part ii

Word Count - 3,720 words

"We'll camp here for the night!"

Erwin's night and servants began to prepare their camp, it's already night time and the emperor decided to take a break and just resume on their journey tomorrow.

Sir Levi bowed to Erwin when the emperor came out of his royal carriage. 

The blond-man removed his black coat, then handed it to his female servant. 

"We'll arrive at the border tomorrow, your majesty. That is if we don't make any stop. Please have a good night's rest tonight."

Erwin only nodded at his royal knight.

He roamed his eyes around, watching his knights and servants preparing for their night camp. The blond-man looked up at the night sky, his brows shot-up upon sighting a shooting star quickly passed by.

"Do you believe in wishes, sir Levi?"

Sir Levi's brows furrowed.

"When I was a kid, yes." 

Erwin let out a small chuckle. 

"So now that you're an adult, you don't believe in them anymore?"

"Well...it sounds silly for an adult to wish."

The blond-nodded his head, he leaned back on the carriage, folding his arms in front of his chest. 

"It may be silly of me to wish when I'm already an adult. But I wish for this conflict to end peacefully. I do not want to let another war break out. It's not us who will suffer, but only the innocent people." 

Sir Levi stared at the emperor, he kept quiet. He agrees with the blond-man. 

He doesn't want war, either.

"I'm sure everything will be fine, your majesty. Think of King Willy's reply to our message. It must be a sign that the conflict will be resolved peacefully." Levi said.

Erwin let out a sigh, he closed his eyes the moment the wind blew. Warmth fanned over his face. "I hope so." 

King Willy replied to their message of his arrival on Marley in the next few days. 

The King of Marley was okay with his sudden visit, though Erwin knows that King Willy will have some negative statements once he arrives in Marley. He's willing to talk it out. He chooses the path of peace.

"Your Majesty, please wear your coat. You might catch a cold." Sir Levi handed his coat back to him.

Erwin smiled. "How long have we been friends, sir Levi?" The blond-man asked.

Sir Levi scoffed. "Pretty long already. We've been friends even before you became emperor." The blond-man nodded. 

Levi and him have been friends for a long time already. He met Levi when he was only sixteen years old. They met at the royal university of Eldia where Erwin and he used to study. Sir Levi came from the Ackerman clan, and he's the son of the current Duchess of Wall Maria and Rose.

When Levi turned 18, he entered the knight school of the Eldian empire and he stayed there to become a royal knight.

While Erwin was busy studying, until the time he decided to revolt against Emperor Fritz. Levi became Erwin's royal knight after Erwin became the new emperor.

They were friends even before Levi became his knight and he became his emperor. 

"Your camp is ready, your majesty. You should go inside and take a rest now."