Chapter 166.1- Around And Back Again

The summer wind and stars collapsed, and the earth spun.

Wu Jin’s consciousness returned, and he disappeared from Wei Shi’s arms.

Wei Shi opened his eyes again.

The wind whistled fiercely past his ears.

In front of him was the snow covered R-Code Base.

On the other side of the consciousness communication channel, Researcher Song asked about the situation, then suddenly realized, “It’s like this, there are layers in the consciousness world. Little Witch first fell into the real memories from R-Code Base, then fell into the simulated ‘21st century memories’.”

“Brother Wei, you followed Little Witch and fell down layer by layer, so you need to come up one layer at a time. However, Little Witch is going to wake up soon. Let me recommend a shortcut to you! Just cut the connection directly and come out of the treatment cabin––”

Wei Shi ignored him and stepped over the soft snow.

The wind and snow had blown away the black smog over R-Code Base and replaced it with a thick and choking haze. The snowflakes couldn’t be seen clearly, and the buildings in the surroundings were scattered. It could be seen that there was a considerable gap between the current R-Code Base and how it’d been in its heyday.

An electronic light on the notice board showed the date.

January 31, 3004.

Wu Jin’s memories of the R-Code Base at the age of 4.

Probably because the master of this consciousness world had returned to this layer of memory, the snowy skies of the base were much fiercer. The genetically modified people, instructors, researchers, and base personnel were all scurrying about in a hurry in the snow.

Wei Shi walked against the crowd, but nobody really noticed him.

At this time, he was like a ghost lingering in Wu Jin’s memory.

Wei Shi arrived at the door to the genetic reproduction room. The gloomy diamond pattern was like countless eyes that were closely interlinked together.

He pushed open the door and looked straight at the young Wu Jin.

He looked exactly the same as the little figure in the surveillance video taken from the R-Code Base.

The small, short arms and cheeks were soft and gave off a faint milky fragrance. He sat there obediently on the bench, holding a piece of cotton and pressing it against the beads of blood that oozed out from the medicine injection needle hole.

“Was the door blown open by the wind?” A researcher wearing a mask asked, “Who forgot to lock the door because of the strong wind outside?”

Nobody could see Wei Shi.

The slightly opened door let in a weak stream of light, and the cold wind blew over the ground, the medical equipment, the hospital bed, and the wall that Wu Jin was sitting against.

The little baby opened his eyes and looked at the bright beam of light. Then, his expression leapt up. The cotton was no longer pressed to stop the bleeding as he reached for the spot of light on the wall.

“What’s he doing?” A researcher immediately came to reprimand Wu Jin, saying, “Didn’t you say that he’s the most obedient one from this batch&#k2026;”

Wei Shi strode forward, planning to leave the laboratory with Wu Jin in his arms. His translucent palm went straight through the little baby’s arm.

Wei Shi looked at his own hand.