Chapter 181.2 - Roller Coaster

Wei Shi looked at the roller coaster that was still bumping around in the distance, "White smoke, non-toxic, cheap fragrance. Condensed fat flame fuel."

Wu Jin was stunned repeatedly as he listened. The big boss's investigative skills were flawless! However, the details didn't add up to anything that was related to time--

At this time, the beacon fires across the entire mountain suddenly went out!

Their wrist watches vibrated almost simultaneously.

The number of teams that had passed three entertainment facilities had gone up from three to four.

Wei-Thin had passed the roller coaster task!

Wu Jin came back to his senses, and his expression showed his surprise, "The answer for this round can be copied. The roller coaster clearance time is 16:03. Time flows with the roller coaster, like the water in the pyramid--"

Wei Shi corrected him, "Time flows following the fire."

Wu Jin suddenly understood, "Right, it's the water rather than the boat that controlled time in the pyramid. When this model is applied to the Great Wall, it's the fire rather than the roller coaster car that controls time here. Flame, fuel, orbit... They put out the flame at the back of the carriage at 16:03, so they reached the target time of 16:03?"

Wu Jin fell into thought, "I seem to have seen this somewhere."

Wei Shi kneaded the soft, small curls, "No rush. Think about it slowly."

The memories from Wu Jín slowly unfolded and opened up.

In summer, mosquito coil incense burned slowly by the bed. Early versions of mosquito repellent incense were harmful to the human body, and a single coil of mosquito repellent incense that could be burned for six hours usually couldn't be used up all in one go.

The old director of the orphanage was slow and steady as he put a small metal clip on the mosquito repellent incense, "Two hours!"

Wu Jin, or rather, Wu Jín, nodded and smiled, and obediently did two hours of homework.

When the mosquito repellent incense slowly burned towards the iron clip, the heat was absorbed by the metal, and the incense was extinguished. Wu Jin happily tossed aside his exercise book and went to the small library that had been donated by a kind-hearted person to read books.

This ancient timing method that used incense and an incense plate was still in use in the 21st century.

Time, in the context of the Chinese civilization, was also related to intent. Brewing a cup of tea, or a stick of incense.

"The roller coaster is a clock that uses fire to measure time!" Wu Jin spoke excitedly, "The intricate track is like the incense coil used for tracking time in Ancient China. There is a time scale based on the incense, and as time goes by with the burning of the incense, that's how much time remains..."

Wei Shi praised, "Yes, the fire clock."

Water and fire were the oldest methods for keeping time. The water clock originated from Ancient Egypt, and the fire clock originated from China.

Off in the distance, Thin Fire jumped down from the roller coaster, waved at Wu Jin, and turned to leave.

The smoke in the Great Wall's gate tower went out.

Now that they were closer, Wu Jin could squint and see the artwork on the bricks of the Great Wall.

The brick art was as beautiful as ink and paper paintings.