part lxii

Word Count - 2,470 words

"Emperor Smith...this is truly a shame."

Erwin kept a neutral look on his face, despite the Hizuru emperor expressing his anger and disappointment in him for what he did to the Hizuru first princess.

"You slept with my daughter without even getting married. And now you're cancelling the engagement between the two of you?! Do you take me for a fool, emperor Smith?!"

The Hizuru emperor then slammed his hands on the table. He's genuinely furious, but not because of his daughter. Erwin knows what the Hizuru emperor is really mad about. "You disgraced my daughter! You put shame on her pride and honor!"

Erwin kept his stare straight, even after the old emperor stood up, and began walking back and forth, running his mouth still.

"I won't allow what you want! You have to take responsibility over my daughter! Bring her to your empire as your concubine...!!"

A sarcastic smile crept onto Erwin's lips.

He let out a small chuckle, making the Hizuru emperor look at him with disbelief.

"You...what's so funny about all of this?"

The blond man looked at the old emperor. His smile slowly faded away, until his expression turned back into being serious and cold. "I am no fool, Emperor Hiroto."

Erwin stood up. He took out some papers from his coat's pocket, then threw it on the table in front of him. "Did you really think I wouldn't know your true intentions as to why you want me to marry the princess?"

The old emperor froze in his place.

He stared at the papers on the table.

He knows what they are because they came from him.

"You plan to extort wealth and resources from my empire using princess Keiko. Because once she becomes the empress of Eldia, she will have access to everything in my empire, and you'd take advantage of that." Erwin walked towards the old man.

He stopped in front of him, staring straight into his eyes with a cold yet terrifying gaze.

"Now that I wish to cancel my engagement with your daughter, your plans are about to be ruined, but you're going to insist even if she only becomes my concubine because what is really important to you are your wicked plans, not protecting the princess' pride and honor. Who's more shameful?"

The blond man's eyes widened, a creepy smile crept onto his lips as he stared at the old emperor who gave him a frightened look. "I know what you're going to pull next. You're going to threaten me by telling me that our empires will go to war. But..."

Erwin stepped back, keeping his eyes on the old emperor. He smiled at the old man.

"Are you sure you can defeat me?"

The old emperor gulped. He tried to speak, but Erwin is too intimidating for him.

Even if he's older, and the blond man is younger, Erwin screams more of power, authority, and knowledge. He knew it was already an end game for him. He failed.

"I am willing to keep my mouth shut and my weapons down, emperor Hiroto."

The blond man returned to his serious expression, now giving the old emperor a stern look. "We can settle this peacefully, but if you don't want it that way...then I am also willing to destroy everything you have. I'm gonna make sure to bring hell in here."

Erwin turned his back on the old emperor.

He was about to leave, but the old man spoke.

"What about my daughter? What will you do with her? Fine, you caught me. But you have a mistake in here, too. At least you should pay for that, too, emperor Smith."