jin to a fan commentary platform: <Watch Survival With The Little Yellow Duck>

The little yellow duck was a synthesized AI commentator that took a neutral stance. Its technical analysis was supported by the network computers and AI, and provided comprehensive coverage. Wu Jin, who could only be regarded as an entry-level fan in the ‘survival show circle’, quickly adapted to the ‘teaching nature’ of this commentator.

The Stardust Cup was similar to the Star League, but it had slightly lower requirements and was the carnival for the entire mid-season period.

The competitors would first sign up to show their faces, then start fighting for the championship when the top 32 were confirmed. In the top 32, the Imperial competition zone had 16 spots, which made them a runaway tyrant in this competition. After that, the Federation had 12 seats, and the last four seats were held by wild card teams from other regions.

The so-called wild card referred to all kinds of star regions and celestial bodies outside of the Federation and Empire...

Wu Jin paused, “Will Floating City’s team be a wild card team?”

Wei Shi nodded.

Wu Jin was suddenly excited.

Throughout the professional leagues, the wild card teams had always been a foil for the Federation and the Empire, and were beaten in almost every game.

Once the big boss made his debut from the Crosson Show and used his identity as a professional player to establish the Floating City Team, it would become the only wild card team in the arena that could beat up others! It was simply like a hot-blooded shounen manga that went up against the heavens!

Wu Jin: “Heeheehee.”

Wei Shi pondered, “Why did you become silly.”

From beneath the stage, another team from the Imperial competition zone, the Star Emperor Team appeared.

Wei Shi: “Look carefully.”

Wu Jin immediately went up to lean against the railing, observing them carefully.

The first seven players of the Star Emperor Team were all tall and strong, and dressed in red and white uniforms. Following behind them were two youths wearing orange and white.

“Trainees!” Wu Jin suddenly realized.

The Star Emperor Team had come to participate in the performance competition, but they’d also brought two trainees who hadn’t yet made their debut. The Stardust Cup performance competition wasn’t a formal event and was at most an entertainment competition. Even so, bringing their newcomers out on such an occasion made their intent to provide support for their new trainees very obvious.

Just like in Wu Jin’s memories, in the 21st century’s entertainment industry, there would always be famous singers who would bring out a small, unknown idol from backstage during their performance break, introducing the other party as their younger brother and asking the audience to support them...