Chapter 194.2- Tracking The Source

In the headset, Researcher Song was sharing an update with Wu Jin, “Brother Wei has already sent news back to us. The upper zone isn’t heavily fortified, and there’s only one line of defense consisting of light weaponry at the entrance. It’s not a big problem.”

“Blood samples. The blood sample comparison was a success.”

“Congratulations, we’ve found the right place.”

Wu Jin breathed a sigh of relief.

It was like having a long, complicated journey come to an end. The reagent that they’d snatched up from the top of the castle was an exact match to the part of Wu Jin’s blood that served as the ‘master key’ for the emotional lock.

Wu Jin was finally no longer the only ‘key’ for the emotional lock.

Nothing else could be heard from Researcher Song’s side.

Researcher Song, who’d served as a technician at the Federal R-Code Base before transferring to Floating City’s Research Institute, rushed along the empty corridors on the top floor of the castle.

When sounds could be heard over the headset again, it was the big boss’s voice.

“Come up.” The man’s voice was steady and low.

The upper zone had been cleaned up, and the whole area was now safe.

The corners of Wu Jin’s mouth curved up.

Just as he was about to go upstairs, he was taken aback by the huge golden cage that was pushed to a stop beside him. Wu Jin opened his mouth wide, then remembered that this was the last item he’d purchased. A cage of this size, had he won an auction for a mammoth––

The cloth that shrouded the cage was pulled off.

A cat-eared genetically modified youth pawed pitifully at the bars of the cage.

Wu Jin: “!!!”

The youth looked up to reveal a pair of strange pupils in eyes that were filled with reluctance. When he saw Wu Jin, he respectfully handed over his own control lock chip from within the cage.

Wu Jin was scared by this little wild cat and retreated a few steps. He quickly put together a sashimi salad from the food table and sent it to the cage. When Wu Jin stretched out his hand, the cat-eared youth seemed to smell the same scent of a genetically modified person and showed an almost incredulous expression before soon falling into a daze.

Wu Jin cautiously walked away from the cage holding the genetically modified youth and followed the route the big boss took, quickly making his way upstairs.

The steps leading to the upper area curved in a steep spiral.

The so-called &#k2018;upper zone’ only covered the top two or three floors of the castle. After arriving at the corridor, Wu Jin happened to run into another group of people.

The captain of Floating City’s bodyguard team gently curved his eyes when he saw Wu Jin. Behind him, the door leading to the &#k2018;master of the castle’ was half open, and shrieks and whimpering could be heard from within.

All the surveillance recordings had been replaced ahead of time.

Wu Jin walked in through the door.

The two castle masters had their hands tied behind their backs, and a group of guards were listening to Wei Shi’s commands.

On all four sides of the room, there were numerous ‘experimental subjects’ on display.

There were half dissected black cats, unknown deformed creatures whose nerves were still twitching, and dead genetically modified human subjects. They were like badges of merit for the masters of the castle, and also like tombstones that silently surrounded them.