Chapter 191- Changing

The test paper was pasted onto Wu Jin’s forehead. It went from the original inconspicuous and faint purple color to a slightly transparent pale purple macaron color.

After a bout of intense exercise, Wu Jin was panting for breath, and his cheeks carried a healthy glow. He was like a marshmallow baked on the stove that was just about to turn soft.

Wei Shi nodded.

Even before Wu Jin had time to protest against being pasted again, the big boss had picked him up and brought him to the car.

“Time to eat.”

Wu Jin immediately followed behind him happily.

Winters in Floating City were too short. After autumn ended, it seemed like spring had arrived in the blink of an eye.

The entire city was once again permeated with a sweet fragrance. After the ‘Autumn Festival’ was successful in bringing in a large number of tourists, the Floating City Tourism Bureau began to plan for a ‘Spring Festival’, a ‘Summer Festival’, a plum blossom festival, a narcissus festival...

At this time, they were currently holding a ‘flower naming festival voting event’ on the streets, and the next tourism festival was now a choice between a ‘Rose Festival’ or a ‘Plum Blossom Festival’. It was the ultimate showdown between rose and plum blossom enthusiasts.

Two animated Floating City mascots acted as the ambassadors for the two flower types, and each vote cost 10 credits. On the other side of the street, on a street corner, the long lines filled with Floating City residents were frantically spending money for these two ‘virtual people’.

At the end of the downtown area was the city lord’s office––

Floating City was located at the border of the Star Region, and the city had originally been established as the city owner’s private domain. Even though the city-state system had been improved and reworked in recent decades, the city lord was still a symbol that the city couldn’t ignore.

The small mailbox that belonged to the city lord was just beside the street.

Half a month ago, men and women of marriageable age were still sending love letters through the mailbox.

Ever since the city lord’s personal status on the ‘honest and clean government bulletin board’ had been updated and changed to ‘married’, the latest trend has been to put coins into the mailbox in order to pray for a chance to lose their single status.

The streets were bustling, and the shops were full of people.

Wei Shi stood at the entrance of a bakery with his arms crossed over his chest. There was a banner placed across the door of the bakery: ‘Warmly celebrating the City Lord’s newly married status, buy three egg tarts and get two more for free’. A while later, Wu Jin came out from the queue with 25 delicious egg tarts in his arms.

Wei Shi skillfully took over the paper bag.

Wu Jin fished out an egg tart and uncovered a little bit of the big boss’s mask to hold it up to Wei Shi’s mouth.

His movements were smooth and practiced.

Wei Shi evaluated, “Very sweet.”

Wu Jin immediately beamed with joy and expressed that he’d eaten a full seven types of egg tarts just to determine that this pile was the best!

The two of them walked through the crowded downtown area. Wu Jin ate egg tarts, chilled noodles, ice cream, and kebab skewers. He solemnly expressed that only when salty and sweet were mixed together would he have a very good appetite.