part xli

Word Count - 2,165 words

Like the morning sun, warm and bright, she shone beautifully with warmth and unexplainable brightness. Even with her sleeping figure, she remained gorgeous.

The emperor dared to stare at his sleeping wife, whom he kept a tight hold in his arms for the whole night, until morning came.

It was an amazing night for him, and he knows it's the same for Y/n. He will always remember his first night with his empress.

"Hmm..."

A smile crept onto the blond man's lips, seeing Y/n's brows furrow because of the sunlight that shone on her. He raised his hand up, shielding her face from the sun.

Just when he thought the empress would remain sleeping, Y/n slowly opened her eyes. Still sleepy, she innocently stared at him. "Good morning, empress." He flashed the h/c-haired woman with a small smile.

Y/n seemed to have completely woken up.

Blood rushed to her cheeks upon her, remembering everything that happened between her and her husband last night.

Erwin was amused when Y/n hid her face, burying it onto his chest out of extreme embarrassment. He let out a chuckle as soon as he realized why Y/n suddenly hid.

"There's no need to be embarrassed, empress. Can you look at me, please?"

Y/n shook her head.

The emperor laughed a bit. He sat up a little, keeping one hand on Y/n's side, while his other hand had leaned onto his head.

He stared at his wife with a teasing look on his eyes. "Please don't tell me you'll hide from me from now on because we finally did it together? I wouldn't want to play hide and seek with my wife." Erwin sighed.

"You're giving me ideas, your majesty."

Y/n sighed as she finally looked at her husband, who raised one brow at her.

"I will hide from you-"

The empress wasn't able to continue her attempt to tease Erwin back when he stole her lips. "No can do, empress." Erwin said.

She remained calm despite her heart that was already slamming against her chest.

Y/n faked a cough, she sat up, holding the blanket to her body. She feels conscious as to how the emperor is staring at her. "We should get up now, and get ready, right...?"

Erwin sat up, too. He moved closer to the
h/c-haired woman, and kissed her shoulder blades. He admired every mark he left on her. "I wish we wouldn't have to, empress."

The empress couldn't help but smile.

Who knew Erwin was a clingy man?

"You haven't greeted me back, yet."

The blond man kisses her left eye, making her close it, while her other eye squints. She let out a small chuckle. "Good morning, your majesty." Erwin then smiled at her.

"You're lovely like the sun, empress."

Y/n is lost for words, she just stared at Erwin, giving him an affectionate look.

She doesn't know what she should say, but she might as well show that she is grateful for the compliment of her sweet husband.

"Stay here first, empress. I'll call your ladies-in-waiting. Don't get up rashly."

"Yes, your majesty."

Erwin kissed her before getting out of their bed, he already has his pants on, which Y/n was thankful for because she didn't want to look away so suddenly if ever the emperor is still naked.