part l

Word Count - 2,405 words

"...your brother is getting married soon, Zeke. It's a shame you won't be here to see him tie the knot with the lady he loves."

Dina used her hand to sweep off the dirt and some dry leaves that covered her son's tomb.

A small yet sad smile crept onto her lips as she reads her son's name engraved on the tomb stone.

"Eren and Mikasa will surely make a good family. I'm sure you're happy for them, too."

Tears trickled down to the blond woman's cheeks. She closed her eyes and covered her mouth as she began to cry, not wanting to make any noise in a peaceful place.

"I miss you...Zeke...please...come back."

Dina stayed in her son's grave for a few more hours, just talking to her son about anything even if she knows her son, Zeke, won't be able to respond to her anymore.

For the past four years, it's been hard.

Not just for her, but for everyone, too.

She wasn't the only one who lost someone special, but Dina knows that she's the most heartbroken person because she became a woman, a mother, who lost her own son.

"Lady Dina..."

Dina wiped the tears on her eyes and cheeks. She stood up from sitting down on the grassy ground, then turned to look at the person who called her attention.

The blond woman was surprised upon seeing Viscount Leonhart, one of her co- members from the council of the Left faction. "Viscount Leonhart, what brings you here? Is the assembly already done?"

Viscount Leonhart sighed, shutting both eyes for a moment. He shook his head. A look of disappointment was evident in his expression. "It is done, and disappointing."

Dina raised a brow, she wrapped herself with her shawl as she began to leave with Viscount Leonhart. "...What happened?"

Viscount Leonhart looked at her with both sadness and guilt in his expression.

"The emperor...has agreed to remarry."

--

"His majesty...really agreed to remarry?"

Disbelief was evident on Historia's face after hearing from Lady Finger what the decision of the emperor had come up to.

Lady Finger nodded, looking both sad and mad. Their empress may have passed, but they remained in the palace to take care of the empress Y/n's property and belongings.

"Then...this room...we'll have to remove it?"

Tears streamed down to Historia's cheeks. The thought of cleaning their empress' room, removing all her things and all...is painful enough for her. She wants to refuse.

"We can't do anything about this anymore, Historia. The emperor is still the one in power, and all we can do is to follow him."

The blond lady clenched her fists, she cried silently, and Lady Finger had nothing else to do but to just pull her in an embrace.

"Once the emperor gets remarried, we'll have to leave the palace. Even if we won't be able to serve her majesty any longer, we can still work for her by staying in her private residence, and taking care of her properties and belongings. We just have to stay strong. It's been four long years..."

Four years, yet everyone is still wounded.

Four long years, but everyone still hasn't moved on.

--