Love Is Blind (Mick/Steven)

"Why do you insist on wearing the most atrocious clothes I've ever seen?" Izzy asked, looking at Steven's shirt in absolute disgust.

"Uh, because it's rude not to wear things your friends give you" Steven reasoned. "Duff gave me this one" gesturing to the neon pink and green shirt with white abstract shapes on it.

"That doesn't mean you need to wear it"

Steven rolled his eyes and skipped out of the house, and to one of their local diners for a date. He went in to find that his date wasn't there yet, so he picked a table and waited patiently. He was early after all. He received a text from his date that they were on their way. He smiled and watched the door anxiously.

He saw a blind man make his way into the restaurant, dark clothes and sunglasses, and a black mobility stick to match. Steven watched as the man seemed to look around.

"Ah, I see him" the man said.

Steven tapped his toes as the man walked over to him and slid in the opposite booth.

"Pretty hard miss you" he said.

"I..." Steven stammered.

"You look nice, y'know, from what I can see" the man said, taking his sunglasses off.

"You look nice too" Steven said, he sighed warmly. "I love your eyes"

The man's, Mick, eyes were mostly clouded over, but they were still a little blue underneath.

"What color are yours?" Mick asked, feeling around the table for Steven's hands.

"Ahm..." Steven picked up his phone and displayed a bright blue screen, holding it close to Mick's face.

"Ah, that's right" Mick concentrated on the blue blur. "I'm sorry, I forget"

"It's okay, you'll remember" Steven smiled, holding Mick's hand to his cheek.

"Welcome, gentlemen" the waitress set some menus down. "Can I get you guys some drinks?" She asked.

"Do you have a..." Steven started to say. "Menu in braille?" He asked, looking at Mick.

"Oh! We do, I will be right back, want to order some drinks first?" The kind waitress asked.

"Oh, yeah, coke for me, and..." Steven trailed off, squeezing Mick's hand.

"Same for me" he said, looking, at least he tried, at the waitress.

"Be right back gentlemen" She said, walking away.

"You didn't have to do that" Mick said, taking Steven's hand and kissing his knuckles.

"I know, but, I know you don't like people having to order for you" Steven stroked Mick's knuckles.

"I love you" Mick whispered. "And it drives me crazy that I can't see you" he said quietly, he traced the callouses on Steven's hands. He hummed.

"What?" Steven asked with a gentle smile, cocking his head.

"That's why you're wearing that" Mick chuckled.

"I wasn't sure if you'd like it or not"

"Now I won't lose you" Mick said, smiling.

The waitress dropped off the menu for Mick and gave them a few moments to decide.

Steven watched Mick's fingers dance along the menu, feeling along all the bumps to read the section headlines. He hummed, earning one back from Steven.

"Typo" Mick said.

•••

Mick's bedroom was pitch black and spotless. He had a rather impressive home library though. He lived with his other friends who helped him sometimes.