part xiii

Word Count - 1,990 words

"Hiyah!" 

The Emperor along with his knights and the knights of the Marleyan royal family are at full speed, riding through each place of Marley. 

King Willy announced just earlier that no people are allowed to go out of their houses as there's a "drill" going on. The royal family and the royal government didn't announce the news of Lady Y/n gone missing, and were abducted by bandits.

"Your majesty! It's dangerous to enter the forest!"

Erwin immediately pulled the reins of his horse, making his horse to make an abrupt break and let out a noise as it jumped a bit.

"Why so, Sir Levi?"

Sir Levi let out a heavy sigh, he pointed at the sign beside and sticking on a rusting metal post.

The emperor looked at the sign. 

Do not enter. Tiger's den!

"The previous king has prohibited anyone from entering this forest, emperor Smith. The decree was made five years ago…" Sir Lionel spoke.

His tone was evident with melancholy. 

Erwin and Levi looked at Y/n's younger brother. 

"This forest was where..." 

Lionel let out a sigh. 

"...Lady Leticia was found dead, along with her coachman, lady-in-waiting and personal knight."

The emperor was shocked, even Sir Levi.

Erwin looked at the entrance of the forest.

Somehow, he has a strong feeling that he should enter the forest and look for his fiancé inside.

Lady Y/n…are you perhaps…in there?

"Quick! Run!" 

Everyone was alerted upon hearing unfamiliar voices from inside the forest. Levi immediately drew out his sword and blocked the emperor's way. "Stand ready and protect his majesty…!!" 

The emperor held onto his sword's handle, his brows furrowed as he stared from afar, even if all he could see from inside the forest was darkness.

Erwin and everyone else was surprised when two men appeared, looking so terrified. 

Levi and Lionel jumped off their horses, and immediately pointed their swords at the two men. 

The two men trembled in their places.

They raised their hands, dropping their weapons onto the ground.

"N-no…!!! Please spare us…!!"

Erwin jumped off his horse, he gripped tightly on his sword as he walked towards the two men. Levi and Lionel tried to stop him, but he's a stubborn man. What were you two doing inside?"

The two men stared at the emperor with fear. 

They have never seen someone looking so scary even if the blonde-man is just calm and collected.

"One lie will equal two limbs. That's why you don't open your mouth, just to answer me with lies."

Erwin drew out his sword, causing a rustling sound to echo all over the place. "But I'm not asking you to not speak, either. If you dare not to answer my questions, then I shall cut off your…"

The two men shrieked when Erwin pointed his sword into their mouths. "Your precious tongues."

"W-we took a woman inside the forest!"