Chapter 211.2- Sacrifice

The crowd broke out into small discussions, with nobody willing to step into the red dance shoes that represented the curse. However, Yu Chu soon proposed a solution, “The c-position will have the most shots in the whole program. I’m inclined to suggest that those in the middle rankings give it a try. Of course, other players will have the obligation to protect the c-position, as the female ghost won’t appear when there are too many people around...”

On the stage, under Yu Chu’s gentle guidance, there was really a player who was at the edge of elimination willing to give it a try.

Wu Jin’s eyes wandered through the crowd.

The King of Hearts who was disguised as ‘September’ sat quietly in the crowd and didn’t discuss anything with anyone. It was impossible to analyze who his ally was. At this time, people in the crowd were frequently looking towards Wu Jin; there was no doubt that as a player hovering on the edge of elimination, he was the best candidate to ‘play the c-position’.

What if Wu Jin played the c-position and played himself into elimination?!

Wouldn’t that be the best thing for the rest of the players?!

However, Yu Chu was so eloquent that all the other players at the edge of elimination were equally eager to try––

Wu Jin was a little moved.

Yu Chu had taken great pains to move him out of the center of the topic at the start of the day so that Wu Jin wouldn’t be forced into the position and was given a choice instead.

However, assigning c-position for <Red Dancing Shoes> was a must.

At 6 o’clock in the morning, the AI director rushed in and took out the red dancing shoes from the cabinet. A new round of selection for the c-position began again.

Wu Jin directly raised up his hand.

He needed the c-position in order to advance.

The contestants who were still hesitating were surprised to see Wu Jin volunteering. Even Yu Chu was a little surprised.

The director smiled with appreciation, and the red shoes were handed over to Wu Jin. Because ‘there had finally been progress in the rehearsal’, a new round of scripts were issued.

Wu Jin looked down and flipped through it.

“... Not only did Karen attend her mother’s funeral in red shoes, she also went to church in red shoes. A soldier who’d been the Queen’s bodyguard stopped her and praised her beauty loudly...”

The AI director gently invited Wu Jin, “Try it, put on your dance shoes.”

At the end of the day, the program team didn’t hand Wu Jin a pair of high-heeled shoes. The dance shoes that represented the c-position were unisex, with a bright red rubber surface and slightly larger sizing, but wearing them wouldn’t hinder movement.

At this time, many trainees gathered around Wu Jin.

Wu Jin removed his combat boots and was just about to put on the shoes––

The youth’s actions stilled.

Caution was a necessary prerequisite for any choice.

While the director looked on with interest, Wu Jin reached out and lifted up the pair of red shoes, turning them upside down and shaking them above the training room floor. There was an unnatural sound in the bright red rubber shoes, followed by a clink.

A piece of broken glass fell onto the floor from the dance shoe for the right foot.

The crowd burst into an uproar.