Chapter 158- Rescue

Floating City monitoring room.

The alarms were blaring––

Researcher Song suddenly stood up, “We’ve caught traces of Little Witch’s tracking signal! The Empire’s capital, Ark Star Harbor. The frequency of the signal was confirmed there. Go and find out which star ship just landed...”

The Floating Base tower woke up from its long period of depression.

The sound of hurried footsteps could be heard. Mao Dongqing quickly mobilized all the controls, and Wei Shi stared at the signal fluctuations on the screen.

Tens of thousands of cosmic units away from them, the pulse beat slowly and lightly.

Researcher Song’s eyelids jumped. He could imagine the thin wrist that was exposed to the Empire’s cold, damp winter air.

Mao Dongqing spoke in a low voice, “The star ship will depart in 10 minutes. The fastest time of arrival to the Imperial capital from here is five hours.”

Wei Shi interrupted, “Four hours.”

The military port connection opened up in emergency mode, and Researcher Song ran after them, only to hear Wei Shi speak forcefully, “Switch to a new energy supply, open the energy shield to the maximum, turn off the warning system, and head straight through the high-risk asteroid belt.”

The energy supply was loaded up.

Researcher Song was short on breath, his fingers tapping on the virtual keyboard, and his brain quickly working through data to finish the calculations.

“... Four hours and five minutes, the fastest possible time.” Researcher Song was struck dumb with awe.

The hatches slammed shut, and the small warship charged through the sky. And at almost the same time, tens of thousands cosmic units away––

The Empire, the Capital Star.

The security inspection robot and Shao Yu both focused their gazes on Wu Jin.

The probe was still beeping.

Wu Jin was silent. There were no metal buttons on his entire body. His left hand was in his pocket, and his expression was cold and uncooperative.

Shao Yu’s eyes shifted like electricity and locked tightly on Wu Jin’s wrist.

He could see a bulge in his pocket.

“Take it out.” Shao Yu smiled slightly, “Let me see what kind of toys you’ve hidden away, darling.”

Wu Jin slowly raised up his eyelids and pursed his lips unhappily.

The youth raised up a corner of the pocket, and silver flashed. Shao Yu, however, straightened up abruptly, his eyes flashing with excitement. He stepped forward and pulled out the metal handcuffs that Wu Jin had stolen from the star ship!

“Give it to me.” Wu Jin enunciated his words and lifted up his chin, “Give it back to me.”

Shao Yu’s breathing stalled. He loved Wu Jin’s arrogant appearance. He licked the corner of his lips and looked at the handcuffs, “So you liked this one.”

Wu Jin stared at him. His face was pale, but he looked like a baby leopard with bared teeth and flying paws.

Shao Yu’s cold fingertips rubbed against the handcuffs, and he even seemed to be trembling with excitement. His perfect customized creation enjoyed the same pure desires as he did.

The handcuffs were respectfully returned to Wu Jin by the Marquis Shao Yu. His deep voice was hoarse and unnatural, and something seemed to rattle as he said, “I will obey, my little master.”