Bad Day (Crüe) PT 2

"Vince said you wanted to see me?" Tommy asked when he popped his head into Mick's room. He suddenly felt so small under Mick's gaze.

"C'm'ere kid" Mick patted the space in front of him.

"Something wrong with Nikki?" Tommy asked as he sat down. "Vince said you managed to get him out of bed?"

"He's in the shower... He wanted pizza so Vince went out to get it"

"How..."

"He just wants someone there for him" Mick said.

"Like what Vince did for you?"

"Nikki just wants some attention... but, he's too scared to ask for it" Mick said carefully.

"What do you mean?" Tommy asked.

"He's got no idea what love is, and... neither did I" Mick said. He looked up at Tommy.

"What can I do?" Tommy asked. He hung his head in shame.

"Well... when he says go away, he doesn't mean it. But, for starters, you can go start his laundry while I make his bed" Mick cracked a small smile.

"Can I do both? What should I do when he gets out of the shower?" Tommy's eyes glistened with concern and worry.

"Guess I won't stop you from doing both. Brush his hair out, he likes that sort of thing. Have lunch with him, that's all he wants. Quit overthinking shit" Mick squeezed Tommy's shoulder. "Go get started before he gets out" he lightly shoved Tommy a bit, encouraging him to get started. "Make sure he eats. Even if it's just once piece"

"Mick?" Tommy turned around before leaving Mick's room. Mick hummed in reply. "I love him so much, I just... never knew what to do before"

"Well... now you do" Mick assured.

"Do you love Vince?" Tommy asked.

"I do"

Tommy smiled before leaving Mick's room. He heard Tommy start to pick up Nikki's room and eventually heard the washing machine start.

Mick heard Vince come home, so he threw on a pair of sunglasses before making his way out to see him.

"You know I don't like those" Vince said, pulling the sunglasses off. He smiled when he saw Mick's blue eyes. He cupped Mick's face with both hands and Mick's hands settled around Vince's shoulder blades. "Hi baby" he smiled. "How'd it go with Tommy?" He asked, stroking Mick's cheeks with his thumbs.

"He's doing Nikki's laundry and picking his room up. I just..." Mick sighed. "Hope they don't accidentally push each other away" he rested his forehead against Vince's.

"You worry too much" Vince whispered. "Go let Tom know food's here, I wanna sit in your lap while you feed me" he stuck his tongue through his teeth.

Mick playfully rolled his eyes and pulled Vince closer. He kissed Vince's cheek before they separated and Vince walked off with a pizza box.

Mick made his way to Nikki's room knocked on the door. He heard a soft 'come in' and opened the door.

Nikki was sitting in front of Tommy while Tommy was brushing his hair out.

"Hey... food's here" Mick said. He locked eyes with Nikki, who still looked a little timid, but relaxed. Mick closed the door and walked back to Vince's, who proceeded to sit on Mick's lap while being fed.

Nikki subconsciously leaned back into Tommy as he got his hair brushed.

"Hungry?" Tommy asked quietly as he finished up Nikki's hair. Nikki hummed. "I'll be right back"

Nikki scooted to the head of his bed and curled up against the wall. He heard a few bottles clink around and Tommy returned with pizza and a few bottles of soda.

Tommy put the pizza box in the middle of Nikki's bed and occupied the space next to him.

"M sorry for telling you to get out" Nikki spoke up.

"I'm sorry for just leaving... I... I'm not good at this sort of thing, but, I talked with Mick, and... I really wanna be here for you" Tommy said, looking over at Nikki.

"Thank you for making my bed... did Mick do laundry?" Nikki asked.

"Nah, I asked him if I could do both, hope I did it right" Tommy said quietly.

"You didn't have to do all that for me..."

"I wanted to, I wanna do everything you need me to do" He said, leaning into Nikki a bit. "I wanna fuss over you, tell you everything you wanna hear" he watched Nikki's eyes glisten over. "You're my best friend man, you mean the whole world to me, and more" he cupped the side of Nikki's head.

Nikki hit his forehead against Tommy's as he let out a few cries.

"You need to eat, please? Just one?" Tommy wiped Nikki's tears away.

"I'm sorry" Nikki choked out. "I'm sorry" he took a deep breath in attempt to compose himself.

"You don't gotta apologize to me man..." Tommy wiped away one last stray tear. "Just one, then if you're still tired... I'll lay here with you if you want"

Nikki nodded against Tommy's hand, basking in the warmth of his touch and gentleness. He wanted to let Tommy in, he wanted Tommy to tell him anything and everything he wanted to hear, and to be the one who just plagued Tommy's mind 24/7.

Tommy flipped open the pizza box and handed a piece to Nikki. Despite being hungry, Nikki hesitantly took the piece and started munching on it. He managed to get through the slice and took a sip of his soda. He rested his head against Tommy's shoulder and sighed.

Tommy kissed the top of Nikki's head gently.

"Tired?" Tommy asked, his voice was muffled from Nikki's hair.

Nikki nodded against Tommy's shoulder. Tommy silently closed the pizza box and put it on the floor, and laid down on Nikki's bed. He patted his chest and opened his arms for Nikki to crawl into. Nikki settled on Tommy's chest and buried his face in his hair.

"I love you, Nik" Tommy whispered. "I... don't know what I'm doing, but, maybe you can teach me? We can figure this out together?" Tommy turned his face towards Nikki.

"I'm just... too hard to love" Nikki turned away from Tommy, laying on his side.

Tommy felt his heart twinge. He slowly draped one of his arms over Nikki's waist and intertwined their legs together.

"You're not hard to love, Nikki. I'm just an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing..."

A few tears fell down Nikki's face and into his pillow. He clamped one of his hands over his mouth so he could muffle his weak and tired sobs.

"Please don't cry, Nik... please" Tommy nuzzled Nikki's neck and hugged him tight.

"Go away, leave me alone!" Nikki cried out.

He thrashed and wriggled his way out of Tommy's arms and dashed out his door, the sound reverberating through the entire apartment.

Across the apartment, Mick's eyes shot open at the sudden commotion. He heard the obvious frustration and anger that laced Nikki's voice as he clumsily stumbled through the apartment. Luckily, Mick managed get out of Vince's room and to the front door before Nikki could fully escape the apartment complex. Nikki didn't get too far. He collapsed on a set of stairs.

Mick slowly made his way down to Nikki and sat next to him.

"He said he loved me! What kind of sick shit is this?!" Nikki spat angrily in the middle of cries. "What kind of sick bastard tells lies like that?" He collapsed into a fit on Mick's lap.

Mick just sat there and rubbed Nikki's back.