Chapter 202.2- Rehearsal

On the stage, the first section of music began to play.

The harsh sound of the speakers sounded through the partitions, and the sound made Wu Jin’s scalp go numb. The rapper of the first section of flow was sent up onto the stage via the lift platform.

Nicholas.

“The audience is my bro, the stage is my flow, hey, hey, hey you know...”

Wu Jin’s eyebrows pulled together in pain. Nicholas hadn’t found the beat at all, but fortunately, he’d recorded and fixed up his voice in advance. Even so, the entire flow was an insult to a rapper!

The sixth––

Wu Jin suddenly froze. His ear had caught an extremely small sound of movement. His right hand pressed on the knife handle in an instant as an extremely cold chill crept up his back!

It was as though someone with no bones had come up to slowly bend over him in the dark.

A sticky, greasy, cold body pasted itself onto Wu Jin’s back.

Wu Jin abruptly turned back!

The cold light in the youth’s eyes was very powerful. The handle of the knife cut through the air rapidly, and his elbow was precisely positioned because his waist and shoulder joints twisted at the same time––

The person behind him retreated steadily!

Behind Wu Jin was a pile of dark stage mechanisms. It was difficult to imagine that someone had been hiding here beforehand, merging into the darkness right from the start. That person’s breath was very light, and even Wu Jin hadn’t been able to discover them for the first few minutes.

Wu Jin gasped for breath.

His heartbeat calmed down from its initial rapid state, and that instant of fighting was split into parts in his mind.

The other party was very strong.

This kind of strength was quite different from the big boss and Wei Yan. He was obviously stronger than Wu Jin, but he was more cautious than he was, retreating quickly after a single blow. He was low key, cautious, had low extroversion, but he didn’t have to think twice when attacking––

A face suddenly flashed across Wu Jin’s mind.

In the first round of the Stardust Cup performance competition, at the center of the huge stadium in the Imperial capital. The King of Hearts had been shy as he smiled at the audience, constantly remaining half a step behind the other players in the game to show his respect. He was so ordinary that he was no different from any other trainee.

The King of Hearts.

Why would he be here?

Just now, it had seemed that he wanted to squeeze onto Wu Jin’s lift platform. When had he left the group of trainees and hidden amongst the mechanisms? Or, had he been hiding there from the start, waiting for the trainees to enter the platforms? Additionally, why had he set up the earlier scene––

Wu Jin narrowed his eyes, the knuckles wrapped around the handle of the blade turning back to normal from their original tense and pale state. His physical state and fighting intent surged back up to full in an instant, but he hadn’t yet had time to make his move when a ray of light suddenly shone down!

The lift platform rose up slowly, isolating him from the King of Hearts.

The bright light of the stage streamed in.

The AI instructor and rapper trainees running around the stage stared at Wu Jin in surprise.

Trainees: “......”