Trinkets and Treasures (Mick x Steven)

Everyday it seemed that the crows dropped off little pieces of jewelry on Mick's window sill.

"I'm gonna have to start giving you money to give to whoever you're stealing from" Mick said to the bird.

"Caw!"

"Exactly" Mick said. "Hop up, come on" he extended his arm out and the crow hitched his ride. "Little thief"

The next day the crow came back with a ring, and Mick sent him away with a coin and a note. The crow came back later in the night.

"You cry a lot..." Mick murmured to the bird. "Where do you go?" He asked, wondering where he keeps disappearing off to, wondering who he keeps mimicking.

Mick spent most of his days at home with the resident menace birds, making sounds at each other.

"Can I help you, sir?" Mick asked the bird as it hopped over to him.

"Caw!"

"Use your words" Mick said.

"Caw! Hello! Good bird!"

"You have an ego" Mick muttered, holding a handful of seeds out.

"No friends!"

"Excuse me?" Mick cocked an eyebrow.

"No friends! Lonely!"

"Go outside, go touch grass and leave me alone" Mick pet the top of the crows head and opened the window. "Menace"

"Menace!"

"Yeah that's you" Mick said. He hummed when he saw his bird fly away for a while.

He was rather startled when his bird came back making crying sounds.

"Good boy!"

"Who's calling you good boy?" Mick asked. "Because you're not"

"No"

"No you're not a good boy? Or no, you're a good boy?"

"You're a good boy, good bird"

"You're a thief" Mick said, inviting the bird up by him.

"Thief"

"Exactly" Mick said. He noticed a piece of paper rolled up and tied to his crow's leg. "What do you have?" He asked, taking the paper.

I like your bird, the note read. He's nice

"Someone thinks you're nice, clearly, because they don't live with you" Mick said.

He looked around for a piece of paper and a pen.

He seems to like you too, stranger. Or your jewelry. Apologies. - Raven Estate

He tore the note off the paper and rolled it up, tying it back to the bird. He held out some seeds and a coin.

The Raven Estate. No one's lived there for years. There were abandoned classics out in the yard, growing grass from the hoods, it had a small old church on the property that was used for rituals, and there was a cemetery behind the estate. Not to mention it was completely overrun by large black birds.

Mick let the bird outside and watch it fly off. He looked out the window of the third floor, the only light being a lamp in the corner. Sometimes he'd see people at his front gate, probably wondering who lives there and why. Why on Earth would someone want to live there?

His bird came back rather quick. Mick noticed something shiny around his neck, a hoop earring.

"Pretty necklace" Mick teased. "You're not a pimp" he chuckled. He gently pet the birds head. "Were you a good messenger?" He asked, taking the paper from the birds foot.