part viii

Word Count - 2,685 words

King Willy has his brows furrowed while staring at his mother, his fists are clenched under the table. 

The Queen Dowager is just calmly sitting down across from him, and enjoying her tea. 

They're in the previous King's pavilion. 

Willy had come to see his mother regarding Y/n. "Mother, I know you're not fond of Y/n, but please stop it now. She's leaving soon, can't you just bother her?"

Queen Dowager Ferencia looked at her son, raising a brow. "That vixen's daughter threatened to kill me, and you're asking me to turn a blind eye to what she did?"

King Willy let out a sigh. 

"That's because you provoked her. Y/n has always been polite and quiet when it comes to you. But you always have to insult her, what she said, and why she became rude must've been because she already lost her patience. Y/n may be a good girl, mother. But that girl has her limits, so stop before she snaps at you." 

Queen Dowager Ferencia rolled her eyes, she gritted her teeth out of annoyance. The empress dowager aggressively put her teacup down.

"I'm your mother yet you're taking the side of that useless sister of yours?! Don't be such an idiot, Willy!"

King Willy clenched his jaw. 

"Mother…"

"You're just like your father...you're both too soft for things that aren't worthy!! And that is the reason why our kingdom is only second to Eldia!" 

The King was taken aback, hearing what his mother said. "Mother! You're crossing the line!" 

"Do not raise your voice at me! You may be the King but I am your mother!" 

King Willy gritted his teeth, he stood up and walked out, leaving his mother shouting for him to come back.

The King just walked and walked, not even bothering to where he would arrive.

He was just surprised when he sighted his younger sister in front of the emperor's residence, talking to Emperor Smith. 

It seems that the two are going for a walk. 

Willy's brows furrowed as he stared at Y/n.

Y/n...I'm sorry for not being able to protect you. But I'm glad Emperor Smith was there to help you. 

The King turned around, not letting himself be seen by Y/n. But Erwin did see him.

King Willy stared up at the clear skies.

I'm sure she'll have a better life at Eldia.

That's also why I want her to marry Emperor Smith. No one will bully her there. She has power and she is in good hands.

Y/n...I'm doing this for your own good.

--

"My lady!!" 

Y/n and Erwin were interrupted when Danaya came rushing to them. 

"What is it, Danaya?" Y/n asked.

Danaya smiled widely, the blonde-woman bowed at Erwin first before continuing to speak. "Princess Lara is finally back!"

Y/n's eyes widened. 

Lionel, who was wiping his sword, dropped his sword to the ground from the shock.

"Sister is already here?!"

Danaya chuckled because of Y/n and Lionel speaking in sync.

Erwin stayed beside Y/n, quite amused to see the excitement in Y/n's eyes.