part xix

Word Count - 2,160 words

One week have passed since the emperor returned to Eldia, and for the whole week, Erwin was loaded with his ruling duties.

He barely had time to check up on Y/n personally, though he made sure that he gets an update from both Sir Mike and Lady Nanaba about how Y/n is doing.

"Is she already sleeping?"

Lady Nanaba nodded her head. "Yes." Answering the emperor's question.

It's already midnight, and Emperor Smith just finished his work the hour before the clock struck 00:00. Erwin decided to head to his fiancé's residence to check up on Y/n.

"Her ladyship was tired from touring around Wall Rose, your majesty. She went to a lot of places today inside Wall Rose."

Erwin stared at the door of Y/n's room.

He hasn't seen her for one week straight.

He hasn't talked to her since they arrived.

And he feels bad about it.

"I see. I'll just come back tomorrow, then."

Lady Nanaba nodded, she bowed as the emperor turned around, and made his way to leave. Sir Levi followed behind Erwin.

Nanaba's brows shot-up upon remembering something that Y/n had told her if sh could relay to the emperor.

"Ah...pardon, your majesty!"

Erwin and Levi both stopped.

They looked back at Nanaba.

"Yes?" Erwin responded.

The blonde lady smiled a bit.

"Her ladyship told me yesterday...if she could meet the prince and princess. She have been wanting to see you and talk to you about it." Erwin was taken aback.

He blinked twice as his eyes went to stare at the door of Y/n's room once again.

She already wants to meet ny twins?

"Then...I shall come here tomorrow morning, and accompany Lady Y/n to the prince and princess' palace." Erwin said.

Nanaba smiled.

"I will tell her about it, your majesty."

--

- The Next Day -

Y/n woke up from the sunlight kissing her  face. She felt the warmth, and her eyes still got dazed even when it was still shut close.

She turned to the other side of her bed, slowly opening her eyes as she stared at nowhere. The h/c-haired lady sighed upon realizing for the hundredth time that no Danaya is around to wake her up early.

It's been one week since she arrived at Eldia. It's been one week since she parted ways with Danaya, Sir Philip and Lionel.

I wonder how they are doing?

Y/n sat up, gently brushing her hair back up. She rubbed her eyes, while yawning, and covering her mouth as it opened.

A knock on the door had disturbed her.

"My lady, it is I, Nanaba. If you're already awake, would you please let me enter? I have a message from his royal majesty."

Her eyes went round, she felt her heart skipped a beat upon the mention of her fiancé. "Yes. You can enter, Lady Nanaba."

The door opened, and Nanaba walked in.

Her dame bowed before speaking.

"What message does his majesty have for me?" Y/n asked.