Chapter 160.2- Consciousness

Noon.

The Autumn Festival fair opened. Pink balloons fluttered everywhere, and even Floating Base took half a day off. A group of young soldiers were playing basketball downstairs, and the long street outside the base was full of tourists. The sweet smell of food drifted in with the breeze.

Wei Shi sent out a message on his terminal.

Red quickly went to accept the order. A few minutes later, Red carried two bags of handheld wraps and delivered them happily to the ward.

The doctor was in the midst of checking Wu Jin’s mental activity chart. His expression was puzzled, “Everything is normal. Except for being tired, there’s no problems with the blood indicators. I don’t know why he hasn’t woken up yet...”

Afternoon.

The couriers respectfully delivered the handcrafted goods that had arrived a few months ago, and the bodyguard team sent it over to Wei Shi.

Wei Shi unwrapped the box with his bare hands. Inside lay a pair of silver and blue masks. In Floating City, the blue mask was the symbol that represented its King. The man compared the shape of one of the masks to Wu Jin’s small, round face, then signed for it.

Evening.

Within the past few hours, the remaining handheld wrap had been reheated countless times. The doctors also entered the ward frequently, and more and more people gathered at the door as the attending doctors discussed the situation amongst themselves.

“He’s been sleeping for nearly 30 hours. Other than the activity of his brainwaves, all other indicators are normal. This can’t be...”

Wei Shi suddenly stood up from his seat, and the pressure from his aura couldn’t be restrained at all.

At this time, Researcher Song came running in with his white lab coat, “Brother Wei, calm down. If the indicators are normal, it means that he’s fine. If he isn’t waking up, then don’t force him to wake up. This situation is a bit like––”

The lights in the lab turned on.

Documents were scattered all over the place. Researcher Song urged, “Go and look for the medical records left by Brother Wei during the time when there was a problem with the treatment cabin in the last course of treatment... here it is!”

Researcher Song put on his glasses and went through the original assumptions, records, and verification that he’d written. He spoke in a low voice, “Spiritual resistance.”

“When the consciousness is suddenly injured, it will spontaneously resist. Brother Wei had an accident during the last course of treatment, and the situation was similar to Little Witch’s. This time, Little Witch––because he was injured with an overdose of a N-type memory drug, going to sleep is one of the usual defense responses. The reason he can’t wake up is because––”

Researcher Song looked at Wei Shi, “Little Witch is trapped in his own consciousness. He should be trapped in his memories of the past, in the R-Code Base.”

Beneath the shadows and light, Wei Shi’s pupils constricted, “Trapped in his consciousness? Like last time?”

Researcher Song nodded. He was interrupted by Wei Shi before he could even speak, “Prepare two treatment cabins. I will bring him out.”

Researcher Song was stunned, then quickly opened his mouth, “Brother Wei, no! At the time, we asked Little Witch to save you because he was an extroversion E. You’re an extroversion S, and it’s not even certain if you can enter. Even if you go in, Little Witch doesn’t know you in the world of his consciousness. Moreover, Little Witch is very alert to danger. S’s will attack E’s, and he will not only hide from you but even be subconsciously afraid of you. If he doesn’t trust you, then you’ll have no way to bring him out––”