Chapter 154- Oranges

The clouds outside the window were scattered and sparse.

The living environment for the entire Azure Cosmos had been artificially created. Each of the four big cities maintained their own oxygen and temperature control, having carved out livable spaces from the originally barren landscape.

Floating City’s seasonal changes were usually determined by the Meteorological Research Office and the Tourism Bureau. As a result, autumn was particularly long, and winters were short, followed by an early spring.

The day of the Autumn equinox was also referred to as the ‘Autumn Festival’.

At this time, there were only a few days left before the Autumn Festival, and the entire city had undergone both magnificent and luxurious decorative changes.

Looking down from the high tower of the Floating City military base, one could see the city with its blurred lights and shadows. The moat was stained pink with genetically improved cherry blossom petals as well as the flamingos who’d taken over the banks.

Further inwards, law enforcement guards had surrounded Red, who’d just come back, and were listening to him show off. Arjun came in from somewhere, leading a flamingo on a rope, and he paced in an imitation of the way Mao Dongqing walked the guinea pig. While walking, he even imitated the way Mao Dongqing spoke.

The young men of the guard team wanted to laugh but ultimately didn’t dare to. Zhou Nan, the psychologist, sat in a corner and smiled as he peeled an orange and stuffed it at Wu Jin.

In the tower, Wei Shi retracted his gaze.

Researcher Song opened up the terminal’s projector, “All of the relevant information is here.”

“The research on making a ‘scabbard’ for the ‘swords’ was set up 40 years ago. However, the technology is far less sophisticated than the creation of human-shaped weapons.”

“According to Mr Wu’s memories when he entered the emotional lock, the memory of ‘children lined up to enter the transformation room’ should have been his first experience undergoing a transformation between the ages of 6 and 8. What’s more, I heard Mao Dongqing say that Little Witch saw a purple-brown closed door in his memory, with a dense diamond decorative pattern––like eyes.”

Wei Shi’s eyebrows were twisted together, and the look in his eyes was deep and frightening.

Researcher Song sighed, “Doctor Zhou Nan said that his claustrophobia is related to this. However, last time when I went to the R-Code base, nobody was able to find the door. Based on the description of the pattern––it’s very similar to the outside door for the genetic reproduction room.”

“Little Witch’s blood test with its high concentration of MHCC resistance as a side effect also supports the fact that he’s been genetically transformed. And, I’m guessing, the dosage for the first modification was quite large.”

“Of course, none of this is as convincing as direct evidence.” Researcher Song glanced at Wei Shi and spoke again slowly, “News came in from the technical team yesterday.”

“The surveillance chip that was destroyed at the R-Code Base back then has been restored as much as possible. We were able to extract video recordings from 10 years ago.”

Wei Shi paused, “Open it.”

The recovered surveillance video recording wasn’t very clear, but researchers in white lab coats could be seen walking around. This section of the monitoring was aimed at the transformation room with the highest specifications within the R-Code base. Test tubes, needles, and monitoring probes could be seen everywhere.