Boss's Daughter (Duff/Steven)

Thank you 70sjonesy for the idea! ❤️

•••••••

Duff walked to the music store like he does every month, around the same time, same date. He had his bass on his back and some cash burning a hole in his wallet.

He walked in and was immediately greeted with one of the shop owners.

"Oh thank god, thought you went missing. Normally you come in on the 16ths, it's the 17th" Nikki, one of the shop owners, said, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

"Good to see you too" Duff said. "Where's Mick?"

"With our new kid" Mick said.

"You have a kid??" Duff looked highly confused.

"No, dipshit" Nikki smacked Duff's arm.

"Mick, he called me a dipshit" Duff said when Mick walked out of the office.

"You're both dipshits" Mick said.

"Woooow, rude!" Duff said. "Nikki your husband is rude"

"He is... Duff, you wanna be married to me instead?" Nikki joked.

"Absolutely... not" Duff's voice trailed off when their new guy came out of the office with some paperwork.

He was short, no taller than Mick, wild blonde hair, blue eyes.

"Hey Stevie" Mick said. "How're you feelin after today?" He asked.

"Good, think I got the hang of things" Steven said.

"Good... unlike some people" Mick glared at Nikki. "Are you buying stuff today?" He looked at Duff.

"Oh! Uhm, yeah, hey can you look this over while I'm here?" Duff rambled out, gesturing to his bass.

"What did you do this time?" Mick asked, taking the bass from Duff's hands. "No, know what, neck's bent, I don't wanna know what you did" and he walked over to the counter to fix it.

Duff looked at Steven, who looked a bit shy. He quickly looked away and walked off, quickly being followed by Nikki.

"What's that blush for?" Nikki teased.

"Nothing!" Duff defended himself.

"Gawd he's adorable, girls like him, you like him" Nikki said.

"I don't even know him" Duff said. He flipped through some of the vinyls the store had.

"But ya want to" Nikki bumped his hip against Duff's.

"Can I shop in peace? For once?" Duff asked.

"Since when does that happen?" Nikki teased.

Duff chuckled nervously, blushing. Steven managed to throw Duff through a loop just from one glance. Nikki was right... he was the cutest guy he's ever seen.

He continued to flip through vinyls until he settled on one. He picked up some new bass picks and some bass strings.

"Yo y'all got any new straps?" Duff called from across the store.

"Do not answer that, Nikki!" Mick called from the counter. Nikki cackled from the opposite end of the store. "Hey, Duff, c'm'ere" he said.

Duff walked over to the counter where Mick and... Steven... we're standing.

"All yours" Mick said. He put a box up on the counter. "Can you check him out, Stevie? Then you're good to go home" Mick said. "You don't have to charge him for this" he said, tapping the box. "He's our best buyer"