Chapter 149 - Underground

15 black roses were packed densely together.

The wrapping paper was soft and gold, but even so, the bouquet was dull and depressing. The fragrance of roses permeated their noses, and the baby’s breath scattered amongst the roses were like algae that was about to be swallowed by a black sea.

Wu Jin was in a daze as he looked at the note that came with the flowers.

Hudi’s eyes lit up, “Wow, a rich fan! I also want to have fans send me flowers!”

Lolo, who was in the same team as them, finished brushing his teeth, pulled on a white t-shirt, and stretched out his head, “Isn’t it very normal to have fans send you guys flowers?”

Hudi immediately corrected him, “Those who can send flowers in as gifts to visitors, or those who can send something to Snow Leopard Entertainment at this time are either rich or have a high status. Besides, they’re black roses! They’re the most expensive flowers on the market. Eh, this person shouldn’t be a stalker fan, right? Yesterday, 80% of the people on the show saw Contestant Wei Shi send a rose to Brother Wu, so he also sent over a bunch of roses to compete for favor––”

Wu Jin looked at the signature and recalled something.

In the fifth elimination match, in the Palace of Versailles, someone had given him 800,000 votes. The ID of that rich tyrant had also been a single word, ‘Yu’.

Before his two teammates could react, Wu Jin quickly stopped the staff member who’d delivered the flowers just now, “Hello, can I ask who sent the flowers...”

The staff member scratched the back of his head, “A gentleman, wearing sunglasses. I couldn’t see his face clearly. Hey, he’s standing down there––”

The curtain swished open. The Snow Leopard Entertainment building square was empty.

Behind him, Lolo whispered to Hudi, “Why are they black? It keeps giving me a scary feeling.”

Hudi: “...... Black roses mean, ‘You are the devil, and you possess all of me’. I’ve seen female artists, who go the sexy route, get given black roses before, but who could’ve thought that they would be given to Brother Wu now? But then again, with this kind of rich fan, let alone the flower language being related to the devil, even if the flower language means that they think of me as a worm, I’d still be willing!”

Wu Jin stood there holding the flowers foolishly. Zhuang Fan came over, “Just take it. For better or worse, it’s still a fan’s good intentions.”

Wu Jin immediately made a sound of acknowledgement and carefully set the flowers on the windowsill.

Seeing his stumbling and careful movements, Zhuang Fan was a little scornful, “What kind of expression is that? Are you afraid the flowers will eat you?”

Wu Jin thought about it seriously. He still needed to inform the company about it. After all, he was still nothing but a poor little trainee––

Zhuang Fan snapped his fingers, “Let’s go. There’s another fierce battle today.”

Wu Jin followed obediently. Behind him, Hudi was still gushing to Lolo, “15 roses represents an apology. Now that I think about it, this rich person who is sending flowers to Brother Wu might know nothing about flowers!”

Wu Jin, who was now at the end of the group, suddenly paused for a moment.

He turned to look back at the window.

The square was empty, but perhaps due to the glare from the morning light, it gave birth to the idea that he was being spied on.

A few minutes later, the variety show guests all gathered at the entrance to the building. Wu Jin was full of fighting spirit, and entered an energized state once again.