Chapter 170- Challenge

Wu Jin stilled.

Inside the courtyard, the young hostess who’d been waiting for them for a long time warmly welcomed the two guests.

Lisa Alfaso was around 17 or 18 years old and bore a slight resemblance to Professor Alfaso. She had a cute blush on her cheeks and was wearing a light skirt. Her lively red hair was tied up at the back of her head.

When stepping inside, Wei Shi held Wu Jin’s hand, which was trembling slightly from emotional excitement.

Lisa’s house was warm and simple, and the young girl was both nervous and excited, “Thank you for coming! It was only yesterday that Brother Wei Yan sent me a message saying that he was busy this month and couldn’t come visit, which was why he’d asked friends to visit in his stead. It must’ve been troublesome for you guys...”

On the wall, there were posters of Wei Yan, the Crosson Show’s official fan merchandise, and Zuo Botang’s little hand gadgets.

This young girl was clearly a loyal survival show fan.

“Thank you for taking care of Brother Wei Yan.” Lisa spoke sincerely, “Big brother is a little stuffy, and before he went to the Crosson Show, I was worried that he wouldn’t make any friends.”

It was just that Lisa would blush every time she looked at her two guests.

There were photos on the wall of the girl as she grew up from childhood to adulthood.

First, there were pictures of the whole family, then only Lisa and her grandfather, and finally, only Lisa herself.

Wu Jin looked at Lisa’s grandfather in the photos, the old man with white hair, and stood there in a daze for a long time.

Wei Shi gestured for him to look at the recent photos.

Wei Yan, along with several other genetically modified people of the same age, were in the photo with Lisa.

As the girl poured them tea, Wei Shi spoke in a low voice, “She’s doing well. Although the research institute withheld Professor Alfaso’s pension, Wei Shi has been subsidizing her all these years.”

Lisa came out of the kitchen, and her eyes shone as she looked at them. After watching so many episodes of the Crosson Show, the living God Wei and Little Witch were standing in front of her! Her heart almost beat out of her throat.

Wei Shi handed the bag to Wu Jin and encouraged him with his eyes.

He watched Wu Jin give the gift to Lisa.

In the sunny courtyard, the atmosphere soon became lively.

Lisa smiled non-stop, asking question after question like a curious darling. Wu Jin smiled and told her about the Crosson Show, the program producer, Jingyi, and Caesar. Occasionally, when his memory was fuzzy, he would shoot a look to the side, and Wei Shi would immediately fill in the blanks calmly.

Before leaving, Wu Jin asked Lisa for her communication number.

When the suspension car arrived, Lisa finally turned red. It was as though she’d summoned up all her courage as she asked casually, “You guys... you cooperate really well in the elimination matches...”

Lisa racked her brains to vaguely express her support for the Scarf CP, but didn’t dare to show her love for KY in front of the actual people involved.

Wu Jin’s small round face was wreathed in smiles.

“Thank you.” Then, he expressed, “We still have to work on it; we only picked up our license last week.”