part li

Word Count - 3,700 words

Four years ago...

Year 850

"It seems today is our lucky day, brothers! We harvested a lot of fish in the sea today!"

Sota looked at his co-fishermen, smiling from genuinely feeling happy for them.

Today was indeed a lucky day for them, fishermen. For they harvested a lot of fish, and some of them even got rare fishes.

"My wife and children will be happy!"

"Hahaha! My mother will surely ask me to cook one of these rare fishes we got, yeah?"

"How about we just go for a drink and treat ourselves with these rare fishes, eh?"

Sota only laughed, shaking his head.

Instead of joining in with the others, he busied himself with fixing the fishing nets and fishing equipment they used from fishing earlier. "Hey, Sota. You wanna join us for a drink later?" Sota stopped with his stuff for a moment to look at their leader.

He smiled politely, gently shaking his head.

"I appreciate the invitation, boss. But I have to take care of my father."

His boss sighed, yet also smiled at him.

"Nothing can do, then. Just come whenever you find a free time later. Us and the guys will surely stay up until we're drunk dead."

Sota laughed as he nodded. "Yes."

After dropping off the fish at the market, and finishing all the things they need, Sota went straight home to his father, while his co-fishermen went to gather for some drinks.

Sota arrived at his home at exactly eight in the night, finding his old man seating by the window, and staring at the ocean.

"Otōsan, did you eat yet?"

His father looked back at him, smiling with also his eyes. "I was waiting for you, son."

Sota let out a sigh. He smiled and nodded, putting his hat down on the table beside him. "I earned a lot today, its enough for me to buy you your medicine. I asked my boss that I won't be going to work tomorrow, let's go to the town and have you checked up. I heard there's a free medical service that the King is offering to this kingdom's people. We're foreigns, but let's still try."

"I'm sorry, Sota. You already have a lot on your shoulder because of me."

The man paused for a moment, he looked at his father who looked guilty again. This isn't the first time, his father tends to feel guilty whenever he talks about this kind of stuff. "How many times do I have to tell you that you are no burden, otosān? If you were, I would've kicked you out a long time ago."

His father laughed. His father knows that he was only joking with his second statement. "I am your father so..."

"Mhm. Let's just have dinner, old man."

Sota is a good man, but most especially a good son. He is hard working, helpful, respectful, and attractive, too.

He's young, 27 years of age. Standing tall at 6'3, has a good body built, fair skin, small beautiful brown eyes and soft-looking silky long black hair that he usually ties in a man bun.

Sota and his father are not Marleyan, but they are Orientals who originated from a small province in Hizuru. They only live in Marley because their life in Hizuru isn't easy, life became easier after they moved to Marley.

"When are you getting married, Sota? I might die, and still not be able to see you get married and have children."

The man frowned at his father for his words. "Stop talking about dying and just focus on your food, dad." His dad only laughed at him. "And I can't get married and have my own family yet, you know I don't even have anything to give to myself, yet I will still find myself a wife and have kids? That's so irresponsible. Tsk..."